• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Gonna try come to the next monthy :3 I'll bring a few friends too. Would be good to finally see everyone again ^-^. It's been too long :/. Probably a new community all over again except for a few that still seem to be regulars :p

Also nice to see Venus kicking ass in the smash 4 tournaments <3

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
What suburb? If it's decently inland I could maybe swing by, I travel from Traralgon. Though I can't do Sunday tournaments so I'm not very reliable :/

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just another question while I'm here. Are all the tournamernts held in Brunswick now? Or is the venue held in different places from time to time?

Thanks.

I have my own car now so getitng to events shouldn't be an issue now. Unless work clashes with the day its held or something >.<

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
THIS IS TOTALLY NOT A LATE POST OF TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCES STUFF NOPE NOT AT ALL

anyway i had a blast at this, second tournament and i think i'm doing pretty well (BUT I MUST IMPRESS DEAN SENPAI AND BEAT V SOMEDAY) anyway shoutouts i guess? sure~

tree: really cool dude, was nice meeting you bro. that samus is such a nuisance on ferox l0l

dean: dean senpaiiiii pls notice meeeee. dean is asol a cool bro, sez funny things and stuff. still havent played you in a tourney set tho so like how will i truly impress my senpai if i dont?????

dreadtech: shiek is disgusting :> (but it's okay she got nerfed now i will never die wheeeee)

viva: wtf prism tower, just straight decided i didnt need to land on the stage. next time we play ill be damn sure not to pick that stage :p (or ever again for that matter l0l).

sarah: mii gunner can shoot itself in the face~ (thank god for blessed based flare blitz). shame about that sd in the first game though.

hyperkitty: ayyyy charizard dittos agogo~ fun set, was nice to see someone other than myself playing the dargon l0l

v: i have made it my goal to beat you in a tournament set, this means you are like eternal rival or something. congrats on winning both tourneys though!

ganondorf player dude: iunno your name but it always amuses me hearing about your woeful tales of fighting projectile spammers heh. (again thank god for blessed based flare blitz). hopefull y get to play you in a set next time and spam fireball cannon at you! :D

tux: rob is such a hard matchup for charizard imo, that gyroid straight stops any flare blitz or dragon rush shenanigans i try and pull off :p had some fun games though~

jei: we didnt get to play any games but you seem like a cool dude, and you recognised the carlos boozer thing so points for you (even if thats literally the only thing/ person i know about basketball :> )

i dont remember anyone else so if i played anyone else ggs~ looking forward to the next tournament, hopefully beat v in a set! (asol the pizza i had was awful burned crusts but uncooked egg how even do you manage that like what)

dont judge me for this being like 5 days late okay? okay~

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Boozer said:

ganondorf player dude: iunno your name but it always amuses me hearing about your woeful tales of fighting projectile spammers heh. (again thank god for blessed based flare blitz). hopefull y get to play you in a set next time and spam fireball cannon at you! :D
That would have been me. :p As much as I love ganondorf, projectiles are killer against him. I had to live up to my name and complain some more for lolz. Hopefully vs you next tourney! Battle of the beasts! Ganondorf vs Bowser!!!!! ^___^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Gonna try come to the next monthy :3 I'll bring a few friends too. Would be good to finally see everyone again ^-^. It's been too long :/. Probably a new community all over again except for a few that still seem to be regulars :p

Also nice to see Venus kicking *** in the smash 4 tournaments <3
Leisha!!! :D

I'm actually so salty I won't be in Australia for most of next year. I'll errr, come back at the end of 2015 and be that one guy everyone used to know... or something. :p

earla

Smash Lord
sup dean told me about this smash 4 invitational on sunday.

what time does that start and where?

thanks

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
sup dean told me about this smash 4 invitational on sunday.

what time does that start and where?

thanks
From the Facebook post:
"
COUCH WARRIORS SUPER SMASH BROTHERS WII U INVITATIONAL

Couch Warriors

In celebration of the Wii U Smash Brothers release will be holding a special tournament on bourke street with special invites going out to top placers, averaged out within the past 2 3ds tournaments.

This tournament will be NON Customs to eliminate hassle and unforeseen problems that may occur for Couch Warriors.

Prizes, Medals, and admiration/envy will be awarded to the top 3 placers.

The invite list is comprised of 16 players averaged under these guidelines:
- Non custom tournament for the November ranking battle has the most weight
- Only high placings in Couch warriors sponsored events count (October and November Ranking Battle)
Additionally, there will be invites to top Brawl players from the last 5 years

The tournament will be a 32 man with a 4v4 tournament compiled from these 32 entrants to start (for hype).
Out of the 32 placings, top seeded invites and Brawl top placers can sign up and be guaranteed entry.

The rest of the list can enter upon a first come first serve basis ONCE all the first spots have been filled. As long as top seeds and brawl top players enter before the tournament starts they will have priority, which is why first come first serve invites are purely up to whoever wants it more.

THE TOP PLAYER INVITES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
V
Viva
Venks
Dean
Big Boss (Attila)
Jei
Matt G
AzuraSarah
Dreadtech
Tux
Boozer
DD_
Dom
Timic
Edward
NickyBO

THE TOP BRAWL PLAYER INVITES ARE AS FOLLOWS
Splice
Tibs
Earl
Cobalt
Afropony
Ledge
Toshiba
Leisha
Chris Woo
Sebby

The First come first server invites are as follows
Atticus
Redact
Tree
MGK
Deez
Sadistic
Flog
Izzago
Hyes
Milton
Hyperkitty
Bee
Arthur
Zamo
Grennix
Boudag
Tyler
Moxie
Liam
Tak
Dreadtech Jr (John P Salt/Jason)

Assuming all 26 seeds have signed up, this leaves 6 spots to fill on the first come first serve list. Be aware we are capping at 32, there are no exceptions.
The Location and time of the event will be revealed soon, But keep Sunday 30th Free!
On behalf of Couchwarriors we hope to see you there to participate in this special event."

From the Facebook event page:
"Sunday 17:00. Moemall Cosplay and Hobby Shop, 422 Bourke St."

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
"4v4 exhibition tournament and a double elimination single 32 man bracket." starting from 7pm onwards in smash 4

you guys realise that doing this it will bare minimum run into like 2am on the monday right?

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
OP/FB event updated. Please note the WiiU stage list. If you have any concerns, please voice them now.

Also, instead of the traditional end of year janky tournaments, we are going with standard rulesets with PM and Melee. This is due to scheduling issues that comes with running 3 games (on two different types of monitor), the influx of new players and demand for standard rulesets from some players. Again, let me know if this is of concern.

With a lot of veterans going to Zeal, now more than ever do we need people to bring their set ups. Even if its just a gamecube controller adapter, any little thing helps.

Last edited:

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Yeah it was really hard to work out what stages were meant to be played on, 1am and I played on two different stage rulesets from our sets :/

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
So I'm a little tempted to see if I can make it, just to give it ago since I've never been to a tourney (and I don't consider myself that good but it's at least a way to learn), will be participating in the WiiU one if I can, but I just had a couple of questions:

1) I've only had a small look around in the links for any information, found a bit but not entirely sure, where exactly do I park if I wanted to drive there? I hear there's parking but I'm not sure where.

2) I haven't held a controller in quite a few years now, though I do have access to it (and I guess I can bring my old GC if needed), quite used to the 3DS controls now, would i be allowed to use it instead? (This would mean having to go through the 3DS menu and re-syncing it every match, I think, so it's understandable if you want to save time)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, can't wait to meet some of you guys if I'm able to get there.
Cheers for any answers.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
So I'm a little tempted to see if I can make it, just to give it ago since I've never been to a tourney (and I don't consider myself that good but it's at least a way to learn), will be participating in the WiiU one if I can, but I just had a couple of questions:

1) I've only had a small look around in the links for any information, found a bit but not entirely sure, where exactly do I park if I wanted to drive there? I hear there's parking but I'm not sure where.

2) I haven't held a controller in quite a few years now, though I do have access to it (and I guess I can bring my old GC if needed), quite used to the 3DS controls now, would i be allowed to use it instead? (This would mean having to go through the 3DS menu and re-syncing it every match, I think, so it's understandable if you want to save time)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, can't wait to meet some of you guys if I'm able to get there.
Cheers for any answers.
The venue itself has a carpark with about 20-30 parking spots outside the front door.

You will be permitted to use your 3DS controller but appreciate the time it takes to set it up and act accordingly.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yeah it was really hard to work out what stages were meant to be played on, 1am and I played on two different stage rulesets from our sets :/
the current stagelist:
YS BF DL SV PS2
GHZ YI WW SW FD

the objectively more balanced stagelist:
GHZ BF DL SV PS2
YS YI WW SW FD

sorry when i get back from SA should hopefully have this sorted out with Dom and we will be releasing the custom ISO with the appropriate Stage select screen.

blame Dom for not putting in the actual Project M hacks into the actual ISO he made when he came over to playtest the thing...

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
The venue itself has a carpark with about 20-30 parking spots outside the front door.

You will be permitted to use your 3DS controller but appreciate the time it takes to set it up and act accordingly.
Alright cheers for the answers. Will still bring another controller just incase.
However last thing I forgot last night was about signing up? I'm assuming I do it there when the doors open?

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Arrive at 12 if you want to enter everything. Alternatively, refer to schedule for events and arrive shortly before the one you want enter. We will announce tournament signs up at their corresponding times so you won't miss it.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
PM Stage list updated.

Starters
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land

Counters
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Wario Ware
  • Final Destination
  • Skyworld
  • Yoshi's Story

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
results from the wii u invitational on the 30th.
[collapse=Singles]
CouchWarriors Invitational - Wii U singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Tibs
$87.00
2nd
Toshiba
$43.50
3rd
Attila
$14.50
4th
Venks
5th
Earl
5th
Jei
7th
dean
7th
V
9th
Pride
9th
Dreadtech
9th
Splice
9th
Tux
13th
Chris
13th
AzuraSarah
13th
Edward
13th
Matt G
17th
Timic
17th
Liam
17th
Cobalt
17th
DD
17th
Hyes
17th
Deez
17th
Sadistic
17th
MGK
25th
Milton
25th
Boozer
25th
Jamwa
25th
Flow
25th
Dom
[/collapse]
[collapse=Quadles]
1: You'll be Nicks (Jei, Dean, Earl, Cobalt)
2: The Golden Quartet (Attila, Tibs, Splice, Dreadtech)
3: Smash Potato (V, Venks, AzuraSarah, Deez)
4: Azn (Pride, Chris, Toshi, Joey)
5: The Miserable ******** (Dom, Matt G, DD, Sadistic)
5: The Randoes (Timic, Milton, Tux, Edward)
7: The Heavies (MGK, Hyes, Boozer, Liam)
[/collapse]

Top Bottom