• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Danza

Smash Apprentice
You know, i just recently started playing Melee, and oh man did i have fun, great memories... now to the point...
I'll be making my Melee debut at The Ultimate Smasher tourny October 10th !!! Yeah that's right.
I'm not sure who my main is yet, but to those that play with Mario, Yoshi, Falcon and GnW, i expect some help ! :D
Currently i'm getting my a** wooped to CPU Lv 9's (particularly Fox) LOL. Probably gonna focus more on Melee than PM now.
I actually used to play Melee heaps like 10 years ago, and i only had 1 main which was Yoshi (same as SSB 64).
Quick question already, is it better to use C-STICK or A in air to perform aerial moves ? My short hop game is somewhat bad now but i'm sure i'll fix it. Oh btw Falco is probably a possibility.

Song_

Smash Cadet
You know, i just recently started playing Melee, and oh man did i have fun, great memories... now to the point...
I'll be making my Melee debut at The Ultimate Smasher tourny October 10th !!! Yeah that's right.
I'm not sure who my main is yet, but to those that play with Mario, Yoshi, Falcon and GnW, i expect some help ! :D
Currently i'm getting my a** wooped to CPU Lv 9's (particularly Fox) LOL. Probably gonna focus more on Melee than PM now.
I actually used to play Melee heaps like 10 years ago, and i only had 1 main which was Yoshi (same as SSB 64).
Quick question already, is it better to use C-STICK or A in air to perform aerial moves ? My short hop game is somewhat bad now but i'm sure i'll fix it. Oh btw Falco is probably a possibility.
The worst practice you can do is against lv 9 cpu's play against level 3-4 to practice combos

drop some characters, when you're starting up stick to 1 or 2 characters

c-stick vs control stick and a is totally personal preference

good luck mate, have fun :)

if you have further questions join the discord group people there are smart

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
It looks likely that a Sydney crew will be roadtripping to this tournament, arriving late Friday evening (probably around midnight or a bit before). Is there any chance that some of you lovely Melbourne crew could house 5 Sydney players for three nights? (We can split up if that makes things easier)

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
It looks likely that a Sydney crew will be roadtripping to this tournament, arriving late Friday evening (probably around midnight or a bit before). Is there any chance that some of you lovely Melbourne crew could house 5 Sydney players for three nights? (We can split up if that makes things easier)
Will defs house you if you can't find an S4 buddy Chris.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm also gonna be attending this and may need a place to stay on Friday night, preferably somewhere that has other smashers staying and is near transit.

plan b is I go to Billy's place but it's hella far from where I'm at in the city

also looking for hella money matches, willing to play almost any character (esp. DK)

and a team mate for Melee

-Mojo Monkey

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Pm a list of names/number off people and I'll see if I can't rustle up some people from S@S to host you guys.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'm from the Brawl days (hence the picture of Pit that was used during Brawl release). I've been to Melbourne a few times so I know a bunch of the older crew there, but unfortunately couldn't make BAM because it was the weekend before my honours thesis was due. I believe we briefly met at T&S, but it was a pretty hectic weekend and there were a lot of new faces.

As I said, the plan is for us to arrive late Friday night, so hopefully there will be plenty of time for us to hang out with the Melbourne crew and meet all the new faces =)

Wait a minute, somehow I missed this:

Tbh Deez and Invisi seem like a perfect match
What's that supposed to mean? XD

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Atyeo, I'm going to ask you this because I've always wondered whats up. So, the question is, what is your Beef with Attila? Like seriously, he may seem like a complete jerk sometimes but like, that's because his attitude is one where he wants to win, so it understandable, but he is actually a pretty cool guy to talk to.

( please don't jv3 me Attila )
Luke is just a bully

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Just dropping some mad hints, next smash lab is 7/11. Slurp it up.
This is the legit tournament not just a Friday night. 8 guaranteed set ups for melee good times

Last edited:

Tempest

Smash Cadet
Just curious for the monthly. Last monthly we didn't do pools because we didn't have enough set ups.
How many set ups would you want minimum to actually do pools?
Now lets get the most important thing out of the way.

We all have a chance to do Pools! This means new kids won't have to have a bad experience going 0-2 and not being able to play anymore. However, I must impress upon everyone that if we don't see enough setups on the day we will not run pools.

How many setups do we need?

