• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Shoutouts to Earl, clutch at the end.

Although I think it's probably safe to say I won't be losing to your mac again any time soon. Strategy is set.

Please pick up a good character :)

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I shall make one shout out, and that is to Dogivet for beating me man. Good job in all honesty it was a close game and I thought I had u in the bag but I honestly guess not :( there is always a next time I guess. It is also good to see more people in the scene each month .It was so difficult to just get through 75 or so let alone 98!!! had a good time as usual and it was certainly good to see some friendly faces.

Last edited:

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Shoutouts to sw0rds and Mar for denying @ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah and I the handshake after our doubles set - the disrespect game's too strong :V

Everyone else I played against yesterday was cool lol

Last edited:

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Yo, shoutouts to mask1n and Sarah for the disrespect the entire doubles set. Handshakes need to be earned, they aren't just given. Just like people's respect.
Next time you have a problem with someone @ mask1n mask1n try talking to them in private first instead of making it a public issue.

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Man people need to quit the disrespect. I got rofl stomped by dekar in smash4 + died in the most derpest way and I still hand shaked. Gotta remember it's just a game. :)

V getting so excited about the doubles win and falling off her chair. Now that was a highlight xD (hope you're okay btw)

Anyway shoutouts soon :0

Last edited:

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
V getting so excited about the doubles win and falling off her chair. Now that was a highlight xD (hope you're okay btw)
Just a bit drunk on hype. Other than that I'm fine lol. xD

Will do shoutouts when year 12 isn't destroying me.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to dean for jojo talk. wry. Also shoutouts to Bryce/Leisha for driving Dean and I home you guys are great. Shoutouts to V for irl SD after doubles rofl

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
@ Sw0rds Sw0rds if you lost and have beef you can still carry that beef but to not handshake is just weak. You lost, if it wasn't legitimate to you, you can talk about it after but shake the hand or lose respect from everyone.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
@ Sw0rds Sw0rds if you lost and have beef you can still carry that beef but to not handshake is just weak. You lost, if it wasn't legitimate to you, you can talk about it after but shake the hand or lost respect from everyone.
Look I probably went about it the wrong way, and I realize that, but I'm not going to turn around, apologize and pretend it never happened because that would justify what they did.
It's an issue in the community with people spamming taunts and laughing at them, just doing things to de-rail their opponent.
We are community, we're mean't to be friends playing video games, you shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff.
This is just my opinion, but people need to realize that it's unsportsman like and it causes tilt.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Also sorry to tibs I think you wanted to play some games later in the day but I was unable to due to doubles. Casuals at BAM will have to do I guess.

Kevvlar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dreamrend
3DS FC
1392-6579-0349
Shoutout to Rhyno for showing me how predictable my Falcon can be lol

Thanks everyone for making my first tourney a fun one ;P
See y'all soon. ^^

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
wish sakurai would put in fatalities so there could be more BM

shoutouts to HoC crew for getting stupidly hype over my match with Deez, also to Deez for being a good sport about it.

EDIT: SUPER SHOUTOUTS TO NOXUS FOR THE 20 BUX

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Excellent tournament yesterday, very well run with some problems but that's to be expected. I also want to say sorry again for holding up smash 4 doubles, next time I'll make sure it doesn't happen again and Hyperkitty is sorry also. :)

Shout outs

Smash 4

First thing I want to say is BOWSER JR is too fun and too awesome in smash 4, will definitely be playing him a lot more! But don't worry, Ganondorf will still appear here and there. :)
Boozer: This was a crazy fun set to play, glad to finally vs your amazing charizard. Both games were very close and my Bowser Jr almost took game 2. What a crazy ending with 2 should have been deaths but with good DI saved us both, couldn't ask for a better ending. Thanks for the kind words about my Bowser Jr and hope to vs you again!

Sw0rds: Very impressive game 1, you really knew how to deal with ganondorf and made me realise just how bad ganondorf can be against with certain MU's. You did that good in fact you made me change to Bowser Jr and don't worry to much about losing to him, his a very tricky character to deal with and will take time to understand what to do against him. Keep up the good work and your ZSS will get better in time. :)

Acrush: Very solid Ness and Shulk! All 3 games were really close and intense. I would say your Ness is more solid in more areas but your Shulk is still amazing in his only way. Keep up the great work!

