• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hard to stay focussed with this game sometimes; the game betrayed me again today.

Think I'll be taking some time off.

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Ggs to those I played in PM.
Wasn't expecting a good result in my first Project M tourny anyways.
I believe I came last in my first Brawl tourny in 2010 (which had almost 50 entries at the time).

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
At the end of the day I am certainly happy with my result today. I feel that I have definitely improved in myself and I have learned to start believing in myself more :)
but in all thanks for a good day guys I certainly enjoyed myself
:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Results:

Smash 4 Singles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4cwjul15

Melee Singles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/meleecwjul15

PM Singles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/pmsinglescwjul15

Smash 4 Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4dubcwjul15

Melee Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/mdubscwjul15

Shoutouts:

Thanks to everyone who came, we had a whopping 222 people throughout the whole day. Biggest ranbat yet

Massive props to every TO trainee who helped. Tournament would be in shambles without you guys

Shoutouts to everyone I played.

Just wanna say one thing

kids...if you work hard (at melee), and persevere, one day you can have redact senpai tell you "Your Fsmash is F***ed"

10/10 would play PM again XD

JUST TO KEEP EVERYONE IN THE LOOP

We will be having 2 tournaments in august (1 done by fellow smashers(melee and pm exclusive I think sorry to the s4 guys it's a logistics issue) and the ranbat.

We will also be having 2 tournaments in October. (very special one got cancelled, please understand)

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
ey sick tournament ye

shoutouts to brother Jared who was unable to make it
Doubles was won in your honour due to aid from the mighty Skeletom

Skeletom I'm unsure what the issues with your mindset are, but I think it's better to talk to you about it person so we can have a conversation without assumptions and hopefully something productive. Either way, the best Melee that was played all day was your friendlies with Qx. While I had been studying stuff specifically to see if it'd work on you/Redact this tournament, there's no doubt that right now you're control of movement and combo's is the cleanest right now. Despite mindset issues your actual gameplay is on fire, I love to see it and can't wait to play more good quality friendlies at Max's. The quality of those games are more important to me than these tournaments. It showcases why the game is so good, and lets me work on the higher level aspects of this game in terms of what can be done with SDI, and creative combos. It will be good when we can harness that in a tournament environment with pressure. Hope you had a good night at the tourney anyway and a good sleep.
And thanks for saving the day in doubles. Despite a couple of shaky game ones, We were oppressive and dominant in the end of every set. It was a pleasure.

Tibs Hey man don't feel bad about not playing your best, I was stoked at the opportunity to team with someone who is a massive homie. It was enjoyable enough that I'm contemplating going in for Smash4 singles every now and then, or maybe I'll just play more friendlies. Anyways I'm always up to team again in the future. Thanks for the games :)
GnW still sucks btw I'll never like him haha, but I'll admit the Bair is decent now.

Redact I feel really bad about that suicide you did after I suicided twice. I feel bad that it had to happen, I'm not sure what your reasoning for it was, if it was just out of respect for me or wanting me to have the opportunity to do alright or what. Hella awkard though. Don't feel bad for losing to RedX, MU's are everything and it'd have been a while since you played against or thought about the MU since we don't really have proper sheiks. He's good and improvement in this game is not fast; you haven't been super dedicated to improving on stuff and he's not going to magically stop being a challenge for any of us.

RedX Thanks for the games man, glad I came from winners because getting to play 2 sets let me work on a lot of stuff. Unfortunately wasn't recorded so I won't be able to evaluate some things as critically as I'd like but I remember most of it :)
Good timing for you to come back with the sheik at the same time as I'm picking her up coz it helps me get an idea of how fast she can move out of her moves/lcancel timings and I can learn to mimic them to have a more optimised sheik.
Don't spend the money on hookers and memes

Qx sleep tight, pupper

PCG Played well today, showed that you can be great. Your mentality, judging from the way you played against Azri, was in fine form for being dominant and clutching games. You lost based on prominent habits which cut through the rest of your solid game, and they were exploitable. An overall convincing performance that tells me you aren't actually limited by mindset or whatever to just being some noob fox with good tech; you can be a good competitor. Don't get complacent and keep enjoying the game and being smooth at moving in the game.

Haydino & Aled Always great to see you, tight work in Melee Singles Haydino, I'm mega proud. Glad you both felt you were playing well, would be good to hang out sometime outside of a tournament, all 3 of us.

Jake still solid, hope you attend more and cause the occasional upset.

Fess hope the games helped, would be good to play a more extended session of friendlies so we can talk more between the games and discuss things properly.

Macky where were you? I kept Grand finals warm for you and you never showed up???

