• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I can 100% confirm with you that you are the only one who feels this way. I have no idea what you used to have but Aus internet is not great.
our internet is pretty bad lol.
For example ireland places 23 places over australia as far as download speeds are
I mean when you used to live in the absolute arsehole of nowhere and your only means of connecting to the internet was by hanging your mobile phone off your wardrobe door handle to use it as a modem (because nowhere else in the house could receive a signal), you tend not to care about download speeds, and only appreciate the fewer hoops you have to jump through. :p At least here you don't have to be in the city centre just to get any sort of connection.

tl;dr Irish internet is great if you can get connected, the problem is that most of the country can't get connected, therefore it's worse than here in the area that matters.

Also where abouts are you staying?
Coburg

Last edited:

tibs7

Smash Champion
some shoutouts over the weekend;

attila we are back to dominating teams, bound to happen some point
E: im sure you'll be watching and studying the matches as much as I am and will come with a different game plan for next time haha, was a good set, next set will be a good one.
Deez: talk was a pretty good time, sure attila and earl were distracted the whole time but whatevs ahaha.
Tom: youre a gun you know that, our set was ok, still some mistakes by both of us. i definitely studied it a bit after last time you came over and destroyed me :p
Dread: love you long time, keep repping that low tier in RoA like I am in smash 4
mgk: lol our set! random stuff was assured when its doc vs ganon lel. i guess i should be studying all characters not jsut top tiers gg's bro.
dylba: so sly, playing the whole roster on me lmao
duon: i didnt wreck you i guess you just played a little impatient as you got more desperate, definitely cleaned up some monsters in bracket though gj

tibs out, PEACE

earla

Smash Lord
yeh, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

might make it to this miltim thing, will have to see.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Super wasn't feeling it going into it but some strong friendlies and decent tourney matches made the day worth.

Shoutout to atticus for resetting me in finals and really forcing me to adapt through out our sets.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Really nice tournament, meet new people and overall was a great day. Disappointed at the PM numbers but I'm sure this will be a one off as we always get 30 - 40 roughly every monthly.

Shout outs

Conan: This was a fun set, you have a nice Marth. Sorry about the down taunt kill to finish the set off.

Naga: This was a interesting set as both of us were playing pretty bad all round. Hope next time we're both up for a better fight.

@Tyler_ : Even though it was a 3 - 0, it felt more of a 2 - 0. Game 1 was lol as I was still out of it but game 2 and 3 were very intense. Game 3 could have gone either way if I didn't die at 0% from a weird side b SD. Next time I'll get you and prove smash 4 helps me. :4ganondorf: Congrats on getting 1st.

dreadtech dreadtech : Really fun long set we had. All 4 games were really close and could have gone either way. That Bair into wave land fTilt at the end of game 2 was brutal. Hope to vs you again soon.

Rez: Your Roy was pretty amazing especially since this was your first tourney. You got through a lot of decent players to get 4th. So massive congrats on that. Hope to see you again and very nice meeting you.

@mask1n : I think it's 5 - 0 in your favor when it comes done to our sets. This set was defiantly our best yet and I'm slowly getting there to beating your G&W. Love your G&W by the way, glad your back playing PM again and our rivalry continues. Congrats on getting 2nd.

DD_ DD_ : You have no idea how much you made me smile when you said that it felt like we were playing smash 4 during our Melee set. That is how my Ganondorf plays in melee, so it was a huge compliment for me to hear that. Overall, amazing set and would love to vs you again in melee or PM. Congrats in PM, you did amazing, keep up the Wario. Always good chatting to you.

Hyes: Always great fun vsing your falcon in melee. Great chat about listening to music while playing, music can really help a player to get pumped up. Heavy Metal Ganondorf is always blood drunk!

Samuel L Blaxxon: You have an impressive young link, Go low tiers! Fun set and great chat to you.