Jax: You did amazing against my Bowser Jr, esp since it was your first time vsing a Bowser Jr. That alone speaks volumes about your understanding of the game. Also, great pick up on what stages to ban against my Bowser Jr. :) Keep up the great work and hope to vs your Fox and Marth again!

Timic: Close set even though it was a 2 - 0. Ness's grab game is crazy good and those up B's are very very annoying. :p GG's and maybe next time, you need some Ganon disrespect. :p

Project M

Shenny:
Ganondorf ditto hype! Awesome to see another Ganondorf and you were very solid with the spacing of your Fair, nice mix ups with Side B's. With some practice and maybe even training? you could become a great ganondorf. Hope to vs again soon.

Hardpelicn: Wasn't playing the best in this set but your Fox and Falcon destroyed me easily. Next time I'll bring more of a fight, and if I have to vs your Falcon again, I do have a surprise for you, so bring it! :)

Jorah: Very nice Link and Mario. You put up a pretty good fight for someone that doesn't have much tech skill. Keep on training with your Brother and you guys will get there. :)

Timic: Vsed you twice in different games, you may have won in smash 4 but I got the win in PM, which that one matters most. :p You have an amazing Snake and well done on taking game 1, felt like I should have won that one but you clutched it out. Games 2 and 3 I felt like I dominated and I found out just how silly Snake can actually be and how safe he is at times. Keep up the good work and snakes side b is just silly. :p

Dreadtech: Before the PM bracket was up, I told you I was going to bring it today in PM and funny enough, we got to vs each other. This set was probably the best set I have ever been in to date. Game 1 you had full control but it was still fairly even. Game 2 I was more patient and it really payed off. Game 3 was probably the most intense game I've been in, we each had our moments and that comeback you did at the end was amazing, but I was lucky and went for a hard read and got the gimp. I'll remember this set as it was a classic and hope to have many more classic sets against you. Huge respect towards your Toon Link and you as a person.

Tyler: 2nd snake for the tournament for me and it really shows that you know your stuff. Game 1 was mine but you did an amazing read to get the win, so huge respect for READS OF DESTRUCTION! Game 2 you ran away with it but I wasn't doing much wrong, but when I did, you punished hard. You played very solid throughout the set and congrats on the win. I will get the win off you in due time. :) Also, I agree, wizard foot SHOULD beat snakes side b. :p

Melee

Shenny:
Twice in one day. :p I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a ganon ditto again but it was still an fun set. Keep up the good work. :)

Dekar: What can I say? Your an amazing player that I have a lot of respect for. :) Hope to vs you again soon, but in PM as we always have fun and hope to learn more from you in the future. Congrats on 1st in PM and 2nd in Melee.

Milun: Fun set, you have a weak pikachu but a pretty good Dr Mario. Stick with him and you'll get further.

Other shout outs:

V:
For being yourself and the PM/Melee talk. If you ever want me to show you some PM/Melee, just ask and I'll be gladly to show you any time. :)

Mar: F-ZERO GX HYPE! Great talk after everything was pretty much done, your an awesome guy and improving at smash really fast. Keep it up.

Deez: Your kind words about me being so lovable, I really appreciate it. :)

Shout outs to everyone that spoke to me, all your kind words about my Bowser Jr as it helps me as I'm a very stubborn Ganondorf main. :p

Hope to see and talk to all of you again in the coming weeks or at BAM!

KING OF EVIL OUT!

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Yo, shoutouts to mask1n and Sarah for the disrespect the entire doubles set. Handshakes need to be earned, they aren't just given. Just like people's respect.
Next time you have a problem with someone @ mask1n mask1n try talking to them in private first instead of making it a public issue.
rofl you didn't handshake why does that need to be talked about in private? A tournament set is a public event.
You're not just disrespecting your opponent by not handshaking, your disrespecting yourself by admitting you didn't play to a level where a respectable opponent was required to beat it and you also deprive yourself of the calm mind to learn.
Like the Starcraft 2 comrade Whitera says: "more gg, more skill"
No matter whether you were disrespected while you played or thought the opponents style of play was disgusting, you're supposed to take that on the chin and get better. The fact was you couldn't beat them and if you can't respect that then the fault is yours.
And spamming taunts is part of the game and if it actually made you play worse I guess it's a legit strat too? Mental edge is actually a part of most competitive things and if you get put on tilt that's traditionally good play by the opponent and/or your fault.
I try to utilt Skeletom more than necessary just for this exact reason too (**** that move amirite tom)

