• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Can someone confirm these changes for Falco?
  • Up-aerial does 10% instead of 11%. Sends almost completely vertically if hit with the middle hitbox.
  • Down-aerial no longer meteor smashes grounded opponents, instead sends them up.
  • Neutral-aerial links together reliably. 12% > 11%.

Last edited:

Scr7

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scr7ven
I can confirm these up air, down air, and neutral air changes for Falco, also forward air is noticeably faster

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Also, the landing hit of Falco's front air attack deals 3% instead of 5%.

Kenturo

Smash Cadet
I realize I've never posted here, but hopefully this being my intro post is irrelevant.
I'm having a lot of difficulty TrEgging with Yoshi (Dash, shield onto edge, egg throw to fall onto the ledge), and by that I mean I have not gotten it to work once. I'm wondering if anyone else can corroborate this?
I think it is a system change because mii gunner can no longer slide off the edge with any of his specials anymore

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Falco can no longer lock with his sweetspoted down air at low %

Last edited:

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Marth's jab now sends enemies to a different angle, if you want any confirmation, look here.
For reference, 1.08 is on the 3DS, while 1.07 is on the Wii-U. Notice the combo number too; on the 3DS jab 1 to 2 registers as a true combo!

I got some KO percentage buff at the very least on u-tilt, as a tipper can kill CF at 150% (just a random number I inputted and potentially not the max) while it couldn't previously. This is on training mode so no rage mode either. Going to upload footage of that soon.
its dangerous to compare kill % from the 2 different versions (3ds and wiiU)! As far as i know, the blastboxes are different in the different versions!

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Some Falco changes I've noticed early on:

Up air 10% (original 11%)
N air 11% (original 12%) and it keeps opponents in better like it should
F air animation is faster and can cut a lot of landing lag (not all) if he hits with it.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The second hit of Falco's neutral aerial deals 2% damage instead of 3%.

The sourspot of Kirby's side smash attack when it is angled upward deals 12% instead of 13%.

The repeating hits of Meta Knight's jab deals 1.2% instead of 1% and the last hit of his side tilt attack deals 4% instead of 3%.

The sweetspot and sourspot hitbox locations of Zelda's neutral air have switched places, so it deals more damage in front of her.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
From the Falco patch history thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-patch-history.375247/page-3#post-19411602.
Changes noted by me:

Nair: 12% to 11%. It might have changes to hit angle, as in the weak hits are autolink, allowing it connect better like Zelda's Nair.

Fair: 8% to 9%. It might be faster, but we'll have to wait for someone with two systems.

Fair landing: 5% to 3%.

Uair: 11% to 10%. Both sweet-spot and sour-spot.
Fair apparently can do 14% if it hits with both the landing hit and final aerial hit. I haven't checked
cant confirm for nair, but what they did to dair... dair into dair is now possible follow up... it may even have combo potential with dthrow

EDIT : there is something weird with fair, I did like all aerial hits and the final hit on the ground on Samus, which made 17% damage
Lasers from both bthrow and uthrow dont seem to miss their target anymore at high percent,
upair is coming out faster
can someone confirm ?

EDIT 2 : I managed to get upair into 1st jab as a 2 hit combo, same with upair into utilt, here is our new approach tool...
woah that Fair thing is true.
does 8% normally but if you get all hits in it does 14% instead gnarly!
Last hit of Fair used to do 5% now it does 4% but something about it makes it do 14%
Unconfirmed: Fair, Uair, and perhaps Dair hit frame changes. Jab IASA changes, Blaster end lag, etc. It's been a while since I played, though, but the guys over there think Fair and Uair might be faster, but that could all be placebos. Falco's U- and B-throw lasers haven't been confirmed to "home" or be accurate at higher percentages either.

Overall: Nerfed and damage rearranged for aerials - Fair's landing hit I think is 1% stronger than the 3DS's release, but 3% weaker than after the 3DS patch and now 2% weaker than pre-patch. This assumes that no changes have been made to hit frames. So, if Uair is just 1% weaker and still a frame 10 hit, it's been nerfed slightly, but if it's frame 9 now, then it's buffed in terms of speed and nerfed in damage which more or less counters each other.

For Ike, yes, his Dash Attack's stronger. The sweet-spot is 14% instead of 10%, the sour-spot is 11% instead of 8%, and the late hit does 9% instead of 5%. Cool, it's now a more useful move for Ike.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yoshi can no longer slide off plattforms and stages with upB. much like the downB treatment he has been given in the first patch.
why taking away Yoshis dynamic.. this is sad..

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
CONFIRMED

Zelda can no longer Love Boost

Zelda's Usmash has a high KB buff

The front of her nair does more damage and hitstun while the back does less

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I can confirm the egg toss slide off edges being removed.
I'm losing my love for this character right now...

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Can confirm that Bowser bombing foes offstage will still result a in Sudden Death still when it's 1 vs 1 stock.

Though Rosalina and Yoshi have seemed to possibly survive more times than not.

Last edited:

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
It looks like there was an entire system change. The characters used to be able to slide around on the edges of the stage, but can no longer do that anymore.

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
About the edge sliding change, could anyone test MK and Falcon dash grabbing to pummel near the edge, that made both character fall?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
It looks like there was an entire system change. The characters used to be able to slide around on the edges of the stage, but can no longer do that anymore.
Hence why Ness and Lucas just STOP as soon as they up B and can't thunderslide

D

Deleted member

Marth's first hit of jab now lifts the opponent up slightly higher, because of this it is extremely difficult to reset a floored opponent.

Go test it for yourselves.

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
Dedede now has a hitbox in the front of his Usmash, which contiunes all the way around.

Falco's dair now has more active frames to spike, making it easier to hit.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Captain falcons dashgrab close to the ledge wont make both characters fall off the ledge anymore ( damn shame since, you could follow that up with a knee or dair).

something weird that makes me question if this was intentional is that if you continue to spam pummels (in a situation where you both would've fallen off last patch), none of the pummels will do damage, and the character being grabbed clips weirdly in to falcons player model. Maybe i've described it poorly. I'll upload a video example if that's the case.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I got some KO percentage buff at the very least on u-tilt, as a tipper can kill CF at around 150% while it couldn't previously. This is on training mode so no rage mode either. Going to upload footage of that soon.
Just footage confirming this statement I made earlier. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom