• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Smash 4 Wii U Data Discoveries

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I found some interesting stuff in the Smash 4 Wii U game files. Essentially, there's reason to believe that there is a cut Dr. Mario stage (And boss!), and Gematsu was properly correct about Chorus Men. Swapnote might've had a stage at some point too. Textures are still unavailable, so it's hard to say 100% yet.

Quick shout outs to @Swampasaur , @AEM , @Naoshi for helping to contextualize the data.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The Gematsu ride never ends

Great work! None of this is really surprising but it's good to have confirmation.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Interesting, but I'm still glad the rhythmthings aren't here. A Dr. Mario stage would have been sweet, though.

Shog

Smash Ace
Finally, we have confirmation that Gematsu Leak was kinda right. It was weird the moment everybody jumped off simply because it got disproven late in game development. The data the leaker got was early...this explains a lot

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
DLC is still a thought that could bring all of this back from the dead.
As someone pretty dedicated to my main, the thought of stage DLC actually interests me more than character DLC. A Dr. Mario stage could be really cool. Maybe there's still a chance!

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
DLC is still a thought that could bring all of this back from the dead.
Possibly. This might just be cut content though, which is practically never brought to the public as DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty interesting finds!

I think that we could of had a Dr. Mario stage and one was made in development. However, I think that they decided to make the stage near the end of the game's development where Dr. Mario was turned into a playable clone.
As for the Rhythm Heaven stuff, this is a pretty nice find. I'm not torn over losing the Chorus Men, but I do wish that we could of had some Rhythm Heaven representation in forms of a character or stage just so that we can have more representation from un-represented franchises in Smash.

As for the Gematsu leak, I guess it was partially real. I think that Robin and Chrom were both meant to be on the roster and when the time came to cut a character, Chrom was cut in favor of Robin because he would of been a more unique character in Smash. I theorize that the Gematsu leaker saw the bigger roster and recounted a few things from it.

ChefKef

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hayesey
3DS FC
3368-2641-2915
I would buy this as DLC, hell, I'd buy any DLC.
But I'm still waiting for that Miiverse stage. Yeah, remember that and how cool it looked? Guess they are trying to find a filter so that there aren't ***** flying in the background.

Last edited:

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
This may be a stupid question and I may make myself look dumb, but on that link, were those virus models the ones that were supposed to be in SSB4 or were they just icons from a Dr. Mario game?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This may be a stupid question and I may make myself look dumb, but on that link, were those virus models the ones that were supposed to be in SSB4 or were they just icons from a Dr. Mario game?
They are the ones found in the game (with the other character icons).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It could've also been a Rhythm Heaven stage. That said, this does make Gematsu far more likely.

Nice find.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It could've also been a Rhythm Heaven stage. That said, this does make Gematsu far more likely.

Nice find.
The order in the mark_db strongly suggests a character (and possibly a stage). The mark_db is order by the way the series were introduced in the Smash Bros game.

I do what I can :).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The order in the mark_db strongly suggests a character (and possibly a stage). The mark_db is order by the way the series were introduced in the Smash Bros game.

I do what I can :).
Ah. I will say this doesn't mean Chorus Men specifically, though. We still don't have extremely good evidence to show it was explicitly them. Just a character from the series is rather more likely now. And it also explains the Smash Run enemy easily.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ah. I will say this doesn't mean Chorus Men specifically, though. We still don't have extremely good evidence to show it was explicitly them. Just a character from the series is rather more likely now. And it also explains the Smash Run enemy easily.
Yes that's true-- but coupled with the fact that Sakurai did consider Chrom...the Gematsu leak is looking to be almost verified. I believe the Gematsu leaker was only involved with the project planning, and was not involved with the actual game development.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I found some interesting stuff in the Smash 4 Wii U game files. Essentially, there's reason to believe that there is a cut Dr. Mario stage (And boss!), and Gematsu was properly correct about Chorus Men. Swapnote might've had a stage at some point too. Textures are still unavailable, so it's hard to say 100% yet.

