• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Palutena is heavier but also seems to have been buffed (finally) at the same time!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The knockback on Link's dthrow has been changed, I think. It looks like it can legitimately combo into utilt now.

Grab also seems longer.

:059:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If the whole specials thing is true on edges, wouldn't it be a big nerf to pikachu?
It seems Pikachu can't QAC anymore, so that's sort of a nerf!
edit: maybe not, ask a real pikachu player for this. I was able to do the Battlefield cancel thing so yeah

Can also confirm Kirby can no longer "Quick Stone" slide off edges, because of this universal "B moves no longer slide off edges like they could before" thing going on. :/ pretty lame universal change, when they could instead change stuff like meteors being teched on the ground :mad: (has anyone tested those?)

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The knockback of Sonic's up smash seems to have been slightly nerfed, as it's killing about 10-15% later than I remember it doing. Can someone else confirm if this is the case or if I'm misremembering its KO percents?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Does the edge special thingy mean that DK will no longer SD if he punches a shielding character while he's at the edge of the stage?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If the whole specials thing is true on edges, wouldn't it be a big nerf to pikachu?

Also I heard somewhere about Yoshi Dthrow being different, anyone confirm? Or any Yoshi changes besides the edge universal nerf.
going to try and test yoshi stuff shortly, soon as the update finishes
though if tongue doesn't slide off edges anymore i'll prob just get upset and shut the game off tbh

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DK's ftilt no longer whiffs at poit blank range. Fsmash still does however.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
This seems like placebo.
Trust me, it's not. MK's F-Tilt range was THAT bad in 1.0.7. Roughly half the sword trail was active in 1.0.7. The range was very much increased. I'm using my 1.0.7 3DS to compare 1.0.8 Wii U.

F-Tilt 2 still has bad range but F-Tilt is much better than it was.

Last edited:

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
It seems Pikachu can't QAC anymore, so that's sort of a nerf!
edit: maybe not, ask a real pikachu player for this. I was able to do the Battlefield cancel thing so yeah

Can also confirm Kirby can no longer "Quick Stone" slide off edges, because of this universal "B moves no longer slide off edges like they could before" thing going on. :/ pretty lame universal change, when they could instead change stuff like meteors being teched on the ground :mad: (has anyone tested those?)
I can comfirm Pikachu an still QAC, the timing feels stricter but it could be placeboo, I've been testing damage and there all the same as before. Heavy skull bash might be nerfed..Still testing that..

Last edited:

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Please someone else check that I'm not placebo-ing, but it feels like Luigi's Down Throw no longer has set knockback and scales now. I've heard this from other people as well.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Trust me, it's not. MK's F-Tilt range was THAT bad in 1.0.7. Roughly half the sword trail was active in 1.0.7. The range was very much increased. I'm using my 1.0.7 3DS to compare 1.0.8 Wii U.

F-Tilt 2 still has bad range but F-Tilt is much better than it was.
What about down smash?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seems like they removed some minor bug with Wario's bike. If Wario got hit by something after jumping off the bike it would cause the bike to change direction all of a sudden. I could not reproduce this after the update.

The character looks unchanged other than that.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Palutena still seems to be lighter than Diddy Kong and heavier than Marth, so I don't think that her weight stat has changed.

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Luigis dthrow has always scaled with percent. Not sure why people thought it was set knockback, I can still do all the same combos

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Luma's uair now sweetspots, doing significant knockback on startup. I'm no RL main, so someone needs to confirm that this hasn't always been the case
always been the case

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can comfirm Pikachu an still QAC, the timing feels stricter but it could be placeboo, I've been testing damage and there all the same as before. Heavy skull bash might be nerfed..Still testing that..
I have no problems doing QAC. The only way the ledge stuff effects Pikachu is he doesn't fly off the edge with running thunder. Heavy Skull Bash doesn't seem any different. Still a beast kill move at point blank.

RODO

Smash Ace
I have no problems doing QAC. The only way the ledge stuff effects Pikachu is he doesn't fly off the edge with running thunder. Heavy Skull Bash doesn't seem any different. Still a beast kill move at point blank.
The platform cancels don't feel different to you?

Waroh

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.Waroh
Seems like they removed some minor bug with Wario's bike. If Wario got hit by something after jumping off the bike it would cause the bike to change direction all of a sudden. I could not reproduce this after the update.

The character looks unchanged other than that.