Sw0rds, look inwards next time mate.
Don't be such a huge ****a and don't say garbage like this again

shoutouts later

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Shoutouts to ACrush your Ness was pretty solid.
Boozer it was fun beating you.
Tom I hoped you enjoyed honest Dedede.
Ledge I will not play friendlies with you.
Ryan we won doubles so singles doesn't really matter.
Attila I didn't feel like winning so I let you have that one.
V stop beating me in 1vs1s.
Mr. Exley thanks for the lift home.
ViVa you have good taste.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts time

the community for turning up in full force and being patient with us. 90+ entrants smash 4 and 85+ for melee is insane and that triple digit mark is within reach ez. I know we had a few difficulties and we are working hard to fix them. The pre rego sheet was a success so we will be bringing that in for June. Smash 4 doubles will probably have to start earlier or things need to be shuffled again.

AZURASARAH FOR MVP HELPING RUN BRACKETS AND BEING AN AMAZING TO COVERER. Hobs for the assist too.

GG's to Tyler and MGK predominately in PM, you guys are awesome and when I play you guys it's anyones game.

GG's to DD, Frink, Toshi and Miles in Melee

Thanks to SD for the pm friendlies.

You guys know whats next...BAM7 is going to be off the chain and there will be a bunch of tournaments leading up to it. So keep your eyes peeled and practice up!

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
ggs everyone I played, was a good tournament and best of all it was a tournament where i can see my improvement in not just friendly results and people telling me but in tournament results too.

shoutouts to tom for a good set and making myself realise that your tier of players is actually within reach for me. ggs man, hopefully next time we play, I can contest you better throughout the set rather than just 1 game.

azri, that set actually felt really weird for me. Usually when we play you have control over the match entirely and it's really hard for me to do particularly anything at all. I really am surprised i had so much dominance in that set, it felt so unusual to beat you like that. ggs looking forward to next time.

hoc lads for being supportive and all that ****

and joey **** you lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I would have won if I even tried ur all **** at melee gave u guys freebies I didnt cry myself to sleep that night over losing totally content with my performance come at me

Splice

Smash Hero
shoutouts

Congratulations To S.D.

Throwing stocks away vs. Skeletom sucks ass, you can only get him to **** up or misread like 4 out of 5 0-death combos max and then you're just dead. Only having 3 stocks means if I get clipped 10-15 times It's game over as opposed to getting 20 chances.
I made some good adjustments coming into set 2 after losing in winners, like I realised some opportunities to CC against you.
But I did a choke-ass job of edge-guarding and I should have been more confident on the edge.
That was a cheeky win from you Tom but it was gg's well played m8

Lost two games against Redact thinking about how I should've picked GnW to chaingrab him across FD, then started trying again (and then almost choked after that! and then tried a bit more and won ez). You make mistakes every set we play though. All of us (Tom, Toshi, Jared, You and I) make mistakes when we're playing tight sets against each other but to me yours are the most noticeable, which kinda sucks. I wanna bop you at 100%

Toshi trying to get the win off me with a bthrow shine lol? That all you got?

Codie, I wish you beat Toshi, I knew you had it in you and you tried to do cheeky things that worked on Earl but you needed to go for the attrition game and wait out Toshi sometimes. He also does things different with Falcon than Fox (his fox doesn't get up attack much but his falcon does) and if you tuned into this you'd have had a better chance. Very well played from you though and your set against Earl was cheeky as.

Azri megabuster, even chokes in a friendly when he's got a 3 stock lead lmao

Hughie finally taking names in melee and making people standup and pay attention.

Seb sorry I lose in winners quarters and get you in losers. It really sucks coz we can't move names around in Challonge, because you really shouldn't have to vs. me in losers again coz it's pretty unfair to you. Thanks for making my sheik MU ability worth having though lol. You need to play slower and just try to hold a position and don't worry too much about cheap hits like dmsashing or fairing me at low %'s. You need to get a solid hit that you can follow up with and really take me to town with it. You get punished too hard for missing attacks so only go for the ones that are going to count.

Tyler following close behind Hughie for the position of Yung God by taking a game off SD. SD has been known to drop games to absolute busters like Seb in tourney but at least this puts your name on the map before you start taking wins off our intermediate players. If you came to a few more meets you'd get good really man you gotta get into the HoC meets or something.