Rappy: Really nice to meet you, your a awesome guy and a very talented smash player. Keep up your smash and hopefully we meet again sometime or I see you on the big stage at sometime. You showed us what Germany is made of and Congrats on 7th, told you you would make top 8. :)

Shout outs to everyone I talked to, hope to see all of you guys again at the next tourney.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
So..

People can stop asking me when the ranbat is cause I'm not sure. CW is planning something bigger than a regular ranbat.

What I can say though..is that it'd probably be in the vein of a mini-major sort of thing. $15 dollar venue fee due to a more expensive location but a venue that can house everyone together.

I'm not sure on specifics and don't ask for dates cause I don't know if it's even locked in yet.

Otherwise. get your ass to S@S End of Year (smash 4 22nd November)
https://www.facebook.com/events/892628154157849/

OR to City of Melee (melee on Dec 5th).
https://www.facebook.com/events/1275531399139536/

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
GGs it was nice to meet and beat some of the s@s weirdos and to reunite with my eternal rival Dogivet
shoutouts to lizam for mario maker
i fancy myself a good losers' run but it's hard when Earl's there

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for not updating. I will update the header Tonight after work.

This month's end of year Ranbat will be Saturday 12th AT CQ hotel. We will have everyone under one roof once again.

I will be doing venue rego and melee pm roa

Ignis will be doing s4 signups but you still have to pay for venue through me and Then pay for the s4 events with ignis.

https://www.facebook.com/events/724224361015123/

There will be medals and prizes for top placers and it will be mega hype.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Apologies for not updating. I will update the header Tonight after work.

This month's end of year Ranbat will be Saturday 12th AT CQ hotel. We will have everyone under one roof once again.

I will be doing venue rego and melee pm roa

Ignis will be doing s4 signups but you still have to pay for venue through me and Then pay for the s4 events with ignis.

https://www.facebook.com/events/724224361015123/

There will be medals and prizes for top placers and it will be mega hype.
Please enjoy getting slammed at the door by all the people trying to enter :)
ps pre reg is gr8

Ignis Thoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
tasleth653
These are the rules for the December Ranking battle for smash 4

Game Settings

Mode: Stock
Stocks: 2 for singles, 3 for doubles
Stock Timer: 6 minutes (if using 2 stocks) or 8 minutes (if using 3 stocks)
Friendly Fire: On
Pause: May be set to Off at the request of any player
Customisations: Off
Handicap: Off
Launch Rate: 1.0
Items: All items set to Off, appearance rate set to None

Stage List
Starters:

● Final Destination/Omega Stages
● Battlefield/Miiverse
● Smashville
● Town & City
● Lylat Cruise
● Dreamland 64
● Duck Hunt
( Omega Stages and Miiverse are only usable round 2 onwards )

Set Procedure

1. Players select their characters. Any player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection.

2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.

3. The players play the first game of the set.

4. The winning player/team of the previous game may ban one stage from the stage list. This action overwrites any previous stage bans in this set (though a player/team may elect to ban the same stage they had done so previously). The banned stage may not be picked by the opposing player/team.

5. The losing player/team of the previous game picks a stage for the next match.

6. The winning player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.

7. The losing player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.

8. The next match is played.

Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete

Additional Rules and Clarifications

Set Length: The default set length is best of 3 games (the first player to win 2 games wins the set), and best of 5 games (the first player to win 3 games wins the set) for the final rounds of the tournament. By default the final rounds are the matches between the top 8 players (winners’ bracket starting from semfinals, losers’ bracket starting from the match preceding quarterfinals) at major events, and between the top 4 players (winners’ finals, losers’ semifinals, losers’ finals, grand finals) at other events. The tournament organiser may overwrite this default length at their own discretion.

Counterpick Stages: Note that, unlike most smash rulesets, there is no distinction in this ruleset between starter and counterpick stages. All stages on the stagelist (except Omega stages and Miiverse, see below) are considered starter, and can be struck or played on in game 1.

Omega Stages and Miiverse: All Omega Stages and Miiverse are unavailable for the first game, except by use of the Timic Clause (see below). For the purposes of stage banning and Dave’s Stupid Rule, all Omega stages are considered the same stage as Final Destination, and Miiverse is considered the same stage as Battlefield.