Still happens. I always test with a bumper item and jump off of the bike into it. It has to hit him pretty early in the bike jump.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
Yeah it already feels the same again..sorry for spreading misinformation ^.^;

Spydreigon

Smash Rookie
NNID
spydreigon
Any changes to Sonic? I'm glad they're buffing a bunch of characters but I need to know if something happened to Sonic.

MURP

Smash Rookie
Please someone else check that I'm not placebo-ing, but it feels like Luigi's Down Throw no longer has set knockback and scales now. I've heard this from other people as well.
It has never had set knockback. Stop spreading misinformation.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I'm going to mostly copy my post from the Marth general thread/Marth changes thread:

MARTH

So Jab 1 does 1 less damage non tipper and tip, but leads to everything. Whether you want to true combo it to jab 2, or bait an air dodge, maybe get some Utilt, or idk tipper FSMASH, grab, Usmash true combos at kill percents....

Utilt is stronger tipper and non tipper, and looking at the animation, Utilt is less laggy, somewhere between 37-39 frames it seems rather than 42. Utilt used to kill Marth on an Omega stage in the mid to high 140s (Wii U), now it kills Marth at 127%!!! on an Omega stage (Wii U). Trust me, I know EVERYTHING about pre-patch Marth/Marth in general.

All aerials probably have the same knockback. Same damage, horrible autocancel, and landing lag except Nair. Nair seems to have less landing lag when compared to Uair landing lag. There seems to be a bigger difference between the 2.

It's true, jab 2 doesn't connect after 100% even though the animation looks like it should (hate that). However, above 100, if you got tipper jab 1, and wait just a little bit, you can get tipper jab 2 still a true combo. But this isnt too important, you want to kill them at high percents, so just use jab 1 into something else. At low percents both jabs work perfect thats all I need

It seems you can get jab 2 earlier, like maybe input after frame 18ish instead of 20

OMG, I am loving this. Jab 1 to tipper Fsmash is DABOMB

ANOTHER Utilt change, the body hitbox (the one that does 5%), now sends them upwards. I hate that, it used to send them horizontal (off stage)

At first I thought Dolphin Slash had better range for the 11% hitbox but I mostly doubt it, it's probably the same strength too, hard to tell. Possible that it's stronger.

Grab range is exactly the same

Dsmash, unfortunately is exactly the same

Uthrow is exactly the same

Ftilt is exactly the same

Dtilt is exactly the same

Fsmash, same

Usmash, same

can no longer jab lock with jab. GRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad:

Can't do 2 aerials in a short hop. Like I said, aerials are the same.

Seems like Dancing Blade is the same.

Shield breaker seems the same

Throws seem the same. I got Fthrow to Fair to combo on Marth at 50%, that's normal I believe with no DI

Dash attack is the same

Fair still doesn't have a frame 5 hitbox (above Marth) even though the animation still looks like it does

The back hit of Utilt combos into Uair!!

Think I have proof that nair has less landing lag. First hit of tipper Nair combos into Utilt well before 100%. It wasnt like that before

THIS IS WEIRD: Marth moves forward while doing Utilt!! Did he do that before? I would have noticed. They have to be consecutive Utilts.

LUCINA:

All Marth changes apply to her

Lucina sometimes say "ha" while doing up B

Lucina's Ftilt now does somewhere between 10.51% and 10.99%, up from 9.97%

With Utilt back to it's Brawl glory (not Melee though, that was broken) and the best jab Marth has ever had (LIKE SERIOUSLY THIS JAB 1 CAN PUT YOU IN FOX JAB SITUATIONS), Marth was once again buffed and in my opinion he can hold a candle to Roy. People have been saying otherwise.

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
can confirm MK's ftilt2 and 3 are muuch better range-wise, dsmash also feels slightly improved but could be placebo on the dsmash, ftilt is very noticable though

yoshi i b-reversed a neutral-b, didn't slide off a battlefield plat, and got upset, so no idea what changes made to yoshi

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Palutena is heavier but also seems to have been buffed (finally) at the same time!
Palutena is the same weight, Marth's now extremely powerful Utilt kills Palutena before it kills Marth. She is still lighter than him.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
Changes I can confirm using 1.0.7 3DS & 1.0.8 Wii U:
:4metaknight:
-F-Tilt 3 received a big Knock-back buffs, it KOs now
-F-Tilt 3's ending lag was reduced from 30~ frames to 20~ frames
-Jab has less ending lag. Reduced from 30~ frames to 24~ frames.

:4charizard:
-Up-Throw knock-back was drastically increased, it KOs off the top
-Down-throw knock-back was drastically decreased, turning it into a combo setup throw
Is Charizard's back air still the same? Heard it was faster or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom