• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Smash 4 Victory - Smash 4 Bi-weekly

Smash 4 Victory - Smash 4 Bi-weekly
Posted by bader
Victory Pointe
Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

~ Midnight ~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WBFrosch202
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
I would love to help your R.O.B. KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian . I'm free online often (SoL = #1 Online Crew) , so that's where I get most of my training from. I also play a lot with Volt826 Volt826 and ImmortalJD99 ImmortalJD99 often so anyone should feel free to join us. I want to play more offline so I am trying to attend as many offline tournaments as possible for me. Btw @Fighter Hex and I are attempting to create a smash scene in our area that needs a little more assistance but should be running soon. These will not interfere with Pgh NEOH because we want our Pennsylvania area to have the most practice as possible. I will not advertise on this thread anymore because it rude but I just wanted to let you guys know about our plans. If you would like to know more please PM (Private Message) me so I can explain all details. Anyways, I am hype for Hope X this Saturday and I am hoping to place well. ~ Team: SoL | Midnight (:4greninja:,:4lucario:) & SoL | Volt (:4miibrawl:,:4villager:)

~ Midnight ~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WBFrosch202
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Code: Atlas Code: Atlas I didn't know you also mained Falco, that's really cool! At my first local ever (Sm4sh Victory 7) I played a Falco main [Name: Vaporeon] and our matches were pretty fun so hopefully at Hope X (If You are attending) we could do some friendlies. Btw, Ggs you have a solid Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

BattleSnacks

Smash Rookie
I am EXTREMELY NEW to competitive smash, and this is the only event in my area, is it spectator friendly, or should I only go if I'm prepared to compete?

ImmortalJD99

Smash Rookie
NNID
ImmortalJD99
I am EXTREMELY NEW to competitive smash, and this is the only event in my area, is it spectator friendly, or should I only go if I'm prepared to compete?
I would go and compete if you are trying to get into it. It is still really fun. But really, it is spectator friendly. I do believe that you would still need to pay the venue fee for friendlies, though.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Definitely going to this. Havent had much tournnament play for Smash 4, only For Glory. Hopefully watch a learn for more competitive play. Also meet new people and have fun

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
I play Lucario mainly, using Bowser and Mario as backups. Played some good Lucarios and Bowser on For Glory (ugh) but like to play with locals so I can learn more. I played against Ash Bowser and did really well. Would love to face Le Troof or CalmAnimal for a real Bowser matchups lol. As for Lucario, all I know about is Kamicario.

ImmortalJD99

Smash Rookie
NNID
ImmortalJD99
I play Lucario mainly, using Bowser and Mario as backups. Played some good Lucarios and Bowser on For Glory (ugh) but like to play with locals so I can learn more. I played against Ash Bowser and did really well. Would love to face Le Troof or CalmAnimal for a real Bowser matchups lol. As for Lucario, all I know about is Kamicario.
I know how you could face Lord Mix's Bowser. I do main him and would love to ditto you at the next VP.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Im down for a ditto. In all honesty, im average at best at Smash 4. Dont have anyone to play against likr I did with Melee. Not alot of people in the area, well my area, to play against to actually gain skill

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
Sigh sometimes I wish I had time and money to go to more than just locals. Online mode frustrates me and so does being a senior in high school who's not working...

MrTriHorse

Smash Rookie
This was my first tournament and I was definitely impressed by it even though I didn't place that great. If you don't remember I was the Pika player named MrTriHorse. I'll probably come to another one of these some time.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
I had alot of fun. Met some awesome people. I think I did decent for my first Smash 4 Tournament. Im definitely going to be attending again.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
Sometimes I hate how broken my mains. Getting zero to deaths with Rosa and bayo feels evil AF. Hopefully I can do more of that at the next VP!

Last edited:

bader

Smash Cadet
Updated the main page with our Youtube link for stream VODs and results for a couple of weeks I was missing. Everything is currently up to date!

Next tournament is currently scheduled for May 1st! See you all there!

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
Updated the main page with our Youtube link for stream VODs and results for a couple of weeks I was missing. Everything is currently up to date!

Next tournament is currently scheduled for May 1st! See you all there!
Wait it isn't may 30, Saturday? Or is the Arcadian separate from the other VP?

bader

Smash Cadet
Wait it isn't may 30, Saturday? Or is the Arcadian separate from the other VP?
It hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but the Arcadian is going to be running on Saturday April 30 with the regular VP bi-weekly the next day. I'm still waiting back to hear from the venue, they can be difficult to get in contact with.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
It hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but the Arcadian is going to be running on Saturday April 30 with the regular VP bi-weekly the next day. I'm still waiting back to hear from the venue, they can be difficult to get in contact with.
Wow that'll be tough, having a whole area blocked for two days. Too bad I'll miss out on the other VP (if I go to one, the other day I spend doing all my HW cuz teachers find it very smart to assign more HW on weekends)

bader

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION!!

Due to scheduling conflicts with the venue, we had to move the event to another location. We are holding the event of June 26th at Carnegie Mellon University. The room is Baker Hall A53.

We will still be starting at the scheduled time. Venue fee will be discounted, but we need people to bring setups for this to be successful.

If you have any questions please contact me via Facebook!

Check the Facebook link for the most up to date information!
https://www.facebook.com/events/498217243703008/?ti=icl

GreyGryphon

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if it would be viable to use my 3DS as my controller because I don't actually own a Wii U or a GameCube controller. While I could buy one I would have no way to practice or adjust to a GameCube controller. I know that wireless controllers make a pretty big pain but this is my best option.

BlastLine99

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megatronus
I was wondering if it would be viable to use my 3DS as my controller because I don't actually own a Wii U or a GameCube controller. While I could buy one I would have no way to practice or adjust to a GameCube controller. I know that wireless controllers make a pretty big pain but this is my best option.
They allow Pro Controllers and other wireless controllers, and I believe I saw someone else use a 3DS a while back, so I don't think it will be an issue.

16Pains

Smash Rookie
NNID
16Pains
yes you can use your 3ds as a controller. and just in case you didnt know, you need the 3ds version of smash bros to be able to play it as a controller on the wii u. im not sure any tournaments in america ban the 3ds controller. like they say to do with pro controllers and wii motes, just take out the batteries, turn off your 3ds until you are up for your next match.

bader

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION!!

After talks with the venue, we have decided to slightly alter the schedule to benefit both parties. We will now be holding events twice a month, on the SECOND and FOURTH Sundays of each month.

Please take a moment to look at the first page of this thread, the events throughout the next couple of months are outlined.

Thanks for your participation, see you all on Sunday!

- EDIT -

This will be taking effect starting September. The events in August will follow the schedule we have been operating on.

Last edited:

Samantha May

Smash Rookie
Hey is there gonna be a tournament next week (November 13th)? I'm praying I'll have off work and be able to come

Top Bottom