If we take the numbers of the last ranbat of 120 people. We need 30-32 setups

100 entrants = 25 setups

80 entrants = 20 setups

If we don't see the proper setups according to the entrants list...We simple revert to double elimination. So this one is completely on the community. We now have space and we now have the flexibility to run a concentrated schedule. Want an experience that guarantees you at least 5 matches and maybe even an amateur bracket (or quads)? Bring ya setups scrublets!
Last monthly there was 101 entrants for smash 4 for singles (according to the bracket that was put on challonge), and from memory there was about 20 setups.

As dreadtech said in his post, it depends on how many people turn up on the day which will determine how many setups is actually needed to run pools.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Can probably expect a slightly decreased turn out this month; a lot of people have assignments/exams at this time of year.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah, the Sydney players can't attend anymore due to exams aswell. Also there's a convention on this same weekend. We'll see what the day brings but it'll most likely be double elimination bracket at this point.

Splice

Smash Hero
My exams have already started and im still going nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

then again I really really really like Melee
and Mojo Monkey :jigglypuffmelee::dkmelee:

ok look just make sure you all enter RoA on Sunday and give ur $$$ to dreadtech

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
EXTRA you champ :)

good on you bro. i been telling people uve been one of the few people making real progress. pleased to hear to got your first monthly win.

E

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Good weekend guys

Special shoutouts to everyone that helped out on the weekend, especially the s4 guys for letting me sleep in a little.

Brackets:

Melee Singles Entrants: 69
Pools results:
smash pools.png

Top 32 Bracket
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/meleecwoct15

Melee Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/mdubscwoct15

Project M Singles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/pmcwoct15

Smash 4 Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/CWOCT15S4

Smash 4 Singles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/SMASH4OCT18

Rivals of Aether
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/roacwoct15

Last edited:

extrasensory

Smash Cadet
shout outs to losing to deez in rivals of aether.

i wanted to write something actually serious here but i guess i am bad at shout outs so thanks to everyone i played / hung out with and stuff

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
shout outs to losing to deez in rivals of aether.
3-2, looks like it was a hype set!

gw on pools result reconstruction Dread :)
shoutouts to x5.(EMO)MM | Redact, destroyer of Excel/Google Docs

gg's to everyone I played, hope you had fun, melee is fun
fun sets that ran me close from Timic and Azri.
Always so much fun to play you @Timic83 , wish we could hang out more some time soon??

Huge shoutouts to Cody, Forte, PCG and Macky for pulling off some great wins. Good work guys!
Cody especially has tuned up that Samus, and has some swag now - as we saw in crews the other month.

Edit and Haydze lookin' really good as well.
Tight punish game as Marth from Haydze but gotta work on being quicker to change up that neutral game when your opponent starts calling out the same options.

Fess dunno how you didn't make it outta pools ;__;
We'll play heaps after exams and you'll naturally get really good tho

Congrats to Jamwa for finally winning a PM tournament; with strong competition no less!
something something rhymes with less

Thanks to entire Melb Uni crew for being cool guys
'specially Atticus, glad to see you made something out of the lack of teammate with a nice sleep-in, and cheers for the support in Losers Finals :)

Aww yiss, what a fun two days of smash bros Metà Metà !!
It was fun hustlin' doubles and singles with you.
and the DK Challenge was ****ing excellent
great times being nerdy about Melee AND Primus, and getting to play against a good Jiggs <3
see ya 'round :')

and ofc, In Dreadtech We Trust, thankyou for everying, Amen.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Shoutouts to Victoria

Jezmo, JLo and myself have never been so enthralled watching a challonge bracket on a Sunday afternoon before.

S.D

Smash Master
Fun times.
Played worse than normal, had exponentially more fun than normal.
Good trade off.
Sorry to mojo for being less than stone cold sober for our first ever set.

Last edited:

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Cheeky mid work shoutout sesh
Firstly, to ktan. Strong play my dude. I played like arse, hopefully next time I can give you a more challenging set. Everyone else I played, especially Lucien. You probably should have had that set. SD's happen my man, youre getting back into form tho.

ViVa.... I was suppose to roll behind you, what an F smash that was tho.

Jei and Ghost, we had a killer set. Top stuff in dubs and thanks for the practice.

Leisha for assuming I won all my games, too bad Im **** tho #top6vic

Earl for getting the same placing as me, and reminding me that bad days happen, so I dont feel as ****. Dont worry, that asshole gimps my **** all the time as well. Kinda hard when every Sonic aerial beats Up B.

Despite having a rather ****ty day, friendlies were fun; Ryan, Rory & Deez. Those falcon free for alls cheered my up. Thanks fam.

EvenStephen, its always good to see you my man. Makes me frauding out feel less ****ty.

To Ignis for the filthiest disrespect Ive ever seen on Ghost. That up taunt just tears peoples hearts out.

