• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
OK shout outs time :D

Bijou- great commentating with you besides the audio being out of sync like crazy when it came to the commentators cam lol other than that it was good to see you bad luck in the singles bracket tho it was absolute murder.
P.S ****ing Bijou!!! XD

Leisha- Nice R.O.B **** and it was good having friendlies with you and screwing around :D

Ignis- thanks for the lift home and I hope u I can have another good car trip with you again next month cause the chat there and back was amazing

Astra- Always good to see you as usual and certainly a good chat in the car home with ignis it was a lot of fun and intelligent conversation on the way home :)

Extra- Congrats on second man u certainly destroyed me haha hope to be more in rhythm by the time I get to you again haha

Deez- well..............congrats on third lol hope to see better placing from you

Rhyno- Sorry I didn't speak much besides when working with the stream but it was good to see you back playing the game

Jei- Thanks for the ditto friendlies I always look forward to that whenever I play you I unfortunately couldn't put up a fight against you really due to being absolutely buggered by the end of it all but other than that I hope to vs next month earlier in the day when I am on point. :4yoshi:

Googers- Good to see you after all the post of **** talking lol always good to see you and your commission will hopefully done asap :D

Boozer- <3 good job on gimping Duon XD

Pudge- Good chat at the venue while packing up and next time u get Turkish delights send em my way :p

Darwin- good to see u are certainly improving your Kirby is PINGAS

Bryce- Good chat outside man it's good to see ya back at the tournies and congrats on beating Atilla and Tibs with Tempest

Tempest- Bad luck on singles bracket but good job with Bryce man in Doubles

Eternal- You had me by the ropes of course but you will certainly improve over time but still you did a good job to get where you are :D hope all is better next time

Dogivet- Good brief commentaries with you man I hope to do full on commentary for dubs from now on TBH but still u certainly had your knowledge to commentate well either way while Bijou was gone.

Viva- good games of catch with Leisha's R.O.B plush XD and good seeing you again

AzurahSarah- fine Games of ROA or whatever it was called those were certainly fun and its good chatting to you and having a laugh as always :D and now at least I know u are close by to have friendlies :D

Dreadtech- good convos about other states n **** good chatting haha

Atilla- That replay of you against Falcon tho and at least I know that castle seige wont be a thing anymore after seeing the video proof of why haha

And for everyone else good seing you guys hope we have another good tournament in the next monthly!

:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:
- Baron

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Do people realise why this isn't how PR's work?

BTW did we want to make a conglomerate S4 PR thread like for melee/brawl?
Because if you do, the NSW thread is secretly already set up to do just that :p (smashboards modhax)

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Do people realise why this isn't how PR's work?

BTW did we want to make a conglomerate S4 PR thread like for melee/brawl?
Because if you do, the NSW thread is secretly already set up to do just that :p (smashboards modhax)
Yes please

AIU_PooP

The Official PooPer
Shoutouts to the multitude of good players that didn't come today, you made me able to make it out of pools.

And finally shoutouts to Dreadtech for making me dread playing him

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Hey Dreadtech did you bring my laptop's charger to the venue today? And if you did, did you happen to pick it up?

Shoutouts when I'm not half dead.

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
I wanted to make a post about Melee day today.
It was my fault that the doors were not open until very late for today's CW.
I was meant to come open the Hall. I have let many people down and am deeply sorry.
For those of you who were looking forward to doubles I am incredibly sorry, and to the rest of the Couch Warriors Staff, especially dread, I am deeply deeply sorry.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Macky for coming 2nd in PM
Know you worked really hard for it, all your hard work starting to really pay off, it's good to see!

Congrats to Tyler for Melee placement, I heard you really leveled up so that's really impressive. Guess you knew PM would be free this time around and have been practicing Melee for this month, right? Good stuff tho

Also shoutouts and congrats to my boy Mozart
good results this time well done man!

Deez shall now be referred to as "D-God"
Please make sure to learn this convention and apply it immediately
Your sins will not be tolerated #OnlyDeezCanJudge

Let me know when you have shtuff ready.
what do you mean by this? why not just take OP from the VIC PR thread that is up

ps. Is Melee doubles not a thing any more? Where is the bracket?

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Shoutouts to Deez for beating me then being cool about it.......for about 10 seconds, then running around and 'whooping' like a dang fool.
Shoutouts to everyone I played: Rhyno for being a homie, scary Roy.
Attila for a satisfactory set, unfortunate mistakes made at the very end.
Khoa for securing top 5 in doubles even though we haven't been performing well.
Mozart for being another reason why I complain about the Mario Bros. matchups.