Really proud of Forte as well, defeating Moxie and Matt-G is very huge, did EMO proud.
You needed to edgeguard better and more patiently against Miles; you were too greedy but also too slow. Game 2 was won because Miles is solid at edgeguarding low recoveries (if you recovered higher more against Miles that would be better too since he is not as good at dealing with that, but the problem was your own inability to edgeguard)
You could just pick Marth against Miles though he sucks at that MU.

Macky where the **** were you

Dekar are you slipping dude? Stop slippin' and resume tipperin'.

Bryce was nice talking to you at the end of the day

Deez keep trying in Melee and please never pick Ganondorf on FD ever again ahahaha. I appreciate your questions, keep trying to improve!

Mar - Noticed your improvement in Smash 4 from beating Leisha at EB the other day and taking a few names in this tournament too. I'm very busy at Melee tournaments so you're gonna have to look for me if you want to ask for games, but I'd be happy to!
You've shown that you are decent at improving in Smash so I'd like to see some of that carry over in Melee. Don't be a buster like sw0rds and retain good manners! I'm sorry you had to deal with swords. message me on skype or something if you have questions or anything or wanna know if there are melee meets etc. :)

Really happy to see Attila do well in Smash4. Wish it was done with metaknight.

Good to catch up at the end of the tournament Sarah :)

Feel bad not shout-outing all the sick ***** that were there but quick props to all of HoC crew especially Bu$ (enter next time dikhed), all of anime crew especially Jesse and Zak for hosting last nights sick festival of goodness.
Also props to Max for taking care of the stream this time and to Dom for chilling out for once.

Special big shoutouts to
Afropony; you're playing really well and every1 knows you're god tier. You should've beat Dom I think if we play a bit you'll do really well next time.
Haydino; Thanks for bringing Mfrek it was a good effort. Not too shabby in Smash4
Dreadtech; All the standard big thanks, more people need to thank you for your efforts! The 3 cheers last night was a sad effort no one paid attention lol. Hope you feel more appreciated than that! Glad you dig Dir En Grey they are sick.
Joey; **** Luigi. Good work on everything tournament wise though. The seeding was painless :)

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Look I probably went about it the wrong way, and I realize that, but I'm not going to turn around, apologize and pretend it never happened because that would justify what they did.
It's an issue in the community with people spamming taunts and laughing at them, just doing things to de-rail their opponent.
We are community, we're mean't to be friends playing video games, you shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff.
This is just my opinion, but people need to realize that it's unsportsman like and it causes tilt.
Disrespect outside of game (laughing at/taunting people IRL) is not acceptable, but disrespect in game is fair play.
As you stated in a previous post, respect is earned - this applies to gameplay as well.
If you're not at a level where your opponent needs to take you seriously then you need to strive to reach that level.
Don't get bitter, get better.
It is tilting though, I remember when I started out in melee and CAOTIC and Bringer played Bowser/Yoshi against me and my brother for the lolz, so you know what we did? WE BEAT THEM and they picked their mains - that's how you make people respect your game.

Shoutouts

Tyler - you got as many games off me as Dekar. GGs and who knew Falcon kick lost to Falco sideb? Fun fact - you were the only player not to get 2-0d in winners round 3.
Tom - stop being a busterino. plz. you're better than that.
TOs - Mad job as always.
Noxus - My back hurts... nah we did good sorry i failed in the 1v1
Dekar - stick to PM m8 GGs
Bogan commentary - sikkkkk work lads ima tell me nonna bout u lads
dread - ty for exposing my PM game

Last edited:

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts
Billy: like I said on the day, I definitely feel like both of us could have playing better than that. Looking forward to/dreading next time.

Hughie: solid stuff man, having the mindset of "I know I can do this" will help you so much. No johns on my part, you played really well, but you won't get another game off me ;-)

Dekar: I was in for a real chance in that set but somehow managed to throw it. There won't be so many mistakes next time.

Sd: congrats on the win, you're looking more solid with every tournament.

Flog and Luke: your commentary might not be my thing but the look of disapproval on my face was due to the way I was playing.

Tyler_

Smash Rookie
Just gonna preface with this: It's a sign of a good day when you get to see Dekar run out of the venue with "I BEAT DEEZ!"

Shoutouts:

SD: What you said about IRL taunting just now, I'd like to apologise for laughing the way I did after I took that game. It was obvious everyone was just messing around at that point, and I guess I got a little caught up. Still, GGs, and thanks for giving me a proper taste of the Falco afterwards.