And lastly to Extra/Nick/Exgina/MishCity. I knew you had it today man. That set with Jei was top stuff, and we did great dubs. I can atleast say Ive walked away with the most money Ive ever won at Couchwarriors. 14$ never felt so freeee.

Current **** Boozer Club Members: 8

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yo Melbourne's pretty cool as always, doubles was super hype, as well as all the crazy upsets that happened in singles.
~ggs everyone.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Fun Tourney on Saturday, sad about not making it on Sunday, would of loved to show everyone what Ganondorf in smash 4 is about.

Shoutouts:

Melee

Splice Splice : Fun set even though I got double 4 stocked, so much style! was amazing to watch. I may need some help in the falco MU with Ganondorf, no idea what I'm doing in that one. :p

@Hughie : Another fun set and your Falco is amazing, Glad this set was 2 - 1, as Falco is pain in the ass. Game 1 though was brutal though, your first 2 stocks was just stomps, 0 - death. Great adapting in games 2 and 3, was impressive.

@Tomo009 : So this is what a set looks like when 2 players don't play / practice Melee. :p Overall, I enjoyed this set, had a bit of everything in it. 1 tip though, Yoshi Story is amazing stage for Ganondorf because he kills at 50% on that stage.

@Azri : Your Marth was amazing. really great punish game. I was making some poor decision in some situations but I learnt from them, so hopefully next time I'll be more of a challenge.

Got 5th again in my pool, hopefully next time I can make it out of pools with my smash 4 like Ganondorf. :4ganondorf:

Project M

Hydropimp: Sorry for the Down Taunt sword kill. Hope to vs again.

Naga: Game 1 was so messed up with that bugged out Ganondorf flame choke. Good set, I hope everything is ok and was good to see you making jokes about what happened but please get it checked. :)

Mojo Monkey: Was amazing to vs you, chat about PM and giving some advice to help me improve. Your an amazing player and a really nice guy. Loved your G&W and Wolf, they were scary. Game 2 was lol. Hope to vs and talk to you again.

@Tomo009 : Versed twice in 1 day, lucky us. This was a really intense match for me as I know Lucario can destroy Ganondorf with 1 hit so I was extra focused on neutral game and spacing. Keep up your Lucario, always fun to fight against.

@mask1n : Been a while since we have versed in bracket and this set was really fun. Your G&W is a force and congrats on 4th, really solid performance. Hopefully next time we verse I'll take the win, learning the MU slowly and I love a great challenge.

Other Shoutouts:

@Fudge9 : For the friendlies in Melee and PM. That moment where I approached you with my shield, you had a great laugh from that and the comment about my play style. Meant a lot to me that you complimented my spacing in PM as that gets me the most excited.

@Tyler_ : Don't stress too much about the space animals and they're MU against Snake. Just remember what you said, you want to be the best snake, so to do that, you need to learn the MU's that ain't in his favor to do so. Trust me, no MU is too hard to learn in PM, just need to push yourself to the limit.

@Atticus : Really nice to talk to you again and I wish you all the best. :)

DD: For the chats before the tourney started, was nice to talk about general stuff outside of smash.

To everyone I talked too and see all you guys again at the next tourney. :4ganondorf:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
To Ignis for the filthiest disrespect Ive ever seen on Ghost. That up taunt just tears peoples hearts out.

oi that cheeky ignis, taking advantage of drunk people taking all their money and stepping on my fox bros toes.
I'm coming for you ignis!

Last edited:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Besdies having a ****ty day myself for smash 4 I shall do some shoutouts

Shoutouts to Lizam,Drak and Majora for the friendlies

Even Stephen for the friendlies and seeing you man

Pudge for taking me out on something I didnt know lol the salt was real after that

Jei thanks for friendlies man good ditto's as always

Dylba sorry for a disgusting set I kind of lost motivation after losing in my first round I shall do much better next time I hope

Ghost nice to meet you for the first time it was cool getting destroyed by you when I did have friendlies with you. Guess u really do know your Yoshi match up after all those matches with Nikes

If I forgot anyone I am sorry but good seeing you guys I just cant be bothered with shout outs this time but just thought I might give a couple. Friendlies did make the day easier to cope with but also the trains were assholes lol other than that congrats on Extra's win :)

- Baron:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Great tournament. GG's to everyone I played and congrats to Extra for winning. Also, are the recorded smash 4 matches uploaded somewhere?
hey man I was wondering if u could send me that replay of jei and myself from ur Wii U cause I was wondering how I was able to escape the laser on halberd lol

Top Bottom