• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

So what you're saying is that the game will be completely forgettable? Because at least the other game is so bad that it'll be put into the annals of history. How can we forget Knuckles' Rising Tackle and Double Jump glitch?

If this game has controls, but has awful levels, it'll simply be another run-of-the-mill license game.
Well, after the disaster known as Rise of Lyric I wouldn't be surprised if people forgot about it after minutes of release. Shattered Crystal was still bad, but "better." Glitches were its only saving grace.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
NO
NOT AGAIN
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wasnt the first 3DS game ok? Sonic Boom is now in this wierd place where half of people will say everything with its name is **** because of the WiiU game, and the other half will assume its good because of the cartoon. And then the two will clash. And in the end everywone will be sad.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I love how everyone calls a game trash when it isn't even out yet. Classy

At least wait till the game game is out to say if its bad or not, jeez
I thought we agreed that fanboy logic was to whine over a game you never played/isn't even out yet?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"What do you get when you mix fire with ice?"
Um... Water. You get water in it's liquid state....
Did these guys have basic chemistry classes?.
And a little bit of smoke too. Never forget Smoke, he's the gray Ninja.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyways, to be serious about that Sonic game, if it's actually decent, all the more power to it. I'm not interested enough in the game or Boom spin-off series to care too much.

D

Deleted member

A minor update: I finally got the right shading color for the icon. Lightened up the base colors too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually it's steam. Smoke is resultant of the reaction between the oxigen and the combustible material.
Well...true, but no need for schematics.

no...no its not but whatever
You don't think the Wii-U Sonic Boom game was garbage? Because boring combat, a dreadfully boring muscial score, poorly made "speed sections" and glitches that rival Sonic 06. I think that's a cocktail for an awful game.

If you mean the 3DS one, I would agree, it's not that horrible. Mediocre at best, but not horrid.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Ad when did I say this?

stop being a child
It's best to play the game before judging
Oh, I thought you were talking about Rise of Lyric not being bad instead of the "worrying" part.
Still, I couldn't care less about the game since Im not buying, but making a sequel to Sonic Boom is a stupid move.
Why not make another Sonic game? One that we actually want.
One that is not "2 ambeetious"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You don't think the Wii-U Sonic Boom game was garbage?
Well I didn't say that
Oh, I thought you were talking about Rise of Lyric not being bad instead of the "worrying" part.
Still, I couldn't care less about the game since Im not buying, but making a sequel to Sonic Boom is a stupid move.
Why not make another Sonic game? One that we actually want.
One that is not "2 ambeetious"
So you are saying people didn't want a 2nd 3DS Sonic Boom game? because that sounds stupid to think because Im sure some people did want it

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Eh, looks ok. The brand has a bad name because of the Wii U game. Other than that, cartoon is good and its selling merchandise. People still treat this as if its the main series. Yeah, its bad, but it doesn't affect the main franchise. Looking at the gameplay, it seems to be standard stuff. Nothing special, and will be forgotten (maybe).

Doesn't mean I'll still call it out if it looks stupid. Honestly, what gameplay from that footage looks bad to you?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Eh, looks ok. The brand has a bad name because of the Wii U game. Other than that, cartoon is good and its selling merchandise. People still treat this as if its the main series. Yeah, its bad, but it doesn't affect the main franchise. Looking at the gameplay, it seems to be standard stuff. Nothing special, and will be forgotten (maybe).

Doesn't mean I'll still call it out if it looks stupid. Honestly, what gameplay from that footage looks bad to you?
Didn't the gameplay footage from Sonic Boom also look good until we played it and it was revealed it was a giant turd?
I don't trust trailers after Aliens: Colonial Marines huge ****** lie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If i wasn't obligate to do homework, i will do a draw of Cendorium lauging with a tea of salt in the hand.:troll: (Also the only thing right now that i have change for her is the color of the eye. For some person here that want know. Maybe.:i6rkW:)

Last edited:

Soul.

People say **** because of the Wii U game, yet I'm here trying to wonder if people have played the 3DS game. You know, the 2D platformer? I haven't played it myself, which is ironic because why the **** not. #irony
Sonic Boom still sucks, but at least Not Creative Enough [Fire & Ice] is following the same steps as Shattered Crystal.
Still bad, but not as bad as Rise of Lyric.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And also a cyborg, but that timeline got erased.
Reminds me of that time Sub-Zero was half-robot. He got better though.

Speaking of Cyborgs, I'd like to see Cyrax come back one as DLC or in the next game. He's one of those characters who was still alive(as far as I know)and wasn't working for Quan Chi. Whether or not he's still supposed to be evil is up to NRS though, I liked him more as a hero though.

I know Sektor got killed by Sub-Zero in MKX. So Cyrax could have a Sektor variant and a Smoke one too.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Of all the Pixar movies to rip off...

...why would you choose Cars 2?
http://kotaku.com/chinese-movie-allegedly-rips-off-pixars-cars-1710018894

Allegedly is a funny word considering the resemblance is uncanny.
Isnt there a company that exclusively rips off Disney/Pixar movies badly? Like this:

One could argue they are the new GoldenFilms, but at least those could be argued to have been based on the books instead, while these 3D ones are much more.... specific.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
People say **** because of the Wii U game, yet I'm here trying to wonder if people have played the 3DS game. You know, the 2D platformer? I haven't played it myself, which is ironic because why the **** not. #irony
Sonic Boom still sucks, but at least Not Creative Enough [Fire & Ice] is following the same steps as Shattered Crystal.
Still bad, but not as bad as Rise of Lyric.
Nobody played it because they were too busy criticizing RoL.
Rightfully so.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Didn't the gameplay footage from Sonic Boom also look good until we played it and it was revealed it was a giant turd?
I don't trust trailers after Aliens: Colonial Marines huge ****** lie.
Hey, good point. As of right now, the trailer looked alright. Until we see more gameplay, then I'll have full judgment.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Isnt there a company that exclusively rips off Disney/Pixar movies badly? Like this:

One could argue they are the new GoldenFilms, but at least those could be argued to have been based on the books instead, while these 3D ones are much more.... specific.
This almost makes Food Fight look like How to Train Your Dragon. Though I might be too harsh. Food Fight is Top-Tier Garbage.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

That's "Video brinquedo", we already talked about them here before.
Brazilian (SIGH) compamny who makes shoddy knockoffs of Pixar movies.

But, lol, the spokesperson for that new movie...
"It's different because it has people, so it's not a rip off."
Flawless logic

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So both Retro Studios & Platinum Games retweeted Nintendo's E3 info.

The hype train has no brakes!
I heard that Platinum was getting a new game at E3 shown off. But I would have figured it'd be more of Scalebound or even the reveal of MGR 2.

For Retro, I'm hoping either Metroid or a new IP. I think I heard something about them possibly making one, but I might have my companies mixed up.

D

Deleted member

So both Retro Studios & Platinum Games retweeted Nintendo's E3 info.

The hype train has no brakes!
Huh. I didn't notice that! Metroid Prime 4 confirmed even though I won't care much thanks to the franchise's god-awful fanbase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom