• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Okay guys! We are doing a lil' somethin' somethin' as an additional event for Smash 4 day, known as the Random Event.

The Random Event is something that, should it recieve good reception, will happen every monthly. The Random Event will change every single month and it involves using a jank ruleset targeted towards going on an adventure through the fun and weird possibilities Smash holds. By no means this will be a serious event (Duh), just a little something so that people can unwind to at the end of the day.

Entering it will be free, with the winner(s) getting their venue fee back. All Random Events additionally are going to be single-elimination. Short and sweet.

Assuming Pools happen, signups for The Random Event will open only when all the pools are finished and will close half an hour after that. Those who make it out of pools into the Top 32 Singles bracket will NOT be allowed to enter the random event, since we do not want the Top 32 Singles being held up at all by this.

If Pools do not happen, Random Event signups will happen at 7pm, with the bracket starting at 7:30pm.

With the important stuff out of the way, we will kick off this month's Random Event with:

Stamina 2v2 All Items set to High
Stamina set to 150hp
Team Attack set to ON
Stagelist is the same as normal
Time is the same as normal (Good luck timing someone out in Stamina regardless ((Please don't take that as a challenge)))
Bo5 Semis and Finals
Bo3 everything else

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Even if it does no damage...

NO GUST BELLOWS PLEASE

**** that stupid item ruins the fun (more than randomly exploding crates, but that's more annoying at high %)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Even if it does no damage...

NO GUST BELLOWS PLEASE

**** that stupid item ruins the fun (more than randomly exploding crates, but that's more annoying at high %)
Stamina means percents don't matter; knockback doesn't change things.

Also, gust bellows loses to rolling.

Also, the scarab can be hit back towards the user.

#getonmylevel #preparingforthisforyears

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Stamina means percents don't matter; knockback doesn't change things.
Yeah that was half-derp moment, I was kinda referencing all my experiences in the single player mode:
Get CPUs to high percentage for max points, keep bouncing them around the map, go for the kill, SUDDENLY BOX SPAWNS INFRONT, explodes from attacking it, lose half my points from losing a stock. Fun times...

Also, gust bellows loses to rolling.
Bull, you can back step really far with Gust Bellows while shooting it, fairly sure you can cover all ground options, it's still the most unfun item ever introduced (bumper master race)

Also, the scarab can be hit back towards the user.
Also mash-able, so non-issue.

If in the mood also, I'm kinda tempted to bring my stupid mode from Brawl:
  • Square custom stage with small inlet in a corner
  • Ramp on top leading to the hole and ramps in the room on the bottom leading to the middle.
  • Soccer balls on high
  • Coin mode

ShadowRhyno

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowRhyno
Hello friends, I am need of a partner for Smash 4 Doubles this weekend since my partner is sick. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
All this talk of doubles and I kinda feel like going all in this month... haven't done it in ages, might be fun.

Offer the next hour: Any last minute doubles partner before I go to sleep and choose to have a chance to sleep in?

----
Hasn't been an hour... but sleep in it is! (excellent)

Last edited:

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
All this talk of doubles and I kinda feel like going all in this month... haven't done it in ages, might be fun.

Offer the next hour: Any last minute doubles partner before I go to sleep and choose to have a chance to sleep in?

----
Hasn't been an hour... but sleep in it is! (excellent)
My partner dropped out, I'll take you up on it.
Lel just saw the edit. Dogipudge dream is dead

Last edited:

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
games bad anyway lets all jump ship to rivals of aether :^}

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
:4luigi::4luigi::4luigi::rosalina::rosalina::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik:
will fix everything Attila, trust. let deez exhaust himself against the sheiks and let the grander matured green and astro cheese clean up afterwards.

There is very likely a patch in a few days though. Who knows what could happen.

Last edited:

ShadowRhyno

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowRhyno
Shoutouts to last minute team creation with Mozart for 2nd place, good job dude in singles and doubles.

Also shoutouts to after smash dinner crew, was good fun!

Dogivet: for close games and hitting me with unavoidable fsmashs and juggling me for years. Good stuff keep it up :) I wont let you off so easily next time :p Jk you outplayed me this time, i gotta improve more.

Jei: Good close games pls no body falcon he just wants to be friends.

Attila: for trolling me and saying he cant punish characters holding the edge and does it like 30 seconds later, friendlies were good fun and enjoyable tho.

Everyone else: was nice to see you all hopefully i will do better next time :D

ViVa

Smash Ace
one of the highlights of the day for me was seeing astra so happy for winning doubles against leish and I. I could tell you guys worked hard on your gameplan so good job. :kirby:

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Shoutouts to Boozer for gimping me at 30.
Myself and Xettman are officially starting up a '**** boozer' club, so prepare for that aye
Earl for winning, Extra for teaming and Ignis for that top kek seeding.

cuck

Top Bottom