• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 vs Ultimate MK

Will MK be better than his Smash 4 variant?

• His smash 4 variant will be better

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • His ultimate variant will be better

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I've seen a whole load of buffs given to MK and he didn't lose a whole lot from it. He gained much more range on pretty much everything, a better aerial game, less landing lag, aerial camping seems just as good as brawl, hell his recovery is even slightly better, this came at the cost of him losing his ladder combo, since up b no longer kills, this murders his 80% kill confirm out of dthrow or dash attack, as well as kills his ladder's kill power.

Which begs the question, is smash 4 MK better than ultimate or will his ultimate variant be better?

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
I think he's obviously worse overall without Up B, but he'll still be good.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
It's hard to say straight up without being able to experiment on a lot of things, not to mention how the engine changes will affect strats with him now. As long as he can find another kill route that can be similarly as strong as his up B was in sm4sh I think he'll be better overall, but without one I'd argue that he has too much trouble adding percent to reasonably kill someone before they can kill him, leaving him in probably mid-ish tier.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
It's hard to say straight up without being able to experiment on a lot of things, not to mention how the engine changes will affect strats with him now. As long as he can find another kill route that can be similarly as strong as his up B was in sm4sh I think he'll be better overall, but without one I'd argue that he has too much trouble adding percent to reasonably kill someone before they can kill him, leaving him in probably mid-ish tier.
lol

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
not as good a brawl or PM... but holy **** MK can fight for the S tier again or at least be in the A tier,

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
IMO:
Still hard to say, but I feel that the new MK, more because the engine, is better.
Mk got a lot of options that are really strong against some characters but still lacking against another ones.
On the brigher side, it's like he sacrificed the S.Loop to get a boost at everything else.
S.Loop still kills, and it's a great options to read/punish jumps, but is not what it was in Smash4.
Tornado is really strong in this game, not to finish combos, but mainly to edgeguard, really strong move, destroy a bunch of character

I feel that people that are not slow (like Belmonts) and have high range will be problem.
Marth, Roy, Lucina, maybe Shulk.
I also feels that he must edgeguat at least once per match to actually win.

Top Bottom