• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
carry the controller with you then, if you can't be normal and use a cube controller you bring this on yourself to be careful about it.
I used to use a pro controller and it really is not hard to desync and pay attention to your own controller.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Perhaps a spare console can be placed at/near the TO desk as a 'desync' console? When you're done with your match, head to the console and sync your controller to it to desync it from the tournament consoles?

That's actually a really good idea. :) we could try at least. Problem is that people will have to commit to doing it though.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i srsly dont understand what's difficult about taking ur batteries out of the controller and throwing them at your nearest Redact

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
**** that, instead lets get the people who bring the consoles worry about the controllers.
It'll be like all the kids, when you go over to that 'guys' house to play on his console you don't have, so you have to borrow the controller with your greasy, Doritos infested hands saying "pass the controller bro".

S.D

Smash Master
Problem is that we'll have more bloody people hovering over the TO desk.
Can we move the TO/rego desk to one of the back rooms? (back right would be ideal as you enter).
You can have someone manning the front area to the main hall to make sure people are paying up/know where to go to register, but it would seriously reduce congestion.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Can we move the TO/rego desk to one of the back rooms? (back right would be ideal as you enter).
You can have someone manning the front area to the main hall to make sure people are paying up/know where to go to register, but it would seriously reduce congestion.
We need everyone in one room or it causes slowdown (which is just as bad as congestion as it gives the same results with more disconnect. It means someone has to run to the main room whenever they need to chase things up or announce things.

Unless we have a full time person only on rego who is fine with missing out on the hustle and bustle of being a part of the crowd there's not much else we can do. And I'd sooner quit then be put inside a small room by myself taking rego.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
It would also mean that whoever is at the TO desk has no idea how the tourney is progressing, and has an extra hard time checking setups/matches.

In the meantime, let's continue looking for a new venue.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
DI Another Day is 1 week after the Ranking battle

So we will be yet again sticking to this ruleset so our guys from Melbourne can go dominate Perth

Smash 4 ruleset

2 stock 6 minutes
No customs
Mii Fighters legal only with 1111 format (Aka only the number 1 custom move for each B move)

Starters:
>Battlefield/Miiverse
>FD/Palutena Omega
>Dreamland
>Town And City
>Smashville

Counterpicks:
>Lylat Cruise
>Castle Siege
>Delfino Plaza
>Duck Hunt
>Halberd

2 stage bans

PM ruleset is unchanged

4 stock 8 minutes

Stages

Starters:
GHZ
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Story
Delfino's Secret
Final Destination

bans:
bo3 = 2 bans
bo5 = 1 ban

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I've trained and ranked all my amiibo and they're ready to take on the best Smashers in Melbourne. In friendlies, of course. Hell, maybe I'll take a few people on myself and see how much better I've gotten from training 44 amiibo.

Splice

Smash Hero
I've trained and ranked all my amiibo and they're ready to take on the best Smashers in Melbourne. In friendlies, of course. Hell, maybe I'll take a few people on myself and see how much better I've gotten from training 44 amiibo.
can i buy an amiibo off u

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okies, I'm bringing @Scarpian to the monthly.

Gonna be a Sydney party now I guess xD

Also for anyone bringing a console to the monthly, please dont forget to update it to the latest smash version :)

Last edited:

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Everyone bringing a PM setup, the full version of 3.6 was released just yesterday. It was a minor update, but it did include some slight balance changes, so it's a necessary patch for everyone bringing a PM setup to the monthly this weekend. Please remember to update your setups everyone.

Top Bottom