Quick shout outs to @Swampasaur , @AEM , @Naoshi for helping to contextualize the data.
Very interesting

So gemusatu was right the first time (athough :4darkpit::4duckhunt::4bowserjr:/:4larry:/:4roy:/:4wendy:/:4iggy:/:4morton:/:4lemmy:/:4ludwig:are tick off at the people who jumped the gun on the gemusato characters being the last ones)

But i want to point this out none of this stuff is not down for the count

Because of this character :mewtwopm:

If mewtwo prooves sakurai wrong about dlc being a flop he may finish this stuff found

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes that's true-- but coupled with the fact that Sakurai did consider Chrom...the Gematsu leak is looking to be almost verified. I believe the Gematsu leaker was only involved with the project planning, and was not involved with the actual game development.
Makes sense. And heard stuff during it, hence him leaking Mii Fighters right before their reveal.

All Sakurai has to do is show us a RH character planned. Either A) Gematsu leaked actual plans or B) He guessed which RH character. Pretty much this show overall Gematsu was definitely legit. With varying parts, anyway. Wrong dates, etc.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
This may be difficult, but can you find anything in there regarding the distribution of Custom Specials(for tournaments) and Mii Headgear(for completionists), like if it's actually based on an RNG or if these events are influence-able in some way.

In case you're not aware of the Mii Headgear struggle, most people attempting to 100% this game, myself included, get stuck with one more Mii Hat to collect, but it never seems to come despite trudging through hundreds if not thousands of hats(there are only 48 to collect so this is statistically almost impossible), until it just happens to show up on a whim after weeks of grinding. I figure it has to be based on something other than RNG, and would like to know if you have any findings on the matter?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This may be difficult, but can you find anything in there regarding the distribution of Custom Specials(for tournaments) and Mii Headgear(for completionists), like if it's actually based on an RNG or if these events are influence-able in some way.

In case you're not aware of the Mii Headgear struggle, most people attempting to 100% this game, myself included, get stuck with one more Mii Hat to collect, but it never seems to come despite trudging through hundreds if not thousands of hats(there are only 48 to collect so this is statistically almost impossible). I figure it has to be based on something other than RNG, and would like to know if you have any findings on the matter?
I'm well aware, and it's something I actually plan on looking into. I originally wrote the translation of the 3DS challenges (Only missing the Peach Hat still, see signature) before the US version was released~ As a felllow completionist, I really want to understand the hat/custom drop system. I have the results_simple deserialized, but nothing else is in readable format. Once I can get them in readable format, I intend to figure out how they work as just the results_simple is not useful in itself.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm well aware, and it's something I actually plan on looking into. I originally wrote the translation of the 3DS challenges (Only missing the Peach Hat still, see signature) before the US version was released~ As a felllow completionist, I really want to understand the hat/custom drop system. I have the results_simple deserialized, but nothing else is in readable format. Once I can get them in readable format, I intend to figure out how they work as just the results_simple is not useful in itself.
Alright, it would definitely be a big help on both ends of the spectrum, between the completionist frustration of trying to finish off those hats and the competitive sheer amount of time it takes to unlock all custom specials. I'm glad to see it's being looked into.

Also, and you don't have to, if you wanted to send the data my way, I'd love to take a look at it myself, if there was any way I could assist.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Wow. I certainly would've preferred a Dr. Mario stage to a Wrecking Crew stage. (It would be home to both ROB and Doc).

Also, I would've liked it if Dr. Mario had his own victory theme.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I can totally see a Dr. Mario stage being scrapped since he was one of the "last minute" clones. I really hope it wasn't an 8-Bit stage like Duck Hunt or 75M. They're just really boring visually.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I can totally see a Dr. Mario stage being scrapped since he was one of the "last minute" clones. I really hope it wasn't an 8-Bit stage like Duck Hunt or 75M. They're just really boring visually.
8-bit stages are fine IMO. Just as long as they're iconic. I hate Pac-Land because it's neither visually appealing nor iconic.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
8-bit stages are fine IMO. Just as long as they're iconic. I hate Pac-Land because it's neither visually appealing nor iconic.
They're okay I guess but I'd rather see a vivid new imagining of how they would look like in 3D. Why do you think people love Magicant so much? But yes I agree Pac Land looks like garbage.