The dinner crew: Boozer, Leisha, V, Bijou, Rhyno, Kira, Khoa, Viva, Sonthor & Sox. Best ending to a tournament I've had in a long time. Thanks heaps V.

TO's for running this thing on time even though you all were playing Rivals of Aether the whole day.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
ps. Is Melee doubles not a thing any more? Where is the bracket?
Doubles was canceled as they couldn't get into the venue:
I wanted to make a post about Melee day today.
It was my fault that the doors were not open until very late for today's CW.
I was meant to come open the Hall. I have let many people down and am deeply sorry.
For those of you who were looking forward to doubles I am incredibly sorry, and to the rest of the Couch Warriors Staff, especially dread, I am deeply deeply sorry.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Thanks for another awesome tournament guys =). I was pretty happy with all of my results since I felt bah about the game recently. Good games to everyone I played that day, just wish I could be more patient playing smash I guess. Too much Yolo running in strats.

Highlight of the tournament was probably Astra's pop off when he took Viva's last stock. Guess we have some work to do :p Mario is a bully in general though :< Ignis pls.

Restaurant crew was amazing, thanks for the good time :3.

Thanks Kira for visiting Melbourne again, hopefully ill have more time to hang out properly next time ^ ^;

Might do a few short shoutouts soon.

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Really disappointed about not being able to play doubles yesterday, would've been more exciting than my PM singles bracket tbh

Tyler_ Tyler_ is a legend, don't think I need to say anything more :snake::peachmelee:

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to the usuals, you know who you are. Especially Naga for finally getting that top 8 placing. Not gonna be as easy next month, but you better keep it up anyway.

Extra shoutouts to Macky for PM GFs, Redx for pools and Qx for leaving early. Also to Azri, Forte and Cody, GGs to all. Gonna try to keep this all up in the coming months too, and hopefully go further in both games :)

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Shoutouts

Ignis and Asstrash
You guys destroyed doubles, took out all the big names (Bar Nicks and Earl) and came first. (Cheers for the maccas)

Deez
good placing you fraud. Lets see some consistency next month

Dread
For kicking my arse in RoA

Extra

ridiculously good placing, taking out some of the top names.

The Entire Melee Community
For not murdering me for ****ing up doubles. (Seriously I'm incredibly sorry about it)

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney this weekend, sad that Sunday started very late and that I got sick during PM but things happen and their is always next monthly.

Shout outs:

Tyler_ Tyler_ : Congrats on 1st place in PM, I would have taken you more serious in friendlies but my body was crashing and I wanted to take it easy. Nice try with baiting me though but you know I'm proud of my Ganondorf and I have no doubts about him being the best Ganondorf he can be, his my man. :ganondorfmelee: Next tourney I'll bring it and beat your snake.... haha, well, try my best as long as I don't get under the weather again.

@Timic83 : Even though we finished our set early at 1 - 1, it was a good set and could have gone either way but I was just out of it and just couldn't go on. Thanks for being understanding and caring for my well being too.

dreadtech dreadtech and @PrettyCoolGuy : For being great TO's and running everything the best you guys could with the start you guys had. Keep up the amazing work.

Naga: For looking after me when I was under the weather, I really appreciate it. Congrats on top 8 as well.

Villyness Villyness : For the free drink and being awesome in general.

@xettman : For an amazing set in smash 4, your link is the best I've vsed and sooooo glad I took 1 game off of him. 2 Tourney's ago I had a big hatred for that MU but since I have taken the game more serious, I have grown to play it how it needs to be played .... as a slow as hell match. :p Good 3rd game as falcon, just a shame it came down to a tech error.

Leisha Leisha : This was a fun set and a learning experience for me. Not many robs out their to train against and yours was really solid. Overall, you played the MU well and I have already started to study the MU.

mask1n mask1n : For a fun set in melee, I'm glad that you think I have gotten better at melee. :) I actually just played it as if it was smash 4 and if that helps / looks like I have improved, then I'll keep doing that then. Also, keep up the amazing G&W in PM. :gw:

DD_ DD_ : For your kind words and even offering me to pop over to your place. Really appreciate it.

