• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well that was unexpected

Wait DAISY DUCK IS A MALE?
DONALD IS DAISYS FATHER?
But but...
I cant..
And I just learned clickhole is a satire site. I was fooled by Bill Trinen! >_>
Donald is a male duck, yet does female duck things like laying eggs.
Daisy is male but is very feminine.

And not only that, there's sexual diversity in the form of their incestious relationship. (ok, the thing said the relationship was a misconception, but still)

In an alternate universe where Walt Disney was a flaming leftist...

Ok, so before I go to bed (not sleeping, I sleep after a while on a laptop), let me tell you a....pretty weird reaction on tumblr.

So, you know guys that i promote Paper Mario as an ADDITION right?

Well, I don't think this guy got it:

http://gregorgregor.tumblr.com/post/116884249683/aldelaro5-these-are-the-stylish-poses-in-super

check both the reply and the tags.

For those who feel too lazy to click, here's the reply:

And here's the tag:

Now, guys, I would love this to be a joke, but click, it's not.

I eventually handled it by doing a little paragraph of text explaining that even if he hates these, there's no point to replace what is already there and anyway, they don;t impact Paper Mario.

i think so far that is the one post that i felt the most ashamed, this is even worse than flaming dr mario, but this guy wants to replace?

I mean who would think like that?
Here's a question: are you familiar with the Super Mario 64 hacking scene? Do you know of Skelux? He's making a tool for editing Paper Mario.

----

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Blue Haired Flight confirmed :awesome:

Personally I really like the new transformation, the blue hair and aura really give a sensation of a new level of power being reached :4lucario:
Did you say AURA?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Viola's surskit uses signal beam on Pikachu

The most powerful special bug move

Used by the first gym leader

NOT ONLY THAT

By also uses Ice beam

Damn, for a level 10 surskit that thing is friggin' broken

Also Ash's Pikachu gets it's ass kicked because it uses Iron Tail on a water type

Edit: Pokemon just kicked Pikachu's ass with Ice Beam. What does Ash send next? A flying type.

I realize she's a bug gym leader, but ICE BEAM

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, I'll tell you it, but know that it's not for the faint of heart or squeamish. I warn you especially since you love rabbits.
I'll copy/paste from my venting thread.

I'm still shaken up.

So at roughly 5:30 today I got out of class right? And I'm walking across the big lawn at Old Main heading downtown, and I hear screaming. The saddest, highest-pitch screaming you'd ever hear. I look to my right and see that a crow is flying about a head above people-level carrying a baby bunny. The scream was coming from the bunny, in the opposite direction. I then see that a second crow had a second one. On the ground I saw what I assume was the mother rabbit freaking out.

So in a fit of I-don't-know-what-to-call-it, my mind went totally blank and I chased the nearer crow. I guess it got spooked, because it dropped the bunny from the tree branch it was perched on. I managed to beat it to the baby, however, as it tried to fly back down. I scooped up the baby bunny. The mom is watching me. The baby has a whole chunk of its cheek ripped off, and its foot looked bent, and it was covered in blood, but he was alive. Barely breathing, but alive. He was incredibly tiny. Like, basically hamster-sized. Little tiny ball of fur. And then I just kinda fell apart. The mother rabbit was staring at me about fifteen or so feet away. So was the crow, staring at me, perched up in a tree above the mother. Crows remember the faces of those who do wrongdoings to them. Not so fun fact.

Panicking, I call every animal care place in the area. Half of them wouldn't take him due to him being a wild rabbit. The other two didn't answer the phone. I wasn't gonna let the little guy die on me. For God's sake the mother rabbit already lost the other baby, since the other crow flew off with it over several buildings and out of sight. I was gonna do something right. Finally, one of the ones I left a message at earlier called back. None of their volunteers were answering their phones to pick up the baby, so I was left with the dispatcher on the other end. She was trying her hardest to get someone.

About halfway through this ordeal one girl was kind enough to get me a wad of toilet paper which I fastened into a poorly-made tourniquet to stop the bleeding. That was nice of her. No one else really cared. Hell, as it was happening everyone else just kinda ignored it or, worse, laughed. Thinking about this, I started to cry a bit, not caring at all that I was in public. The baby bunny began nuzzling into my hand.