Hb2

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to datamine the text from the game? I'd like to see the complete list of Milestones of the Wii U version.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Was just looking through that.

Here it is: Warning, it needs to be cleaned up.
StartedplayingSuper
SmashBros.forWiiU!Playedan8-PlayerSmash
forthefirsttime!Falco,Fox'sbrashwingman,has
joinedthebattle!Wario,thegreedymicrogamemaker,
hasjoinedthebattle!Lucina,herofromadoomedfuture,
hasjoinedthebattle!DarkPit,theflawedcloneofPit,
hasjoinedthebattle!Dr.Mario,MDinhand,has
joinedthebattle!R.O.B.,therobotwiththescorching
beam,hasjoinedthebattle!Mr.Game&Watch,the2Dwarrior
ofold,hasjoinedthebattle!DuckHunt,theold-schoolhunting
crew,hasjoinedthebattle!Allfightersnowavailable!
Letthetruebattlebegin!UnlockedtheGamerstage!
Bewarethemother'sgaze!UnlockedtheDuckHuntstage!
Baskintheretrogoodness!UnlockedthePAC-LANDstage!
Helpthefairyandthengethome!UnlockedtheFlatZoneXstage!
Youknowallsevengames?Whatafan!UnlockedthePokémonStadium2stage!
Fourelementschangetheenvironment!UnlockedtheKongoJungle64stage!
MakeuseofthemightyBarrelCannon!UnlockedtheSmashvillestage!
Ooo,maybeK.K.Sliderwillshowup?UnlockedtheOnettstage!
Lookbothwaysbeforecrossing
thisstage!UnlockedtheTemplestage!
Timetofightwayabovetheclouds!Unlockedallstages!Timeto
learnall46insideandout!UnlockedthetrueSoloAll-Star
mode!FinditinGames&More.UnlockedthetrueGroupAll-Star
mode!FinditinGames&More.UnlockedMoreRules!Finditby
selectingSmashandthenRules.Unlockedrandomstageswitching!
YoucanfinditintheSmashrules.
EncounteredMewforthefirsttime!
Strangethingsdohappen.CollectedeveryAssistTrophy!
Strengthinnumbers!Unlockedademooftheclassictitle
Punch-Out!!PlayitinMasterpieces!Unlockedademooftheclassictitle
Kirby'sAdventure!PlayitinMasterpieces!Unlockedademooftheclassictitle
Dr.Mario!PlayitinMasterpieces!Unlockedademooftheclassictitle
EarthBound!PlayitinMasterpieces!Unlockedademooftheclassictitle
Yoshi!PlayitinMasterpieces!UnlockedalloftheMasterpieces!
Nowyoucanreallydelveinto
thefighters'origins!Collecteduniquetrophies!Collectedeverysingletrophy!
Thankyou,andcongrats!Collectedoversongs!Collectedeverysong!
MusictoSmashto!ClearedClassicforthefirsttime!ClearedClassicwitheveryfighter!ClearedClassicatintensity
9.0:NothingHarder!ClearedAll-Starforthefirsttime!ClearedAll-Starwitheveryfighter!ClearedAll-Staronhard!Won100-ManSmashforthefirsttime!AchievedahighscoreofinRivalSmash!DefeatedenemiestotalinEndlessSmash!DefeatedenemiestotalinCruelSmash!GotaGlobalSmashPowerrating!AchievedaGlobalSmashPowerof!Explodedbombs
inTargetBlast!Earnedpoints
inTargetBlast!Blewupcombinedtargets
andobstaclesinTargetBlast!Clearedtheft.mark
inHome-RunContest!Brokeblocks
inTrophyRush!Obtainedtrophies
inTrophyRush!Clearedchallenges
inSoloEvents!Clearedallchallenges
inSoloEvents!Mettherewardrequirements
ofallSoloEventschallenges!Clearedchallenges
inGroupEvents!Clearedallchallenges
inGroupEvents!Mettherewardrequirements
forallGroupEventschallenges!Clearedanintense-difficultyticket
inMasterOrdersforthefirsttime!ClearedCrazyOrders
forthefirsttime!ClearedCrazyOrdersafter
gettingthroughrounds!PlayedSmashTour
forthefirsttime!Playedatotaloformore
turnsinSmashTour!CompletedeverypanelinChallenges!Foundcustomitems!Collectedunique
customspecialmoves!Collectedeverycustomspecial
move!Showmeyourmoves!Collectedunique
headgearitems!Collectedeverycustomheadgear
item!That'salotofhats!Collectedtypesof
customoutfits!Collectedeverycustomoutfit.
Dressforsuccess!Foundunique
bonuseffects
forequipment!Foundeverytypeofbonus
effectforequipment!
It'ssupereffective!Collectedeveryonline
profileicon!Picktheone
that'srightforyou!You'vefoughtbattles!You'vefoughtbattles!
Positivelysmashing!You'vefoughtbattles!
You'renoordinaryfighter!You'vefoughtbattles!
Incredible!Keepitup!You'vefoughtbattles!
Soyoulikethegamethen?You'vefoughtbattles!
AMAZING!Thanksforplaying.Unlockedallthecriesof
thePokémoninSounds!UnlockedallofKirby'scopied
voiceclipsinSounds!

