• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Considering the number of people coming each month has been consistently high (though may drop since past 2 months have been patch/dlc), it would probably be time constraints overall.
Otherwise Smash 4 would have to be pushed up to start earlier (again? can't remember what the schedule was early on) and may cause conflicts between the games again, which caused a lot of delays when people had signed up for more than 1 smash game.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Time restraints is the main reason, I personally prefer three stock but there are probably a lot who prefer two anyway.

There are some very campy matchups that can cause a game to timeout far easier on three stock instead of two stock but I personally don't think enough Victorian players use these characters consistently enough that it'll happen too often.

If we were tighter on DQ'ing people who are holding up bracket and tighter on getting Losers round 1 over ASAP I reckon we could do it.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Hey sorry if this has been covered before, but why are we running two stock over three stock?

I'm curious since most other states run three stock and personally three stock feels a lot more natural.

Is it just time restraints? Or do most of the Smash 4 community prefer two stock?
well, DI another day is running 2 stock...so in preparation for PERTH we are still running 2 stock

Splice

Smash Hero
better get tighter at keeping track of whether or not people have actually registered and paid before getting tighter on DQ's/not putting ppl in bracket

btw 2 stock for smash4 is in keeping with the nonsense progression of stock counts used in competitve smash game rulesets;
5 stock smash 64
4 stock melee
3 stock Brawl
2 stock Smash 4
1 stock Smash 5
The 6th smash game will be terrible no-one will play it
By the time the 7th smash comes out, there will be a negative dimension that can easily be accessed by anyone with Ultra WiFi

Last edited:

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
6 minute 2 stock is still more time per stock than 8 minute 3 stock, though only by 20 seconds.

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I personally feel as if two stock feels more natural to the game itself. But the only thing I would pick at with 3 stock is the fact it gives the players more of a one sided match than anything (due to derpy rage mechanics) but with that being said you would get it possibly as equal to it with 2 stock anyway, so I feel it wouldn't solve much either way. (Not saying u guys are trying to implement something to solve one problem to fix the other ) but thought I might put my two cents in :)

:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I was simply giving my opinion on it for all I care. Whatever decision u guys make I couldn't care less I am willing to adapt to it I am just pointing out my opinion of how it would possibly pan out in the end nothing more and nothing less there was no intention to attack on whatever decision u guys make

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
dreadtech wants you to attack him so he can yell at you though Baron
He likes to yell

Dreadtech thanks you

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
Yo Merryberry you forgot that some kids wern't alive when jet fuel melted steel beams nomsaiyan?

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ok....for PM...people are still arguing back and forth so I'm going to first say that for this month I'm taking initiative and putting my foot down. This does not mean this is the standard, this is just what we're running this month to see what happens

PM ruleset

4 stock 8 minutes

Stages

Starters:
GHZ
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Story
Delfino's Secret
Final Destination

bans:
bo3 = 2 bans
bo5 = 1 ban

For smash 4 and PM there will be rulesheets present at the ranbat

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ok....for PM...people are still arguing back and forth so I'm going to first say that for this month I'm taking initiative and putting my foot down.
mate i already put my foot down what
this will be the new standard, because WW is not a good standalone stage (read: certain characters have to ban this stage even though the blast zones are good for them, the platform layout of YS is much more neutral),
and because YI is really really broken for certain characters. anyone with a tether auto bans this stage, anyone playing against wolf, marth, or roy ban this stage (the slight tilts actually guarantee follow-ups on marth/roy's grabs, and the tilts on the ledge are blatantly broken).

we would have WW in this stagelist, if only there was another stage to add with it, and there's no other non-jank replacement to YI unless you guys want Skyworld

who's in favour of skyworld?
no-one except star?
ok good im going to take WW to a farm, dont worry guys he will live happily at the farm and he will run in the meadows and graze on the green grass

tibs7

Smash Champion
I don't think Attila will be there for doubles so I wont have a team partner, anyone keen?

Meredy

The Busterina
I love WW. I'd volunteer to help TO but I've been so unbelievably tired lately that I don't trust myself to do well.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Tibs I'll play smash4 doubles if you're keen :4sonic:

Hopefully it doesn't run past 4pm...

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@ Haydino Haydino @ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah @ Snoc Snoc @Ignis Thoron

A couple of things.

I'll arrive around 2. You guys will have to hold the fort until then.

2 main things to work on this time:

1. Someone needs to be at the desk running matches at all times. If the TO at the desk needs to leave to play a match/eat, they MUST wait until another TO is ready to take over, and MUST tell them all the matches that are being played. Whoever is at the desk NEEDS to know what matches are being played at all times. Otherwise matches get forgotten, which can lead to big hold ups later.

2. TO at the desk needs to delegate responsibility to a scout TO to keep an eye on matches are being played. New players are notoriously bad at reporting matches, and someone needs to keep an eye on what sets are being played, and which sets are finishing. This also helps keep all setups being used for tourney matches in the early stages.

Good luck guys ;)

Top Bottom