The dispatcher asked if I could come to the office should a volunteer not show up. As a freshman, I lack a car, and it was miles away. The bus wouldn't let me bring a rabbit aboard. Another girl comes and asked if she should call a vet. I explained the situation to her, and she started helping me with the rabbit. Just a random girl walking by. It gave me a bit more faith in humanity. Eventually the dispatcher calls back and says that help is on the way. The girl and I waited and within ten more minutes (on top of the two hours since the bunny dilemma began) the volunteer gets there. She said the little guy should make a full recovery. I gave him one last nuzzle and a kiss on the head (disease be damned, it was gonna happen anyway).

I saved that baby bunny's life today. I took to calling him Lucky. But at the same time I can't get a few things out of my head. That mother rabbit watched one of her children get taken away. I wasn't able to save that one. And now her other child, though alive, is without her. I'm suffering from a weird mix of survivor's guilt and PTSD. I just...don't know what to feel. It's just messed up.

I just had to vent I guess...
Reminds me of a story of mine from when I was younger.

Well, my house growing up was always surrounded by cats, and my mother would always try and be friendly with 'em and give them food and stuff. Naturally we ended up with a pregnant one.

In the middle of the night after an already hectic day, my mother woke up to some commotion outside. The mama cat gave birth not far off of our porch. Early. Like, really early. My mother opens up the door and scares mama cat away and notices the little kittens just yelping out there. She rushes back in for a towel to carry them, and at this point I wake up.

I follow her out there and have a look at the little things out in the grass, and they're just the most pathetic looking things I've ever seen. Eyes basically welded shut, arms and legs just so incredibly stubby, tails just a little puff, and their bodies barely bigger then a sausage. My mother realized that a towel would be too big then and runs back in after telling me to stay put and watch them. So now I'm sitting out in the grass and can barely see a thing just watching them squirm. Two weren't moving at all. The other two were, but one was making noise. Mama cat is just freaked out and meowing like crazy across the road. She wasn't really comfortable around us, you see.

So when my mother comes back out she has a stack of washcloths and she's asking me a bunch of questions, like how many are there and which ones are moving. I say two, but the quiet one stopped moving right then... My mother wraps up the four and we bring them inside and put them on the table. She tells me to unwrap them and poke at 'em while she gets a phone book. I carefully unwrap the first while the fourth is just squeaking away. Won't do a thing. Second is unmistakably the one that was moving earlier. Nothing. Third I try really hard to get something out of... I finally get around to the last guy and it feels like he's squeaking even faster.

My mother runs in with the phone book and asks what I think of 'em... I tell her it's just the one that's moving. She bundles it up again and cradles it while I just start flipping through the book like a mad man. I finally call animal control and once I talk to an operator she tells us to keep them inside for the night and to call back in the morning.

I wake up at the crack of dawn, not sleeping a wink, just after my mother. We check in with animal control while we wait around for everybody else to wake up... They tell us that the other three aren't alive. Mother tearfully takes them off somewhere... The last one we put in a little trinket box on top of a rag and put it outside like we're told. Poor thing must of been talking all night since it's voice sounded awful weak...

A few hours later and mama cat still hasn't taken her kitten yet. We call animal control again, and then my little sister wakes up. After roughly explaining things to her, we again do as we were told and fed the little guy a few drops of watered-down milk from a medicine dropper. Thankfully it calms down and shortly after mama cat takes it away.

A couple weeks later and mama cat and kitten are friendly and even had names that my sister picked, Queeny and Princess. Queeny just ran off... Princess and her cute little stump tail was actually alive for quite a while. Sadly, not even two weeks ago when she was hit by a car. Poor thing was buried about two steps from where she was born.

D

Deleted member

The green one is the Legendary Super Saiyan tho
Awesome, I have green aura! Which is a lot better than the blue found in :4lucario:.
Or perhaps, I may be in this one ill-fated sitcom that lasted for 9 seasons and ended with a lackluster finale, with one of the characters screaming the word "LEGENDARY!" a lot. Good riddance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

I'll get a New 3DS XL once they release the Metallic Blue one.
But first I need eShop cards, then download whatever. By whatever, I mean a game. ORAS/Awakening/whatever

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope that in a future DBZ movie Broly gets revived and he comes back as a SSJ3 or SSJGSSJ, because seeing the Legendary Super Saiyan wiping the floor with the Z Fighters never gets old :troll:

D

Deleted member

"Version 24601" in thread title. Separate "24" from "601", and invert the latter. You get "106", right? Smash Bros.' latest version is "1.0.6". What an unintentional coincidence.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I mean, I'll tell you it, but know that it's not for the faint of heart or squeamish. I warn you especially since you love rabbits.