Deeks a.k.a. Dude that did some wobbles - you are a champion please keep working on your IC's. We need people to use the character to a somewhat decent level and use wobbling to teach all these dumb spacies players that their approach to the MU is flawed, and then we can learn it and get better. Don't feel bad for wobbling; your character is garbage without the combos out of grabs. Yeah it's more swag to do stuff that isn't wobbling but it's so hard for IC's to get a grab that you can't really afford to drop anything, so if you can wobble, do it man. I hope you want to get better at the game, because I'd love to have a decent IC's in our state and practice with you :)

Forte Congrats on beating Miles, glad you could muster some good gameplay from yourself. I credit the win to our friendlies yesterday. Either way good stuff repping EMO, crush the HoC losers :)

After tourney car crew
Dom - Quality human being with much honour, immediate return on the Coke does not go un-appreciated. Let me know if no recording next time ;__;
Dread - You did everything. Thanks a bunch and congrats in PM, not least of all your own emotional feeling about the result being encouraging for yourself. This tournament felt smoother than the last one but then again I wasn't seeding. Hope you are satisfied with another successful tourney

Last edited:

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Shoutouts to Jamwa and everyone else who's actually good at PM for not showing up and letting me make a profit off silly G&W combos

:gw::gw::gw::gw::gw:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
PCG Played well today, showed that you can be great. Your mentality, judging from the way you played against Azri, was in fine form for being dominant and clutching games. You lost based on prominent habits which cut through the rest of your solid game, and they were exploitable. An overall convincing performance that tells me you aren't actually limited by mindset or whatever to just being some noob fox with good tech; you can be a good competitor. Don't get complacent and keep enjoying the game and being smooth at moving in the game.
Cheers dude. You played good until you pulled out gnw. Way to kill your own momentum lol. I know you always have a plan though, just add this data point to said plan and keep having the funs.
I legit think that the sydney time actually made me a little bit clutch. I was not getting to play as much as i wanted so I was feeling hella rusty but I was always seeded better so I kept getting in positions where I needed to be clutch. It's good that some of the clutch is still there and a bit of the smooth is also coming together. Gotta keep working. See you at HoC baby?

Stupid doubles bracket challonge. We took a game in WF and we didn't get 3-0d in LF since we didn't play it :(

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy
haha nah, I was playing garbage even in the games I won. It was like 90% disrespectful play, so I didn't really mind if I didn't win.
I took the opportunity to check big and small stages for Falco, GnW on FoD vs. Sheik theory, and Sheik dittos.
I think GnW on FoD is fine against sheik, especially with the flat stage when the side platforms going down allowing the CG to be really easy. I haven't been practicing GnW and the matches made it pretty clear to me that with good movement on GnW it'd be a solid pick.

Anyway for yourself yeah, keep working on the clutch and don't ever tell yourself you're not good enough. But also don't get frustrated when your behind in a set you were expecting to win. Just keep being clutch. It was good. Is there HoC this week?

btw, the doubles bracket doesn't account for which games were won by 6 stock either so just be thankful

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Shout Outs

PM

Merrrth:
This was a fun set. GG's

Neeson: This set was way too close for my liking. :p I had a off winners side but just glad I got the close win. Keep up your Diddy and Marth, I could tell you had improved the last time we versed. Keep up the good work. :)

@ Timic83 Timic83 : So we meet again and your snake did the job. I promise a better performance from my ganondorf as it was way off and will hopefully be a closer set next time around. :) I also noticed that your snake has improved! Keep up the good work. :)

Cappa / Cup: 3 / 3 for me now, I really enjoy when we verse, it's always great to see a wolf in PM! Hope to verse again soon and I'm sure you'll get me in due time. :)

Forte: What can I say, ganondorf is falcon ***** in this MU. :p I'm just glad that I'm good enough of an opponent to force you to go a counter pick character against me, as game 1 against your Marth was one sided I felt. I will in the future perfect the Falcon / Ganondorf MU, until then, I'll show you my best!

@ dreadtech dreadtech : Congrats on 3rd place! No snake to stop you this time. ;)

@ mask1n mask1n : Congrats on 2nd place! Ain't you glad you dropped Smash for this. :p

Mar: The PM friendlies were fun. :) Keep up your good work in smash 4 and you'll get there in time. :)

@Fudge9 : We will get Falcon in time! :)

Smash 4

Flip:
This was a bad set as Ganondorf vs Link isn't the best sadly..... which makes sense, Link should win. :p I'm just glad I got a game with my Jr! Keep up the good work. :)

PAL: Diddy against Ganondorf before the nerfs were pretty even and now it's probably 50/50. Really fun games and hope to verse you again. :)