@Deez1 : Congrats on 3rd place in smash 4. Keep up the good work. :4lucario:

Shouts outs to everyone I talked too and am sorry to anyone I missed.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Time for my usual late shout outs (what? I type it when I feel like it):

Starting with both Baron and Bijou, was really fun to help out with the stream (though I didn't do anything technically) and to commentate a set in doubles for the time it was up. Hadn't done anything like it before, felt great especially with Baron hyping everything up during that set.
Doing all that instead of playing friendlies did kinda ruin me because......

Revax, next time will be a more challenging fight, I'll be a bit more prepared and make less mistakes with my inputs. Still was fun though even if performance was sloppy.

Astra, match ups are match ups sometimes, however they were really fun and even games. It was nice talking to you about match ups and trying out other characters even after the set.

A big sorry (kinda not sorry) to Lizam for the double sour-spot shuttle loop killing stupidly early that game. Was a really close first game though, put up a good fight though.

Rhyno for that very close set, came down the wire in that last game but the momentum was polarized so much those first two games it was incredible how close the third was.

Jax for another very close game, more so after those friendlies we had. Your movement with Fox is really nice when it all links to together. Lot of scares and showed me what up tilt is capable of against Meta Knight (even in the air).

Of course it's always great to see and talk to everyone again there, always have a blast while I'm there.
Hopefully next time I'll be a bit more prepared controller-usage wise (by playing doubles :p).

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ok so midnight arrival at home gave me 4 hours of sleep before I had a 9 hour shift, that was murderous but I'm here now to post my thoughts.

I personally believe that until we find a venue this is the best option we have in splitting days. I didn't have to micro manage 5 events with 100 entrants in 2 of them and I could breathe actual air.

Shoutouts to the smash 4 TO team, I think I may need to talk to you all individually on TO performance. Msg me if I have not contacted you.

Shoutouts especially to @PrettyCoolGuy you done f'ed up cause you're my TO seeding partner in crime now. Get ready. Nah jk but thanks for the help and I would appreciate it next time if u had the time to spare.

Pudge, don't worry about it, all good in the hood. Just money match me in ROA and I'll forgive you.

On the subject of Rivals of Aether I will be contacting various people so that I can get some setups and possibly start a side event on Smash 4 day. These will probably be first come first serve with a cap (no saving spots you gotta pay the entry for your spot) if we do not have enough setups.

I don't really have anything else to say. I have a new full time job now so I have less (read: no) time to practice. I will try to keep this Head TO thing up as much as I can....mainly cause Joey can't do it and I can't let him down.

Good news and bad news.

October Ranbat is booked with special guest Mojomonkey from NZ (actually Canadian...I think)

Melee + PM day: Saturday October 17th

Smash 4 and Rivals of Aether side tournament: Sunday October 18th

BAD NEWS

Due to booking conflicts and availability, November Ranking battle ill be only one day (I think it'd going to be on a Sunday). There's nothing we can do. Everyone get your gas masks.

Dreadtech out

EDIT: I can't fit it in the title but Hobs is hosting a melee+PM tournament on October 10th in Footscray. If you need another fix please support him.

https://www.facebook.com/events/444746335713758/

Last edited:

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Okay proper shoutouts time~

AzuraSarah - cheers for the hard work you did TO'ing. Didn't actually believe that we finished early enough to invite everyone to dinner lol.
Sorry about the Xbox controller. ><

Viva - thanks for putting up with me in general and my constant shouting of car stickers.

Leisha - ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT~ <3

Deez - congrats on 3rd.

Mozart - was cool seeing you at the monthly. :D

Astra - congrats on 1st place~! :rosalina:

Kira - had the biggest blast hanging out with you~! <3
Don't sweat about doubles. 3rd isn't anything to scoff at. Besides, I'm happy we got that SWIRLING TREE OF DESTRUCTION MUHAHAHAHHAHA *pop*
I hope you enjoyed the monthly despite how tired you were. Looking forward to seeing you again~ :p

Mar - I need to catch up with you sometime ><

Googers - every time I hear someone go 'Hey it's Googers' I'm in the middle of a match. I swear to god if I miss you again I will forfeit a stock just to say hi to you cause I have yet to do so lol.

MGK - Enjoy the drink~

Dreadtech - ty for teaching me stuff about Smash and Maypul. :D

Earl - always nice seeing you and chatting. I enjoyed our set very much. :)

Dinner Crew - Hope you enjoyed the dinner! ^^

With shoutouts done...

I will not be attending the October monthly due to exams. :(

Top Bottom