I'm still shaken up.

So at roughly 5:30 today I got out of class right? And I'm walking across the big lawn at Old Main heading downtown, and I hear screaming. The saddest, highest-pitch screaming you'd ever hear. I look to my right and see that a crow is flying about a head above people-level carrying a baby bunny. The scream was coming from the bunny, in the opposite direction. I then see that a second crow had a second one. On the ground I saw what I assume was the mother rabbit freaking out.

So in a fit of I-don't-know-what-to-call-it, my mind went totally blank and I chased the nearer crow. I guess it got spooked, because it dropped the bunny from the tree branch it was perched on. I managed to beat it to the baby, however, as it tried to fly back down. I scooped up the baby bunny. The mom is watching me. The baby has a whole chunk of its cheek ripped off, and its foot looked bent, and it was covered in blood, but he was alive. Barely breathing, but alive. He was incredibly tiny. Like, basically hamster-sized. Little tiny ball of fur. And then I just kinda fell apart. The mother rabbit was staring at me about fifteen or so feet away. So was the crow, staring at me, perched up in a tree above the mother. Crows remember the faces of those who do wrongdoings to them. Not so fun fact.

Panicking, I call every animal care place in the area. Half of them wouldn't take him due to him being a wild rabbit. The other two didn't answer the phone. I wasn't gonna let the little guy die on me. For God's sake the mother rabbit already lost the other baby, since the other crow flew off with it over several buildings and out of sight. I was gonna do something right. Finally, one of the ones I left a message at earlier called back. None of their volunteers were answering their phones to pick up the baby, so I was left with the dispatcher on the other end. She was trying her hardest to get someone.

About halfway through this ordeal one girl was kind enough to get me a wad of toilet paper which I fastened into a poorly-made tourniquet to stop the bleeding. That was nice of her. No one else really cared. Hell, as it was happening everyone else just kinda ignored it or, worse, laughed. Thinking about this, I started to cry a bit, not caring at all that I was in public. The baby bunny began nuzzling into my hand.

The dispatcher asked if I could come to the office should a volunteer not show up. As a freshman, I lack a car, and it was miles away. The bus wouldn't let me bring a rabbit aboard. Another girl comes and asked if she should call a vet. I explained the situation to her, and she started helping me with the rabbit. Just a random girl walking by. It gave me a bit more faith in humanity. Eventually the dispatcher calls back and says that help is on the way. The girl and I waited and within ten more minutes (on top of the two hours since the bunny dilemma began) the volunteer gets there. She said the little guy should make a full recovery. I gave him one last nuzzle and a kiss on the head (disease be damned, it was gonna happen anyway).

I saved that baby bunny's life today. I took to calling him Lucky. But at the same time I can't get a few things out of my head. That mother rabbit watched one of her children get taken away. I wasn't able to save that one. And now her other child, though alive, is without her. I'm suffering from a weird mix of survivor's guilt and PTSD. I just...don't know what to feel. It's just messed up.

Nature happens. I know a family that used to have rabbits. They had a lot of bunnies. Apparently one night, they woke up from a shriek. Apparently a neighbor's cat attacked and ate one of the baby bunnies.
Here is a song that had me crying
One of my favorite Disney movies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

I'm still shaken up.

As far as Im concerned you did good and saved a life. You cant fly so the other one was out of your reach anyway. Sad the one who lived had to be separated from the mother, but its better than being dead.

So you stopped NATURE for doing its thing...why?

Sure I love rabbits, but why stop nature? Dont mess with nature, if the rabbit was going to die, let it happen.

Would be different if it was my pet though
**** nature. I, for one, welcome our new cybernetic overlords.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So you stopped NATURE for doing its thing...why?

Sure I love rabbits, but why stop nature? Dont mess with nature, if the rabbit was going to die, let it happen.

Would be different if it was my pet though
Some people can't bare to watch such an ordeal carry out and attempt to stop it.

I probably would've done the same thing if I recognised what was going on.

D

Deleted member

Looks like the Mewtwo GSP issue will get a fix. Might be slow on that, but yeah.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I hope that in a future DBZ movie Broly gets revived and he comes back as a SSJ3 or SSJGSSJ, because seeing the Legendary Super Saiyan wiping the floor with the Z Fighters never gets old :troll:
I don't know, I don't really like Broly. I'd rather see Janemba or Cooler come back. Golden Final Form Cooler would be sick as hell.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Donald is a male duck, yet does female duck things like laying eggs.
Daisy is male but is very feminine.