The Dr. Mario Brothers: Thanks for the games towards the end. That's probably the most positive mood I've been in after getting grabbed three times in a row, Hobs. And the other player, sorry I can't remember your name, but you can get freaking good man. The way you implemented my advice so damn quickly is a talent and skill so many people wish they could have. You'll go far if you keep playing good players and ask people for advice.

Dom: Putting up with my **** all day like always, and those few friendlies. Easily the most jank games I've ever had, never successfully crouched Link's grab before, good lord is it dumb. Your magic with the stream and whatnot helps everyone out a ton.

MGK: You are freaking good man, and you deserve that top 8 spot. Taking the set off Dread, however way you decide to say it, is amazing. I definitely could have seen our set going a different way if I didn't clutch out game 1. Can't wait for our Melee MM next month.

Jei: It's so freaking fun playing you, one person just gets in control for a stock and that's pretty much it. Momentum means so much but changes so quickly. I gotta fish for more footstools on Yoshi. Anyway, GGs for that and good luck with everything.

Hughie: God dammit, I swear to god, ****ing Christ. GGs. I hate Fox. Johns aside, you're really good at these games, and I was playing awfully. You deserved that win.

Matt G: I definitely see us going further in doubles, we were doing some really nice stuff. Thanks for giving me extra incentive to practice Melee, and don't beat yourself up over that airdodge. ****ing b-throwing guys into each other, damn you're good.

Dread: HOLY **** WTF THAT WAS INSANE! I'm gonna stop trash talking since you seem to get the opinion that I'm serious with it. I have nothing but the upmost respect for you as a player, and those really were anyone's games. There were some amazing moments from both of us during the set. The shield break, the DBZ that I totally wasn't salty about, etc.. I want to play with you aloooooooooot more from now on, sucks that you don't get many chances to play friendlies. You and Jamwa better be getting prepped for the crew battle.

Everyone who brought a PM setup: Thank you, we need more people like you.... Maybe around like 2-3 a month more should do it. Please.

If I've forgotten anyone specific, I apologise, but thanks to a great tourney to all.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Disrespect outside of game (laughing at/taunting people IRL) is not acceptable, but disrespect in game is fair play.
As you stated in a previous post, respect is earned - this applies to gameplay as well.
If you're not at a level where your opponent needs to take you seriously then you need to strive to reach that level.
Don't get bitter, get better.
It is tilting though, I remember when I started out in melee and CAOTIC and Bringer played Bowser/Yoshi against me and my brother for the lolz, so you know what we did? WE BEAT THEM and they picked their mains - that's how you make people respect your game.
At the end of the day, I was in the wrong and I realize that now, I intend on making it an isolated indecent, so I apologize for any issues I have cause everyone. Pride was just too damn high.
It was unsportsmanlike for me to not shake their hand, more so than the taunting and laughing.
@ mask1n mask1n @ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah I'm sorry.

S.D

Smash Master
SD: What you said about IRL taunting just now, I'd like to apologise for laughing the way I did after I took that game. It was obvious everyone was just messing around at that point, and I guess I got a little caught up. Still, GGs, and thanks for giving me a proper taste of the Falco afterwards.
ROFL I was laughing too bro, I think everyone was.
I coulda just grabbed ledge but Bu$ was all up in my **** about needing to finish fancy, got what I deserved for 'disrespect' of my own lol.
Much fun set.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
No phil has enough money, people need to pay me to TO, my subway empire needs to grow

@ Tyler_ Tyler_ you have nothing to be sorry about in regards to your trash talk. I was just worried you would let your ego get ahead of you and I didn't want you to get complacent, and you've obviously proved it yesterday that you don't take your newfound placing for granted.

@ S.D S.D It wasn't an exposing, I just showed you that you can't pick random characters against me. You still skull****ed me with fox anyway at the very last game. Though I did see tears in your pits eyes, them 3.5 mid tier gatekeeper tears. I feel that you just don't cope with pm jank as well as dekar does. Everytime something weird happens you have a puzzled look, which is understandable, pm is melee ez mode with added jank.

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
So Smash 4 is nearly in the 100's for entrants.... Thought it was gonna shrink o_o. Anyway apologies for the bracket guys, Didnt realise there was two lists. It worked out in the end anyway but I'll know for next time :). We'll probably be starting smash4 earlier now due to skyrocketing entrants. Thanks @Bijou for helping with bracket seeding and @joeyjoeyjoejoe for helping me fix the smash4 bracket before I died from stress. x_x Thanks for @ dreadtech dreadtech and other organisers for hosting another awesome tournament! Shoutouts for @ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah for doing a great job at the TO desk again! ****ing smashed it! :) Sorry for the death throw in doubles. :O

Also massive shoutouts for everyone bringing updated consoles ^_^. I honestly thought there was gonna be barely any setups updated but you all proved me wrong. Thanks again!

