• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Dekar289

Smash Hero
please do bring the laptop max, we'll use yours since it's the biggest and beefiest

thanks guys

S.D

Smash Master
I have recording stuff but i dont wanna use it unless i have to. I also have an avermedia capture i've never opened i can bring if someone has a HD they can bring along can record to that??

Meredy

The Busterina
I'd be willing to lend it to you (or anyone else) for the uploads. I don't need it for anything and my speeds are absolute rubbish.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
should do if you're happy to do uploads afterwards. Be warned i have nfi how the avermedia works but im sure it can recrod straight to hd.
So I'm guessing it'll be tricky/inefficient to get commentary with that as well? (I'm not sure how it works either)

If anyone else is willing to bring a typical recording set up, now is the time to let us know. I'm sure Max will be happy to set it up that Melbourne melee overlay and bring his snowball mic.

S.D

Smash Master
I have the necessary gear to record, but my upload speed is awful and my desire to plough through vids is ZERO. I'll bring my avermedia stuff and we can test/play around with it.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I'm always happy to parse through the vids to get them on youtube, re-stream etc.
But I can't bring ANY capture device this time.

Does anyone in Melb have a 3ds with a capture card?

Splice

Smash Hero
banelings isn't even on that list Jamwa that means it's illegal, you can't use it.

I'm boycotting this tournament coz all PM and no Melee doubles makes it a dull experience.
plus I have to skip at least one tournament this year so it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard.

S.D

Smash Master
I'll confirm whether FMS Kenny is coming or not, though I think he isn't so can team Jamie.

EDIT: Kenny confirmed not coming so can team with JAMWA

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
banelings isn't even on that list Jamwa that means it's illegal, you can't use it.

I'm boycotting this tournament coz all PM and no Melee doubles makes it a dull experience.
plus I have to skip at least one tournament this year so it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard.
Dude you won't trick any one. We all know how hard you try

Dekar289

Smash Hero
unless a team of armada/armada (or better yet, armada/dreadtech) is entering, then me and my SECRET TEAMMATE will 100% be winning this PM doubles event

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i refuse to attend/run any tournaments where teaming with lvl9 computers (especially luigi) is banned. goodbye aus smash scene

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Good tournament, we got through everything fairly quickly cnosidering the lack of setups.

OMG SKELETOM def DEKAR 3-0 LF

Get around it. Pease on earth.

Izzago

Had a blast today. Finally got that elusive set I'd been chasing since January. Won once in PM, three times in Melee and took a game off Skeletom in Melee (probably needed to warm up?).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
posting this for history's sake
thanks to joey, brawl did run. It got 6 entrants, some of which were DQ'd. Tak went 0 and 2, losing to Chris (aka Amaterasu) twice and finished 3rd. He won $3 for this effort.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Melee Singles:
1: SD poor ni**a
2: Skeletom
3: DekR
4: Cool Shirtz | joey
5: Tak
5: codie noxus
7: Matt G
7: Azri
9: Max
9: aggromidget
9: Forte
9: jei
13: meredyse
13: JKTS
13: Jamwa
13: Pcg
17: Juci
17: Izzago
17: Miles
17: DD
17: Downer
17: Tux
17: tOMO009
17: Slamdunk
25: MGK
25: hyes
25: Scribble
25: duck
25: Fudge
25: Sadistic
25: Naga
25: macky
33: XXXX
33: Hyperkitty
33: Flog
33: Tabs
33: OLAF
33: swords
33: WillF
49: JL
49: Dwayne

PM Singles:
1: DekR
2: SD
3: Jamwa
4: Matt G
5: Codie
5: Forte
7: MGK
7: Hyes
9: Chris
9: Tak
9: naga
9: jei
13: Drop
13: Danog
13: Fudge
13: Tux
17: Izzago
17: Tabs
17: Tommy
17: Tomo009
17: Swords
17: Meredyse
17: DD
17: Sadistic
25: Slamdunk
25: JKTS
25: Hyperkitty
25: WillF
25: Golden Rain
25: Korky
25: Trill
25: Peter
33: duck
33: Drill
33: XXXX

PM Dubz:
1: Sailors (Jamwa + SD)
2: Doesn't matter (Chris + Forte)
3: Pirates (Dekar + Danog)
4: TEAM DOOF (Tak + Tommy)
5: Betas of Speed (Fudge + Matt G)
5: Stream team 20xx (Joey + Max)
7: 20 eggs eggs (Jei + Naga)
7: For joey (Hyes + Cody)
9: Doctors of Obese Cuteness (Drop + tabs)
9: Presidents (Sadistic + JKTS)
9: Blitz of the Babies (korky + Peter)
9: Salty Kinsmen (DD + Tomo)
13: flowanders (flow + anders)
13: The cronometers (Tux + Dee)
13: Bells (Snake + banny)
13: miacis (meredyse + swords)
17: Trouble of the Workers (Hyperkitty + MGK)
17: Jeremy and the boys (Babey + Trill)
17: Drunc Duuck (XXXX + duck)
17: (Leith + cody)

Brawl:
1: Jei
2: Dr Chris
3: Tak
4: Tabs
5: Olaf
5: Sonthor

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
First of all, thanks for everyone for making this a relatively easy and fun first tournament to co TO - wubs all round. Special thanks for Dekar for showing me the ropes, and Skeletom who just did my job for me.

According to Daniel from CW, the next Couch Warriors will be at the Brunswick Venue on the 18th of October.

Also, I hear there will be an RMIT tourney this Friday the 26th.

One more thing, a 3DS charger with a grey tag with "ARK TESTING" on it was left behind. Please PM me if its yours.

Oh, I've also gone ahead and created a twitter account for MelbourneMelee. Will post all upcoming events, results and all that stuff, so get on that if thats your thing.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts to azri and mgk, relative newcomers surprising many with 7th in their respective games

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Melee Singles:
3: Pirates (Dekar + Danog)
aww yeah I guessed your teammate correctly, I ****ing KNEW IT was Danog
so smart, genius

Jamwa places even with PCG top kek
17th place Miles regularly makes money of 5th place Codie, big contrast in placing pretty crazy.
No bracket images? Bracket images are the best man :(

Top Bottom