Double Blind Character Selection: Any player may request that a double blind selection occur for the first game of a set. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s character choices for the first game. All players are to then select their character for the first game, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.

Stage Striking: Stage striking is done in a 2-3-1 format. Players/teams play Rock-Paper-Scissors; the winning player/team chooses whether to strike first or second. The player/team striking first eliminates two stages from the list. The player/team striking second then eliminates three stages from the remaining five. Finally, the player/team striking first picks the first stage for the set from the remaining two stages.

Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player/team may not pick the stage they most recently won on during the same set, unless agreed to by the opposing player/team.

Timic Clause (Gentleman Clause): Any available stage (regardless of legality) may be picked if agreed to by all players.

Mii Fighters:

○ All Mii fighters must be made using Guest Miis only.

○ Mii fighters must not be using any equipment.

○ Any combination of custom special moves is allowed for Mii fighters.

○ Switching to a different Mii fighter (even of the same Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner variety), or editing a Mii fighter that is in use is considered a change of character. This may be done whenever it is a player’s turn in the set procedure to select their character, and only at this time. In the case of a Double Blind Character Selection, the player should be clear to the 3rd party of the intended custom special moves for their Mii fighter.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who rocked for the last ranbat of the Year

SD accrued enough points to sweep PM and melee end of year prizes while Earl sweeped enough to win s4 end of eyar prizes.

Shoutouts:
Duck - first timer with a pre good falco! hope to see you more!
THESHARPNESS - the best name I've heard in a long time. That is all
GG's to everyone I've played

Brackets:

PM: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/pmcwdec15
Smash 4 Doubles: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4dubscwdec15
Smash 4 Singles: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4cwdec15
Melee Doubles: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/mdubscwdec15
Melee Singles: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/meleecwdec15

First event of the year is MILTIM! January 2nd! get on it!

https://www.facebook.com/events/945852208833446/

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I will see about goin to Miltim 3 before Smashbox 5 at QLD plus shout outs on the way after a clod beer and a sit in the sun to recover from a loong day yesterday

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Shoutouts to Dreadtech. Running things yesterday was hella messy; but it was held together pretty well.

Open invitation to anyone who wants to help out; we could definitely use more helpers ;)

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
6am shoutouts cuz feels

Firstly to Earl for actually being a god at this game. Like **** let the rest of us have some money you know ;) Nice 24 inch you got there.
To Nick for teaming. Sad game 5 against Xett and Matt. Eventually I'll like a character that can't get gimped at 10. We played well regardless though.
Mozart. That Jab Jab Up B is gonna get me **** on for weeks. Won't stop me from using it though.
Eternal you legend. I always said that you were a top player, glad to see you getting results. Hopefully I wont die to fair next time though
PS! You ****ing piece of trash ****lord cuck ******. I hope Ness dies forever. In seriousness, top stuff on getting further than 17th, I know what thats like. Took out a few names too, good stuff.
Ign.. Oh wait, to the Smashville platform for killing me at 40. ily
Attila. lol ko punch
Dean. I feel like you should just get a specific shoutout cause you are awesome :) haha ur d3 is god defs best in the world *put me on pr*
To my boy Swithi for getting **** on by my Luigi. Eat a ****
To the people I played and all the others I hung with for the day, good to see you guys too.
Strong ranbant for the end of year, hope to see everyone just as much next year.

Shoutouts to Hydro for officially being better than Deez (citing the Deez Rule 2015)
Current F**K Boozer Club Members: 16

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutout to Googers for telling me to win. You the real MVP
Shoutout to Xett and Matt for great sets
Shoutout to Ryan
Dean. I feel like you should just get a specific shoutout cause you are awesome :) haha ur d3 is god defs best in the world *put me on pr*
Yer results kind of speak for themselves it would be hard to justify why you shouldn't be on the PR. BUT I will try my very best to do so.

Top Bottom