I think me and @ ViVa ViVa were probably too loud again so soz again about that. We have problems :O

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Guess I should make some real shoutouts~

@ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah : Need to work on our team synergy, but I still had a great time playing with you in Smash 4 doubles. Next time ease up on the charge shots! :p Also thanks heaps for the Smash 4 practice and giving me a lift to/from the venue - always appreciated.

@ Tyler_ Tyler_ : Super impressed with your Falco, and thanks for teaming with me! :) Just gotta iron out some kinks and I reckon we'll be a pretty solid doubles team. Looking forward to seeing you at Project Melbourne and BAM!

@Forte4Tei : ggs man; it's always exciting for me to bring sets back to a last game, last stock situation. Next time!

@xettman : This was your first CW tournament, right? Enjoyed having the pre-game conversation with you man, always good to see newer players excited about competing! Hope to see you at future tournaments, and please make it to BAM if you can. :p

@Jei Jei & @ Villyness Villyness : Got outplayed like hell, but still really enjoyed the sets against you two. :)

@Hobs_ : Next time I need to get some DK dittos in with you! Great fun to play against as always.

Overall I reckon I'm improving a fair bit at Smash 4, just need to get back on that Melee grind as well :p Had a lot of fun on Saturday, now to see if I can step it up for BAM!

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Mai turn.

@ mask1n mask1n : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlsi-cOOVyM&list=PLD18FF2F15FB6893B

@ dreadtech dreadtech : Thanks for the kind words, though @joeyjoeyjoejoe and @ Leisha Leisha are to be thanked for Smash 4 getting underway, I was very out of my comfort zone dealing with the initial storm surrounding the Smash 4 bracket. I'll be able to deal with the deep end better the next time after being thrust into it, though here's hoping that there isn't a next time. (=
(Also the only reason why I was at the TO desk for the majority of the day was because I tanked Smash 4 singles hard.)

@ Leisha Leisha and @ ViVa ViVa : That throw + Fludd combo was actually pretty hilarious. Certainly an entertaining finish to the set and I'd much rather go out laughing than any other way.

@ Villyness Villyness : Good to see you again. Next time force me to make time for a couple of friendlies, I miss them.

Extra : Holy. That is a mean G&W. One set was not enough time for me to come close to figuring out how to crack you. Good work.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
So Smash 4 is nearly in the 100's for entrants.... Thought it was gonna shrink o_o. Anyway apologies for the bracket guys, Didnt realise there was two lists. It worked out in the end anyway but I'll know for next time :). We'll probably be starting smash4 earlier now due to skyrocketing entrants. Thanks @Bijou for helping with bracket seeding and @joeyjoeyjoejoe for helping me fix the smash4 bracket before I died from stress. x_x Thanks for @ dreadtech dreadtech and other organisers for hosting another awesome tournament! Shoutouts for @ AzuraSarah AzuraSarah for doing a great job at the TO desk again! ****ing smashed it! :) Sorry for the death throw in doubles. :O

Also massive shoutouts for everyone bringing updated consoles ^_^. I honestly thought there was gonna be barely any setups updated but you all proved me wrong. Thanks again!

I think me and @ ViVa ViVa were probably too loud again so soz again about that. We have problems :O
As a melee lover and elitist, it's pretty damn short sighted if anyone tells you smash 4 will shrink anytime soon. DLC/patches is going to keep long term interest, and more and more players will become a part of the scene. Melee will be as solid as ever and PM will most likely resurge with 4.0 unless its another dud patch like 3.5 where no one is happy.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
As a melee lover and elitist, it's pretty damn short sighted if anyone tells you smash 4 will shrink anytime soon. DLC/patches is going to keep long term interest, and more and more players will become a part of the scene. Melee will be as solid as ever and PM will most likely resurge with 4.0 unless its another dud patch like 3.5 where no one is happy.
hahaha the only thing keeping smash 4 alive is its business model

S.D

Smash Master
I actually liked PM before this patch.
Now I just want it to go away.

Splice

Smash Hero
You can have Pit back if Chappos and I get MetaKnight back, deal?

Last edited:
Top Bottom