Last edited:

Hb2

Smash Cadet
I cleaned it up, and filled it with known numbers where required. Unless there are some unknown numbers (like defeating 100 enemies in Cruel Smash or something), this should be te complete Milestone list:

Code:
Started playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!
Played an 8-Player Smash for the first time!
Falco, Fox's brash wingman, has joined the battle!
Wario, the greedy microgame maker, has joined the battle!
Lucina, hero from a doomed future, has joined the battle!
Dark Pit, the flawed clone of Pit, has joined the battle!
Dr. Mario, MD in hand, has joined the battle!
R.O.B., the robot with the scorching beam, has joined the battle!
Mr. Game & Watch, the 2D warrior of old, has joined the battle!
Duck Hunt, the old-school hunting crew, has joined the battle!
All fighters now available! Let the true battle begin!
Unlocked the Gamer stage! Beware the mother's gaze!
Unlocked the Duck Hunt stage! Bask in the retro goodness!
Unlocked the PAC-LAND stage! Help the fairy and then get home!
Unlocked the Flat Zone X stage! You know all seven games? What a fan!
Unlocked the Pokémon Stadium 2 stage! Four elements change the environment!
Unlocked the Kongo Jungle 64 stage! Make use of the mighty Barrel Cannon!
Unlocked the Smashville stage! Ooo, maybe K.K. Slider will show up?
Unlocked the Onett stage! Look both ways before crossing this stage!
Unlocked the Temple stage! Time to fight way above the clouds!
Unlocked all stages! Time to learn all 46 inside and out!
Unlocked the true Solo All-Star mode! Find it in Games & More.
Unlocked the true Group All-Star mode! Find it in Games & More.
Unlocked More Rules! Find it by selecting Smash and then Rules.
Unlocked random stage switching! You can find it in the Smash rules.
Encountered Mew for the first time! Strange things do happen.
Collected every Assist Trophy! Strength in numbers!
Unlocked a demo of the classic title Punch-Out!! Play it in Masterpieces!
Unlocked a demo of the classic title Kirby's Adventure! Play it in Masterpieces!
Unlocked a demo of the classic title Dr. Mario! Play it in Masterpieces!
Unlocked a demo of the classic title EarthBound! Play it in Masterpieces!
Unlocked a demo of the classic title Yoshi! Play it in Masterpieces!
Unlocked all of the Masterpieces! Now you can really delve into the fighters' origins!
Collected 100 unique trophies!
Collected 200 unique trophies!
Collected 300 unique trophies!
Collected 400 unique trophies!
Collected 500 unique trophies!
Collected 600 unique trophies!
Collected every single trophy! Thank you, and congrats!
Collected over 350 songs!
Collected over 400 songs!
Collected every song! Music to Smash to!
Cleared Classic for the first time!
Cleared Classic with every fighter!
Cleared Classic at intensity 9.0: Nothing Harder!
Cleared All-Star for the first time!
Cleared All-Star with every fighter!
Cleared All-Star on hard!
Won 100-Man Smash for the first time!
Achieved a high score of 100 in Rival Smash!
Defeated 300 enemies total in Endless Smash!
Defeated 10 enemies total in Cruel Smash!
Got a Global Smash Power rating!
Achieved a Global Smash Power of 100000!
Exploded 500 bombs in Target Blast!
Earned 400000 points in Target Blast!
Blew up 5000 combined targets and obstacles in Target Blast!
Cleared the 3280 ft. mark in Home-Run Contest!
Broke 1000 blocks in Trophy Rush!
Broke 5000 blocks in Trophy Rush!
Obtained 500 trophies in Trophy Rush!
Cleared 30 challenges in Solo Events!
Cleared all challenges in Solo Events!
Met the reward requirements of all Solo Events challenges!
Cleared 10 challenges in Group Events!
Cleared all challenges in Group Events!
