• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
heard there was a tournament on the 16th, any more info on this (venue, rules)?
CouchWarriors November ranbat

Date: 16th of November

Venue: 6 Davies Street Brunswick (same as last monthly)

Games: PM, Melee and Smash 4

Schedule of Tournaments:
12pm – 2pm - Melee Doubles
2pm – 5pm – Smash 3DS (Customs on)/Melee Singles
5:30pm – 8pm – Smash 3DS (Customs off)/PM Singles (3.5!)

Venue fee: 10 dollars

Tournament fee: 5 dollars per entry

Details and Facebook event to come once everything is confirmed

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Reminder to those who can't attend to follow the Official MelbourneMelee Twitter account: @MelbourneMelee to get live updates straight from the tourney.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well thanks to the magical future time device I have that has let me test it extensively before release, I can now determine that Project M 3.5 is a game

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Just some things about Sunday's tournament

Commentary
DD Codie AKA Noxus will be coordinating commentary this tournament. You need permission from either him or Max if you wish to commentate. Everyone is invited to give it a go, granted your games are finished and your language is in check.

However, as a reward for their efforts, priority will be given to those who bring their set ups.
Please, bring your stuff to speak your guff.

Twitter
@Melbournemelee is our official twitter for updates and results of tournaments here in Melbourne. PCG will be directing the twitter. Please either let him know in person, or tweet @Melbournemelee and PCG will be sure to re/tweet results, upsets, surprise attendances or basically anything Bu$ does.

TO team
Dekar and Dreadtech will be the main TOs this tournament. Izzago will be assistant TO. As mentioned, Codie and PCG will be helping out in a big way. Please give these people the respect they deserve.

PM 3.5
Please update your PM set ups to 3.5 when it becomes available on Saturday. We will provide a means to update at the tournament as well.

Ruleset and Schedule updated in the OP.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
@Melbournemelee is our official twitter for updates and results of tournaments here in Melbourne. Hughie will be directing the twitter. Please either let him know in person, or tweet @Melbournemelee and Hughie will be sure to re/tweet results, upsets, surprise attendances or basically anything Bu$ does.
Regarding this, as I have exams nearing I might not be able to attend so someone else may managing the twitter. In that case I or Joey will let you know who that is.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
How esprotz are we actually in australia?
We have been approached by Couch Warriors to utilise their connection with New Game Plus in terms of delivering our digital content. We are still unsure what direction to take, whether to go with them or alone, but either way, it wouldn't hurt to keep options open by keeping it clean.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
We have been approached by Couch Warriors to utilize their connection with New Game Plus in terms of delivering our digital content. We are still unsure what direction to take, whether to go with them or alone, but either way, it wouldn't hurt to keep options open by keeping it clean.
Aren't NG+ the same guys who screwed our stream over at BAM?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Aren't NG+ the same guys who screwed our stream over at BAM?
The very same.

I've since talked to them about the event and got something of an apology. Perhaps more importantly though, they have a lot to gain from smash 4 content, and would only be harming their own business by not showing up or being unprofessional.

As such, I think we can trust them again. Maybe.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
I just think that our scene would benefit more from less serious commentary, especially because doing a good esports job is hard and then we end up with people who don't belong alone on the mic. No offense to fudge (I believe) but he shouldn't have been solo commentating. He needs time to get to know everyone. If me and miles could shoot the **** I'd be keen to commentate, but I'm not keen on esports style stuff

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
The purpose of commentary at monthlies is to find new talent as well as develop whatever stocks we have so far. Thus we've been trying to give everyone a fair go to get on and get better. The success story that is Moxie and Cup is direct result of this.

A positive by-product of this is we get to explore different styles of commentary. So by all means, bring your own natural style and we'll see if it works or it doesn't. If it does, you stay on and if it doesn't, refine and try again next monthly.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
A bit of a late post, but I just wanted to say to everyone I caught up with while I was in Melbourne that it was great to see you all!

Forte and Atticus, it was great to play you guys in an (albeit unusual) tournament setting at PAX. @ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy , thanks for hosting a meet at yours while myself and Nonco were in town! @Hardpelicn , @Splice , @Noxus , @ dreadtech dreadtech and the rest, thanks for making me remember just how much better the average player is in Victoria compared to Queensland. It's really inspiring to visit you guys when you come from a smaller community like we have in Queensland.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at ZEAL, MW2, SS6 and BS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom