• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jamwa

Smash Champion
FOW AND MEKOS

but yeh Donkey kongs and marths grab release into a regrab should be banned for fairness imo, but not the grab release into smash.
not sure this will ever happen here, ive seen it banned on some youtube games

ViVa

Smash Ace
Does Victoria even care enough about doubles to ban MK? We don't even have a pot for it most of the time lol. Doesn't seem like it's necessary.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Hi again!

Wow yeah I messed up the ruleset pretty bad lol. Will fix naoz.

Sorry Earl, I was pretty anti-ban until we had that conversation in QLD. The decision will be made VERY soon I promise. I mean in a couple of days tops.

If MK isn't banned in Singles, he won't be banned in doubles. Double MK on the other hand will need to be looked into. Any infinites like the ones mentioned will be limited of course, I'll put that in the OP too.

Things like grab release to regrab is simply just a hard counter. I don't think banning that will be happening.
This thread just needed to be made guys. Debates are fine but don't jump to conclusions as this thread is obviously not accurate. Listen to the girl person (Leisha).

earla

Smash Lord
debate has to happen before confirming a ruleset obviously.

what j? im 100% anti ban. i was simply considering training another charin melb if the rest of aus was going to continue banning mk.

mk's the best, of course his going to be played the most. his metagame is miles ahead.

it's definately worth checking out japan and europes opinion on doubles.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
If people bring a TV and setup do they still have to pay the venue fee? Just wondering if it's like the tourney in Jan when I brought a TV and only had to pay for brawl singles.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
can we have a top 10 listing of all the metaknight doubles results in australia?
this argument is crap.

just because something that could be a problem isn't yet a problem, doesn't mean that we shouldn't ban it. and just because something isn't yet a problem, that doesn't make it not gay.

we don't have problems with ics chaingrabbing over 300% (despite the fact that chaingrabbing to infinite is actually impossible; regrabs can't be done after around 700%), but we ban it anyway, because it could happen, and it would be really gay if it did.

we also ban things that were never really tested, like 75m, on the presumption that it would be gay.

i dont see why doubles is different.

we can see that mk is potentially overcentralizing in doubles play. we can see that mk is by far the best option in doubles, in all situations. we have statistics to back this up. just because earl + random can't beat myself and tibs, doesn't mean that mk in doubles is not unfair.

Does Victoria even care enough about doubles to ban MK? We don't even have a pot for it most of the time lol. Doesn't seem like it's necessary.
this is a much better argument, and something i dont feel that i can respond to.

debate has to happen before confirming a ruleset obviously.

what j? im 100% anti ban. i was simply considering training another charin melb if the rest of aus was going to continue banning mk.

mk's the best, of course his going to be played the most. his metagame is miles ahead.

it's definately worth checking out japan and europes opinion on doubles.
worth mentioning that mk/mk teams are banned in japan, even though they don't take doubles seriously.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
how is, 'we dont care' a much better arguement then 'it doesnt happen therefore its not a problem'

respond to this

Attila_

BRoomer
@earl: suinoko posted it on his Facebook immediately after apex.

@luke: not being a problem isn't an issue, otherwise we would never have discussed banning him in singles in the first place. Mk being mk, being good in singles but broken in doubles, is, however, a potential reason for banning him.

Unless people don't care enough to actually discuss it.

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
ban mk in doubles before its to late.
we waited for a ban in singles which was waaaay overdue (stupid shaya) and now everyone is unsure about it.
dont wait to ban like the bbr.

Splice

Smash Hero
earl + random can't beat myself and tibs, doesn't mean that mk in doubles is not unfair.
I'm a random?

well **** you too

Also who knows if Snake and Diddy will be a big problem when we ban MK for they may likely be the next 2 best characters after MK is gone (well I know Diddy will).
This could be very gay so if we ban MK, we must also ban Diddy before we allow him to become dominant because that would be very gay. Also; I'm serious. We haven't seen MK make a big uprising and dominant in Australia (major wise; i know SA have had times when they have heaps of MKs but do any of them make it out of pools at majors? lol). We have Earl and Ledge. You could count scott in NSW too. We have about the same amount of Diddys and with MK banned Diddy will be the new gay and can reign as hard as MK. I only support the MK ban if you ban Diddy too because you're just allowing a different character to dominate, you're not stopping the domination by any means.

You propose to ban MK because he has potential to be gay, and the only thing that stops Diddy from this is characters who stay in the air heaps. When you ban MK all that's left is Wario and he shouldn't actually be able to penetrate Diddys zone. According the matchup chart, Diddy only has one bad matchup now, Snake. Not to mention currently, without MK banned, Diddy already wins harder than MK.

In addition, we can already see this being catalysted in America; in MK legal tournaments, Diddy and Snake together are second most succesful/popular. With MK banned, he benefits more than Snake (who has olimar and stuff to deal with still) guess where Diddy would be? Yeah you know it. Top. Considering our situation he would dominate harder than if we let our tiny bundle of MKs go untamed, because we have Diddys and if you ban MK I'm also totally using Diddy (except against Attila) coz those were the only two reasons I didn't pick up Diddy in 2010. Even without my addition its plain to see.

If you use logic like that to ban MK then by extension you must ban Diddy Kong Attila.
There's no way around it, just like Diddy's defensive ability.

This applies to doubles and singles, except the MU chart example is clearly only singles related as you cannot apply that so directly to doubles.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
since this is the first monthly of the year, in a new venue, we will only be doing the main 4, singles and doubles for brawl and melee. potential amateur bracket depending on setups and how smoothly everything runs etc.

Attila_

BRoomer
silly. splice, i dont want mk banned in singles. i want him banned in doubles. the vast majority of that rant means nothing to me.

and i said 'earl + random' because he always seems to team with someone different (yourself, nicks, dean, etc).

Splice

Smash Hero
silly. splice, i dont want mk banned in singles. i want him banned in doubles. the vast majority of that rant means nothing to me.

and i said 'earl + random' because he always seems to team with someone different (yourself, nicks, dean, etc).
The majority of it can apply to both actually, only the diddy part was really specific.
I was responding to Jei as well as you on the issue.

Just because a lot of it doesnt apply to you though, doesn't mean the bits that did apply can be ignored if you just say "it doesn't all apply to me so the arguments that you did make that do apply don't need to be responded to" good work Attila.

AND
Why do you insult me by calling me silly? What the **** dude
/lolimtryingtobeswordsaint

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
omfg i just remembered i promised id babysit my cousins on the 31st march, fkkkkk.

ill see what i can do but godammit zzz

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
I might not come to this, I've quit this ****ed up game.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Thats too bad. Brawl is a pretty dumb game sometimes so its understandable. Maybe try Melee? ionno.

Depending on how money goes, I might run a little side tournament with a couple of prize coupons or something. Not sure what the ruleset will be like though, probably more of a silly fun style. But yeah... Maybe.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer uh more like depending on setups and time... let's just aim for singles/doubles for brawl/melee
first time at this venue after all

Nido

ily Sebby
I'm particularly interested in challenging the better players there for the lulz

ViVa

Smash Ace

Dekar289

Smash Hero
looking forward to the newer players becoming the pros by the end of the year

Top Bottom