Met the reward requirements for all Group Events challenges!
Cleared an intense-difficulty ticket in Master Orders for the first time!
Cleared Crazy Orders for the first time!
Cleared Crazy Orders after getting through 10 rounds!
Played Smash Tour for the first time!
Played a total of 100 or more turns in Smash Tour!
Completed every panel in Challenges!
Found 100 custom items!
Found 200 custom items!
Found 300 custom items!
Found 400 custom items!
Found 500 custom items!
Found 600 custom items!
Found 700 custom items!
Found 800 custom items!
Found 900 custom items!
Found 1000 custom items!
Collected 50 unique custom special moves!
Collected 100 unique custom special moves!
Collected 200 unique custom special moves!
Collected 300 unique custom special moves!
Collected every custom special move! Show me your moves!
Collected 10 unique headgear items!
Collected 20 unique headgear items!
Collected 30 unique headgear items!
Collected 40 unique headgear items!
Collected every custom headgear item! That's a lot of hats!
Collected 10 types of custom outfits!
Collected every custom outfit. Dress for success!
Found 30 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 40 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 50 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 60 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 70 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 80 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found 90 unique bonus effects for equipment!
Found every type of bonus effect for equipment! It's super effective!
Collected every online profile icon! Pick the one that's right for you!
You've fought 10 battles!
You've fought 50 battles!
You've fought 100 battles!
You've fought 200 battles!
You've fought 300 battles!
You've fought 500 battles!
You've fought 700 battles!
You've fought 1000 battles! Positively smashing!
You've fought 2000 battles!
You've fought 3000 battles!
You've fought 4000 battles!
You've fought 5000 battles!
You've fought 7777 battles!
You battled 10000 times! You're no ordinary fighter!
You've fought 50000 battles! Incredible! Keep it up!
You've fought 100000 battles! So you like the game then?
You've fought 1000000 battles! AMAZING! Thanks for playing.

I noticed that some of them are unused. It looks like the Gamer, Onett and Temple stage where unlockable at some point in development. And, as you said, the More Rules menu was also unlockable. Random stage switching is still unlockable by the way, so that's an obtainable milestone.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
What kind of "deserialized" are we talking about? Just raw, unencrypted/compressed binary data? I figured out the status effect weakness and item drop tables in Paper Mario TTYD and the item roulette chances in MKWii through mucking around similar data with memory viewing, hex editors and the like, so maybe I could be of assistance.

Awesome work finding all this, by the way!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What kind of "deserialized" are we talking about? Just raw, unencrypted/compressed binary data? I figured out the status effect weakness and item drop tables in Paper Mario TTYD and the item roulette chances in MKWii through mucking around similar data with memory viewing, hex editors and the like, so maybe I could be of assistance.

Awesome work finding all this, by the way!
Oh man, the days of hex editing... Back when the coolest thing you could do was hack a Pokémon ROM... I gave that stuff up, though. I mean, it's not exactly legal. Deleted all my stuff.

I've done enough hex editing and binary editing to know that I don't want to do any more hex/binary code editing, though...

Top Bottom