• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Tbh I never understood having cake and not eating it. I'd rather have no cake.

But seriously, y'all need to come down.

S.D

Smash Master
Say we're playing on FD
If neutral start is called, you MUST use port 1 or 2, so that guy would have unplug from port 4 anyway.
You are allowed to ask for an RPS from that point to contest which of those two ports you prefer.
But if neutral start is called on FD, no-one will be using port 4.

Also lol that you've been the guy "with the cake and eating it too" the whole time... pretty funny you'd choose to say that.
Well this has never been broached as an issue before so I thought I was acting within the rules.

Also that's some serious BS. If someone requests the neutral start the other player should have the option of choosing port.

Splice

Smash Hero
Why? Neutral start is called because it's neutral; it is not supposed to give either player an advantage, rather remove any advantage that might have been created by the spawns. You shouldn't have to suffer by port or any other bias for calling neutral start. I don't know how you see this as "serious bull****".

You'd also get this weird thing where neither player wants to call neutral start because they want to bait the other player so they can get the port they want. The way you're suggesting is dodgy and allows for further grime, it should be kept fair and simple. Please think about the holes that exist in alternative methods when you criticise the current method.

One thing I remember doing in brawl was that both players play ONE rock paper scissors. The player who wins gets to choose whether they want to strike first, or if they want to choose their ports. The loser then gets the advantage in the other area. Perhaps we could adopt this method? Otherwise by winning two rounds of RPS you can get two advantages when the benefits of the RPS are supposed to be as minimal as possible. Whaddya think @ S.D S.D

S.D

Smash Master
Why? Neutral start is called because it's neutral; it is not supposed to give either player an advantage, rather remove any advantage that might have been created by the spawns. You shouldn't have to suffer by port or any other bias for calling neutral start. I don't know how you see this as "serious bull****".

You'd also get this weird thing where neither player wants to call neutral start because they want to bait the other player so they can get the port they want. The way you're suggesting is dodgy and allows for further grime, it should be kept fair and simple. Please think about the holes that exist in alternative methods when you criticise the current method.

One thing I remember doing in brawl was that both players play ONE rock paper scissors. The player who wins gets to choose whether they want to strike first, or if they want to choose their ports. The loser then gets the advantage in the other area. Perhaps we could adopt this method? Otherwise by winning two rounds of RPS you can get two advantages when the benefits of the RPS are supposed to be as minimal as possible. Whaddya think @ S.D S.D
I think I should get port 4 and a three stock advantage every match and everyone else should have to play C tier or lower.

Nah that sounds better, and I agree neutral start doesn't favour anyone.

In most cases the other player probably won't mind which port you choose anyway I suppose, so it will not often be an issue.
I only had to contest ports once at BAM against zxv coz he's a port 4 fanboy too.

Although I think there has been rules in the past about switching ports between matches in the case of a dispute? Should we have something like that in place too? I offered Bryte fourth port alternating when I won it but it wasn't enforced.

ANYWAY, so long as I can find a new way to grime ppl and make them tilt I'm happy. Off to study that rule book.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah I think there might be rules about switching ports each match, or maybe like loser gets port choice for games after game 1?

You'd often have to change ports each game anyway because the required neutral ports are different on each stage so you might as well change who is higher/lower port.

also can't you just get good geez, I don't wanna have to act assertive towards you so I can keep a dominant mindset in the event that you take 5 hours to pick a stage and file a lawsuit against me on (false) allegations of not having a steady hand during RPS in a bid to kill my momentum with supreme grime

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
June 13th, not June 20th?
got moved because a **** company who have never done anything for us were unable to make it on the 20th so the date was moved to the 13th so that they could come and be useless

To be clear, yes the date has been moved to the 13th

Last edited:

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You guys might want to make a post on the change on the facebook page as well (not sure if you have already), it would be pretty awkward if people turn up on the 20th instead

Neeson

Smash Rookie
Are we able to get the first post on this thread updated with some start times for this months RanBat, that's if they have been organised?

Also, I can't seem to find the FB event page for this month's RanBat either, if it exists, would someone be able to direct me?

Thanks.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: RANBAT Has been changed BACK to the 20th guys, massive apologies for any inconveniences

Does not exist yet, couchwarriors have not made an event yet but here is the schedule

June 20th Ranbat at

6 Davies Street Brunswick

11:30am - Wii U doubles

12pm - PM Singles

1pm - Melee Doubles

3pm - Wii U Singles

4pm - Melee Singles

A pre sign up sheet will go up tomorrow, If you want to make your line up on the day painless I highly recommend filling it in

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
With the announcement of Town and Sydney we will be changing our stage list in accordance to what they run for their tournaments for SMASH 4

Starter Stages
Omega Palutena's Temple*
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Counter-Pick Stages
Final Destination (Omegas)**
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

* Omega Palutena's Temple refers to the FD form of Palutena's Temple.
** Final Destination includes all Omega stages.
Banning FD includes a ban for all Omega stages, picking FD can be any legal Omega

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Pls no cancer customs.

Okay I can probably go now since its the 20th. Although I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on the following Friday, so I'll either show up in kirby cosplay or I'll be in too much pain and not attend. Might just spectate if I go though, I'll be on some crazy drugs so i dont die from pain. xD

:4rob::178:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Btw everyone as you would all know, a new update will be released on the 15th for Lucas DLC and miiverse. Please remember to update your console if youre providing it on the day. Lucas should be legal if we have more than 8+ setups. You have 5 days to buy the DLC. Please dont forget to update! Although last time, everyone was ****ing awesome and brought updated setups+mewtwo so please keep up the awesome work everyone! We cant run the tournaments without your support! :colorful:

:4rob:

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
New stage listings, no stupid customs despite the next that Sydney thing I only just saw now from what you mentioned it's from and apparently is no longer on the 13th after being mentioned last time I checked it was on the 20th?

Things could not be more perfect, should be able to make it this time.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Requesting volunteers.

I would like to mentor some up and coming TOs. I'm asking for four people who would be willing to TO the event; I'll be overseeing to teach the TOs how to run a smooth event. @ dreadtech dreadtech is already in, so I'd like three more.

Cheers

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
Requesting volunteers.

I would like to mentor some up and coming TOs. I'm asking for four people who would be willing to TO the event; I'll be overseeing to teach the TOs how to run a smooth event. @ dreadtech dreadtech is already in, so I'd like three more.

Cheers
I'll help again.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Smash Lab is on! https://www.facebook.com/events/923306601040980/

27th June - 6pm - 10pm (later if the bar is busy)

Come play some friendly matches or challenge others with your crew of four. See which group of same region/family/housemates/coworkers/friends/strangers is the best!

Now introducing The Bowser Challenge! Think you can take the most Bowser stocks?
$2 entry - winner takes all. Entrants are limited!

Read more about crew battles here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Crew_battle
Read more about The Bowser Challenge here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Bowser_Challenge

Don't like Smash or wanna mix it up? Bring your friends and visit Alchemist's Refuge and play some board games - free! Games also available to play upstairs at Games Laboratory (gold coin donation)

Where:
Alchemist's Refuge
Basement level of Games Laboratory
328 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne

Requirements:
+18 unless supervised by guardian
BYO controller
$5 entry fee

Schedule:
Bowser Challenge runs from 6pm - 7pm on the main projector
Crew battle sign ups close at 6:45pm - Start at 7pm on the main projector
Friendlies/Salty Suite - Main projector after crew battles

Last edited:

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Requesting volunteers.

Cheers
I'm interested.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
With the announcement of Town and Sydney we will be changing our stage list in accordance to what they run for their tournaments for SMASH 4

Starter Stages
Omega Palutena's Temple*
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Counter-Pick Stages
Final Destination (Omegas)**
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

* Omega Palutena's Temple refers to the FD form of Palutena's Temple.
** Final Destination includes all Omega stages.
Banning FD includes a ban for all Omega stages, picking FD can be any legal Omega
We haven't used this list in sydney in a long time, nor is it the stage list that is being run at town and sydney

Splice

Smash Hero
the information in the T&S OP isn't even finalised yet, how d'ya know what the list is?
if you know what the stage list being run at town and sydney is you should mention it

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ok gords finally told me the likely stage list for T& S...So disregard everything. We will be running this (it's very standard) UNLESS the lucas update tomorrow causes him to change his mind

5 Stages all starters:
Final Destination (Omega's as a CP)
Smashville
Battlefield,
Town & City
Lylat Cruise

bo3 = 1 ban
bo5 = no bans

....thats all

Last edited:
Top Bottom