Hypro Pimp: So we meet in tourney and it was an really fun set. Your Little Mac was fun to verse but man ..... Shiek is scary as! Yet I beat it with Ganondorf and that shild break at 30%, that saved me! We should have more friendlies in the future. :)

Conan: First time I versed a Mario and oh boy Marios amazing at high level of play. Then game 2 you used diddy and felt that your Mario was a little better. 2 close games overall. GG's on the win. :)

OP: This was probably the most fun of the night for me. THE GANONDORF DITTO IN SMASH 4 IS SO HYPE! I'm really glad that we are at even skill level and will help each other out to create the best ganondorfs around! All the best and will always be up for more friendlies or just advice from each other. :)

@Villyness (V) : Congrats on 4th! BEST PILLOW EVER! :p Would love a ganondorf one of them, have to know where I can get one!? :)

@boozer : Congrats on 3rd place! Showing the world just how good Bowser is! We have to have a friendly some time! The Nintendo villains going head to head! :)

Shout outs to everyone else that I missed. See all you guys at the next event! :)

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Ayyyy finally got some time to post... or at least time to remember to post...
busy week...

Anyway, thanks again guys, had a blast. Big thanks to those I played on Saturday.
Kinda have to give a special shout out to Baron with the biggest pop off I've ever seen.

Here's to August, with maybe some tourny/community mode.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yo what time does Smash 4 normally happen at these monthlies? Thinking about coming down on the 22nd.

Be there by 11am Kira if you wanna sign up for all smash 4 events. Doubles starts at 11:30am and singles is around 3pm. Hope to see you there ^-^

Last edited:

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Might be joining Smash 4 next tourny, along with Project M (i'll save Melee for if/when Project M dies out, as i want to focus on PM first), but I was actually wondering how many people actually use the Gamecube controller for Smash 4 ?
Are you allowed to use GC for Smash 4 ?

Also found this hilarious video recently lol... who was actually commentating here ? Too funny :D, thanks to you guys i've been watching it everyday since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wNbdC1w6g

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Might be joining Smash 4 next tourny, along with Project M (i'll save Melee for if/when Project M dies out, as i want to focus on PM first), but I was actually wondering how many people actually use the Gamecube controller for Smash 4 ?
Are you allowed to use GC for Smash 4 ?

Also found this hilarious video recently lol... who was actually commentating here ? Too funny :D, thanks to you guys i've been watching it everyday since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wNbdC1w6g
The Majority of players use Gamecube controllers or the wii-mote plug in counterpart, so no stress hombre :)

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
The TO's and the players would also prefer you use a GC controller. The amount of times a controller failing to be de-synced has interrupted and slowed things down is too high to keep track of anymore.

I understand that some people don't have access to a GC controller or an adapter but they need to take the precaution to desync their things correctly and make sure they don't reactivate.

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
The TO's and the players would also prefer you use a GC controller. The amount of times a controller failing to be de-synced has interrupted and slowed things down is too high to keep track of anymore.

I understand that some people don't have access to a GC controller or an adapter but they need to take the precaution to desync their things correctly and make sure they don't reactivate.
What's the TO's stance on wireless controllers? Possible bans on the foreseeable future?

I use a wireless controller and I know how much hassle they can be when they disrupt matches (and there's no "true" desync option available), so a heads up way ahead of time would be great so we can start practicing on a GC controller.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
What's the TO's stance on wireless controllers? Possible bans on the foreseeable future?

I use a wireless controller and I know how much hassle they can be when they disrupt matches (and there's no "true" desync option available), so a heads up way ahead of time would be great so we can start practicing on a GC controller.
Start practicing ;)

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
If you can't handle the simplicity of desyncing a controller then I just don't have words.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Perhaps a spare console can be placed at/near the TO desk as a 'desync' console? When you're done with your match, head to the console and sync your controller to it to desync it from the tournament consoles?

Wiimote controllers have it easy with those batteries..

Last edited:

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Perhaps a spare console can be placed at/near the TO desk as a 'desync' console? When you're done with your match, head to the console and sync your controller to it to desync it from the tournament consoles?

Wiimote controllers have it easy with those batteries..
How many Controllers can you sync to one Wii U though?

UseHydroPimp

Smash Cadet
How many Controllers can you sync to one Wii U though?
I think 8 because of 8 player smash but I might be wrong.
EDIT: This document explaining how to play 8 player smash says that players 5-8 must sync through smash brothers and cant sync before on the wii u home menu.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...player-smash-battle-(super-smash-bros.-wii-u)
So a wii u console can hold 4 controllers and smash can hold 8 controllers including 7 pro controllers.
Do more than 7 people use a pro controller at a tournament?

Last edited:
Top Bottom