• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Splice

Smash Hero
dislike
this is antithetical
unfairly punishes anyone who was late for reasons outside their control.
i understand being disqualified if you're so late the tournament will not finish on time, but if that's not the case, and we want everyone to have a fair go, then we should not discriminate based on skill level.
There is no discrimination on skill level, that's part of the point.
All you are is a dude who is or is not 20 minutes late. If you are 20 minutes late, you are DQ'd. If you make the TO acknowledge you have arrived within that time or gotten to your match, you are not DQ'd.
The tournament doesn't finish at a reasonable time EVER so if you're half a second late the tournament is still probably ****ed.
The point is NOW we don't wait for the tournament to run late before we DQ though - objective standards need to be put in place and met. This is progress towards a better run event and a better general experience. The individual does not matter if they can't comply to rules.
If you can't control the world around you making it late then get sucked in
The world hates you and it always did all you can do is try your best

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Schedule

11am - Doors, Casual play
11:30am - Super Smash Bros. Wii U doubles
12pm - Super Smash Bros. PM Singles
12pm STREET FIGHTER V PREVIEW - CASUALS, EXHIBITIONS
1pm - Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles
3pm - Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
3pm - Guilty Gear Xrd
3pm - MORTAL KOMBAT X
3pm - Super Smash Bros. Wii U Singles
4pm - Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles
3:30pm – 6pm – Ultra Street Fighter IV

Splice

Smash Hero
Yes, but then @Venks left and smash became different.
We've been playing smash for 5+ years before you joined the scene.
Thats when they were cool.
3DS tournaments towards the end of last year were not part of that period. please understand

I'd also like to inform you Dreadtech is very pleased that you learned what your character does; he says he is proud.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
__
Great to see you Kira and Ricky!
Hope you had a great time in Victoria and will come down again (enter PM next time Ricky!!)

Thanks for teaming with me G-man; was a lot of fun chilling with you at the start of the day.

Congrats to Earl! The greatest

Boy I sure do suck at Smash4 - gg no re
__
GG's in Project M to Dreadtech, Redact, SD, Dekar, and most of all Max; that monkey is ****ed. Made me pull out the Falco
Congrats to Dekar on first place!
3.6 bowser pls no changes ty:bowser2:

__
Real proud of Deeks in Melee for not being a one hit wonder and showing it's not just a good day for him; you gotta play solid to get wins against this guy. Hope you continue to improve, hope to have a friendly sesh at a meet or some such sometime. Very busy at the moment though!

Sorry to Azri; I didn't do you justice in doubles, I apologise for playing poorly overall and being a poor team-mate.

Great set between Phil and SD - Brunswick has real hot birds goin' around
'gratulations to SD for the victory and nice bird !!

___
Shoutouts to the TO team; this was a hard one so it went relatively well due to some solid work.
Will be talking to dread about a few strategies and minor changes you guys can be using for an easier time in future - trim a few rough edges, optimise space and such. Hopefully it is quite fruitful.

apology: Haydino - didn't get the chance to talk to you today, even though we briefly exchanged glances. Very rude, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Felt like I did relatively good yesterday considering my bracket. Shoutouts to Jei and Khoa for kicking me head in, in singles. They took away my double glory at Ignis' Birthday, and they crushed my hopes and dreams in singles yesterday, good stuff. I've learned DK is nowhere near a good counterpick to play against fox LMAO.
Congrats to D Legend Earl, and good job to the TO's

Meredy

The Busterina
I didn't come to save money for my Perth trip, but shoutouts to Deeks for succeeding at bringing the Ice Climbers back where I failed, I really love watching the ICs. Y'all better watch out for my boy Benny P, kid's ICs making mad gains.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts yeeeee (sorry if I forgot you. yell at me if I did.)

Scarpian/Sea Bass/Seb: good job in doubles buddy thanks for carrying me to 1st place. Hope you enjoyed your little holiday in melbourne. I'll come see you in nsw soon probably.

Dean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXW4hvHj-Q also sorry seb stole the couch. also heres SHIZAAAA salad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-OYpeTZqmc

Leisha: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;______; beep boop

V: Thank you for yummy sushis and no thank you for stickers >=( (except when they're on leish many thanks for that)

Boozer: Stop being her sticker minion and I'll be friends with you again.

Deez and friend(sorry I forgot the name >_< might have been pin or something): ggs in dubs.

Jei and Khoa: ggs in doubles guys. That double ko finish was cool.

M and Kira: Was cool seeing you two again ^^ ggs in doubles

Earl and Attila: ggs guys. was cool seeing you guys team up.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

to bowserdude1994 in HD.

to Dekar for turning up and catching up.

To SD and x5_MM_EMO_TomThumb_Redact for sick bird set GF,

GG's to fudge, timic, bubby, haydino, Cailan (lmao)

MOST OF ALL

GG to forte who lost 5 dollars to me in street fighter V, get rekt!!! <3

Last edited:

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to pretty much everyone.
Specifically though,
Dread and Cappa: those five-and-whatever games in doubles were ace, would play again. Ggs gamecube disc.
Tyler: love that Peach. I live for the mirror matches.
Mgk: Ninth in doubles? Hope your back's alright from carrying so hard. Ggs broski.

Last edited:
Top Bottom