• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
hey guys it's come to our attention that some people thought they were hilarious and wrote messages on the white boards or post it messages at the monthly venue.

I'm not gonna go into detail with what was written but for those of you that left less than friendlier messages or messages that you thought were hilarious just know that the venue owners did not approve.

Here is the response from CW to everyone:

"Note about behaviour in venues where we host events - please respect our venues. They treat us well and allow us to have fun.
The Hall reported a few members have left what people must have thought were amusing messages by writing notes to the hall owners on pieces of paper or on the whiteboard at the venue.
This is not appreciated and if CW staff notice this behaviour you will be warned and action such as ejection from venue or penalisation in the tournament may occur. We take it seriously as venues may decide not to allow future events.
Take responsibility and be mature, so we can all continue to have a good time, and don't let your friends damage our hosts' property or misbehave.
Thanks everyone"

DON'T LEAVE MESSAGES! We aren't 12 anymore. Couch warriors may be taking a lax approach towards this but if I catch you doing this I'm ejecting you from the venue, no warning given. Straight up. Don't be a nuisance.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
While I'm a week late to this, I've been busy with work and things so now I finally have a chance to post...

Cheers for another great monthly, was a lot of fun and as always, was great to talk to everyone again as well as meet/reintroduce to those from QLD smash.

Though hazy at this point, I'd think I should give a shout out to the TO's because it felt like with the enforced structure of rounds it went a lot smoother than normal, especially for such a large number of people.

Baron, GG's on those hilariously wonky hit box friendlies, I think the replay is still saved on Deez's Wii U.
Eternal for kicking my ass with sheik. I guess Shaya was right, maybe we do need a few more Sheiks for practice...
And to the NSW'ers, it was nice to meet you all though didn't talk that much, but more so to Kira for that very 'by the hair' set. GG

See you guys next month...

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
While I'm a week late to this, I've been busy with work and things so now I finally have a chance to post...

Cheers for another great monthly, was a lot of fun and as always, was great to talk to everyone again as well as meet/reintroduce to those from QLD smash.

Though hazy at this point, I'd think I should give a shout out to the TO's because it felt like with the enforced structure of rounds it went a lot smoother than normal, especially for such a large number of people.

Baron, GG's on those hilariously wonky hit box friendlies, I think the replay is still saved on Deez's Wii U.
Eternal for kicking my *** with sheik. I guess Shaya was right, maybe we do need a few more Sheiks for practice...
And to the NSW'ers, it was nice to meet you all though didn't talk that much, but more so to Kira for that very 'by the hair' set. GG

See you guys next month...
yeh it was some good friendlies but god dammit those wins were so janky

Last edited:

tibs7

Smash Champion
So, i have a physique comp on the 20th of September. A smash 4 tournament on the 19th would mean i wouldnt be able to attend.
Could we try to not make the smash4 date on this day please!!! :)
thanks guys

S.D

Smash Master
So, i have a physique comp on the 20th of September. A smash 4 tournament on the 19th would mean i wouldnt be able to attend.
Could we try to not make the smash4 date on this day please!!! :)
thanks guys
Your priorities are whack.
Health/fitness/physique
Gaming/B.O/kreygasm

You decide.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Smash 4 is a pretty good game S.D

Taking out the trash is an important chore we all have to do regularly.

But unfortunately health/fitness/physique is more important when not living at "home", what would his parents think?
After NSW's recent visit there's obviously a lot piled up to be taken outside~

[I jest, plz]

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Alllllllllllright guys! Dates are booked in!

Saturday 26th September

Smash 4 exclusive cool kids club

Sunday 27th September

Melee + PM + FGC

Now lets get the most important thing out of the way.

We all have a chance to do Pools! This means new kids won't have to have a bad experience going 0-2 and not being able to play anymore. However, I must impress upon everyone that if we don't see enough setups on the day we will not run pools.

How many setups do we need?

If we take the numbers of the last ranbat of 120 people. We need 30-32 setups

100 entrants = 25 setups

80 entrants = 20 setups

If we don't see the proper setups according to the entrants list...We simple revert to double elimination. So this one is completely on the community. We now have space and we now have the flexibility to run a concentrated schedule. Want an experience that guarantees you at least 5 matches and maybe even an amateur bracket (or quads)? Bring ya setups scrublets!

Full schedule for both days will be decided on in the coming week or 2.

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just another heads up. If you happen to bring a console, please make sure its updated to the latest version. Last tournament we had setups we couldnt use due to this. =<

As dread said, if you want to run pools and such, please bring as many setups as possible :)

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Also; any spare setups we have over the amount needed for pools will be free for friendlies for the whole day!

So if you not only want a more satisfactory time by getting more matches out of pools, you can get even more matches from friendlies!

For Smash 4 specifically we will also need people to bring monitors. Couch Warriors provides us with roughly 18-23 monitors and we predict we will need 32 setups minimum for Smash 4 pools, meaning we'll be short 15ish monitors. If you have a monitor or TV that you can bring as well, please do so.

We were 120 strong for Smash 4 last monthly - If only a third of you bring your setups / monitors, we will have more than enough for pools + 8 spare for friendlies for the whole day. Do not let the excuse of 'Oh, someone else can bring a setup' stop you from bringing one. More setups = More friendlies.

PS. Just make sure your setup is patched to the latest version

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Redact or Dread. Would there be easy way to PM you guys about details for that new venue I was talking about. I got more details. I will call again for a couple more things though.
i suggest the private message function provided by smashboards, or the messaging option provided by facebook

Last edited:
Top Bottom