• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Real talk shoutout is to pudge for helping on melee day, good way to make up for last time haha

feel free to hit me up and ill cover a meal for you at the next event we both go to

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I want to leave shoutouts and maybe I will soon but I want to leave a quick shoutout to ROA. This game is sick.

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to the most professional Peach ditto ever, Fudge's Marth, and ****ing space animals. Super GGs to Hughie, Deeks, Redact, SD, Mojo, Miles, and Dread. Had fun, got frustrated, legitimately willing to pay someone for PM spacie experience... Ok, no I'm not, but it would be greatly appreciated.

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
yo shoutouttttssss

dreadtech dreadtech for helping me like always and teaching me and Ignis the true beauty of Seeding.

@Deez1 For looking after the T.O desk whilst I was out looking for people.

@Ignis Thoron for driving me to the Venue and putting up with My music in the car.

@EvenStephen and Will Smith for looking for after the recording setup for most of the day.

@thomashillish for the friendlies and a really fun Bracket Match. (Btw Vids will be uploded to Smash @ Swanston youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vgFZac2mbx0Sl9Rv-3rNQ)

@hotpockets for being a killer doubles partner and exposing me as a fraud in the Jei + Ghostbone match. Ur pretty great.

@Khoa and Majora for the awesome friendlies afterwards, it's always awesome chilling with you guys.

earla earla for taking the hundreds of "What Happened's" like a champ

Jei Jei Jei Jei and @Ghostbone for a hilarious doubles match.

Redact Redact Thanks, will definitely take you up on that offer eventually.

Swithi: For beating earl.
Shame you didn't place higher but hell son you bet earl don't get downtrodden about that.

If I forgot you then sorry, Brain is a mush after 3 Days of straight TOing and then work.

the Recording videos will be up in like a week.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey man I was wondering if u could send me that replay of jei and myself from ur Wii U cause I was wondering how I was able to escape the laser on halberd lol
SDIing through the laser is pretty easy. You can go completely through it in about half the time the laser is shooting.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sunday was fun, this two day split is actually working pretty nicely.
Shoutouts first to Extra, congrats man you played so well and deserve 1st place. You smashed through loser's bracket and destroyed me in GFs. I hope to see you win monthlies from now on.

Mozart, I was hoping the Luigi nerf worked in my favour and evidently it did. Still 3rd place with downgraded Luigi is awesome. As always, GGs.
Eternal, don't think I ever met you before. Nice job with placing and beating some top level players. Your bracket wasn't easy...Xettman, Ghost, Dean, me then Boozer. Good stuff.

Swithi, most tense match of the day for me haha. I'm never confident playing you and I don't think anyone in Melbourne should be.
Bijou, sorry man the MU is so bad for B.Jr.

Ghost, nice teaming we took care of business. I don't need to shoutout to you lol you are at my house.

Guys I didn't play, thanks for making the day enjoyable.

RoA, I'll be seeing you again soon.

TOs, good job guys the tourney ran nicely.

tibs7

Smash Champion
shoutouts to ghost for coming down, good guy and good player.
first time ive played diddy in about 2 months was against that sheik of yours haha. would like to play you again but never again with doc vs sheik. shiz was disgusting :(

oh and to dean for making me confuse myself whilst recovering, next level mindgames

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys November Ranbat is locked in. These are separated by one week so everyone gets some recharge time. Both days will be on Sunday due to availability limitations.
November 8th - smash 4 + rivals of aether

November 15th- melee + pm + fgc

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
aww sunday again I thought it would be on saturday this time :( Welp it took me a bit to convince my fam to let me go to last sundays one but I will see about doing it again :/ I thought I heared that the next one was all gonna be on sat?

S.D

Smash Master
Under the existing alternating days schematic S.D is already available for exactly 4-6 tournaments, per annum.
Factor in unavailable Saturdays.
RIP

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Under the existing alternating days schematic S.D is already available for exactly 4-6 tournaments, per annum.
Factor in unavailable Saturdays.
RIP
Trying my best SD I know saturdays are best for you. Just so happens 0 saturdays are available for november.

I don't know if cw wants to alternate still and we need to discuss it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
saturday high stakes house tournaments coming up soon to save s.d's pocket

or maybe billy can come and poop on us again

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I guess I am not going to this one since it's on sunday.....again :( besides I think a good old break and some time to practice would be good tbh have fun guys :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
When's the next Wii U tournament for this?
Hey guys November Ranbat is locked in. These are separated by one week so everyone gets some recharge time. Both days will be on Sunday due to availability limitations.
November 8th - smash 4 + rivals of aether
Edit: It's also like, in the title of the thread lol

Last edited:

WiserThanYou

Smash Cadet
If you wanna get some practice in early, you can come to smash @ Swanston. We host tournaments and friendlies every friday at 4pm in the Melbourne CBD
/endshamelesspromotion
Ahh okay. Thanks. I live about three hours away from Melbourne so I'll se how I'll go.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
People that want their melee fix early, please come down to

Tires don exits this Saturday (november 7th) at Alchemist Refuge to play a 3 char iron man tournament (very fun format)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1017793821597915/

Also

Event for Smash 4 + ROA day is up (November 8th)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/

Melee + PM will be on November 15th

Also a heads up to all Melee + PM players. Due to scheduling, we have decided to move PM to the earlier slot of 11am. This is to facilitate a smoother transition from pools to bracket for Melee and to give us an easier time of console switching and being able to better fill unused time or better facilitate situations where we need to make up for lost time. This means that Melee doubles will be slightly later.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
This may be a stupid question, but do you have to be a certain age to participate in the tournament? ._.
events that are held at alchemists refuge are 18+ due to liquor licensing or something really lame like that
but the couch warrior's monthlies and s@s events have people of all ages
i saw a kid that mustve been like 7 once it was really hectic i had to reconsider a lot about myself

WiserThanYou

Smash Cadet
events that are held at alchemists refuge are 18+ due to liquor licensing or something really lame like that
but the couch warrior's monthlies and s@s events have people of all ages
i saw a kid that mustve been like 7 once it was really hectic i had to reconsider a lot about myself
Ah okay thanks. I'm 16 and hope to attend Couch Warriors on Sunday. I just hope I can go since I live like three hours away from Melbourne lol.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for coming to Smash 4 and ROA day.

We had the setups and the entrants (fewer due to exams I assume) to run pools.

Brackets:

Smash 4 Singles

Pools results: 16 pools of 5 people. Top 2 advance

november pools results.png

Bracket:
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/S4cwnov15

Amateur Bracket

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/CWNOVRANABT2015

Smash 4 Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4dubsnov15

Rivals of Aether
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/roacwnov15

Also. Want to ask people how they feel about 3 stock?

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
Yeh... shoutouts.

tibs and attila: good to see you guys. keep coming.

jack and dread: thanks for running the tournament. pools were so fun. so pumped to play pools again.

deez: thanks for getting all deep and meaningful on us. please keep analysing how i interact with people as i find it particularly flattering. thanks D-GOD. man u shud start a podcast or something. sip some wine and have some smooth jazz in the background whilst discussing smash personalities. gold mine bro.

duon dominating is cool. loved the mac classic.. side b off the edge like the baddest boy. don't worry i've done that before at some bar after midnight. ***** expensive taxi home too. sad ****.

jei: yeh i *** up yoshis

XETT/MATT2: you guys are making progress. keep it up.

Wolfgang mozart: excellent play in winners. super impressed. :)

charmaineizzle: will talk more next time. i was in my head working out how to do stufffffff.

Maybe one day if i practice 23 hours a day i'll be good enough to be a ELO god.

Til then.

E

Top Bottom