And not only that, there's sexual diversity in the form of their incestious relationship. (ok, the thing said the relationship was a misconception, but still)

In an alternate universe where Walt Disney was a flaming leftist...

Here's a question: are you familiar with the Super Mario 64 hacking scene? Do you know of Skelux? He's making a tool for editing Paper Mario.

----
idk him....but I'm interested to hear about it :)

btw, let me go through my alerts....I somehow got 10 alerts today and even thought they are just likes and quotes, all of them are useful....

which is rare.....

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You just made NonSpecificGuy shed a tear of joy :grin:
AND QUOTES!

It's because it's not all by the same person and on different posts I made, none of them are that guy btw.

Also, one of them was radical saying I'm amazing for doing a radical in TTYD words which he used in his sig :)

So, they were indeed all useful, it's just rare.

If I load a page and I see you ahve 20 alerts however, that measn something happened that made at least 10 people tagging me.....remember that stage reveal, it happened while I was editing the OP.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Really I wouldn't been nearly as disappointed had they announced it as a new IP and just said "sorry but SMTxFE was cancelled" I'd still be sad but not salty since I'd have fully expected it
I'm not angry mad or any of that just...sad, I mean this feels more like competition toward persona, when P5 is already on the game, than an actual crossover, as a gamefaqs user said and I quote:

And another quote

That is the main problem I have, though thinking about it it sort of kind of make sense making that they make a similar mechanic to social links in the crossover because of supports

Look I'm not bashing you because of you being hyped for the game or anything, whatever floats your boat, and I already said, I'm still probably gonna pick it up eventually since I know Atlus does damn good JRPGs, but to me this looks like shameless otaku pandering, (or more than usually whatever, and this is from someone that likes chinese cartoons and mangoes and likes the other SMT spinoffs including persona and devil survivor)
Well hey, thanks respecting my thoughts on the game...
I personally desagree, but what you can do? :)

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I'm sick of :roymelee:! He's not even relevant in Fire Emblem as of now! If they add him in Smash 4 at least they better remake Binding Blade. Sakuria did say he didn't want characters that would be irrelevant.

I'm all for returning characters but I hot damn please calm down. "Our boy" just drives me insane!

In all seriousness, can someone explain to me why people are obsessed over Roy? Is it really just because he was in melee?

Sorry I need to vent. I still <3 you all.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I'm sick of :roymelee:! He's not even relevant in Fire Emblem as of now! If they add him in Smash 4 at least they better remake Binding Blade. Sakuria did say he didn't want characters that would be irrelevant.

I'm all for returning characters but I hot damn please calm down. "Our boy" just drives me insane!

In all seriousness, can someone explain to me why people are obsessed over Roy? Is it really just because he was in melee?

Sadly at this point,roy is more a smash bros character rather than a fire emblem one.
No offense at roy mains.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yes. Ask a FE-fan what that person thinks of Roy and big chance you receive an answer like: 'Terrible.'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakuria did say he didn't want characters that would be irrelevant.
Show me a source where Sakurai said that word-for-word... >_>

He never said that. Otherwise, bye-bye characters like Lucas, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon and R.O.B.

He did say, however, that characters with less relevancy are put on lower priority, meaning they're likelier to be cut due to time constraints.

And yes, Roy is likely to come back since files pertaining to him have been found in the 3DS version. Sakurai did say that he doesn't like cutting characters on the grounds that, since all characters have fans, it would be a disservice to do so. Notice how all DLC characters revealed so far are veterans? How 33 out 39 characters returned from Brawl?

Roy was intended to be back for Brawl and there are a lot of people who like Roy. He's quite popular in Japan as well.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He's probably referring to the Ice Climbers interview. He actually said he didn't prioritise them as they don't have a future.

:231:
Exactly my point.

There's a huge difference between "not wanting irrelevant characters" and "setting priorities for each character based on factors, including relevancy".

Again, this fanbase has a huge tendency of misintepreting what the developers say and spreading misinformation or using fallacious argumentation as a result.

And then they're surprised about "Sakurai contradicting all the time", when said "contradictions" are nothing but people not even knowing how to read or interpret context.

I don't expect people to know the ins and outs of software development like I do, but I expect reading comprehension, as it's taught in elementary school.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I don't like character cuts in any shape or form. I was overjoyed to see Doc return. The more, the merrier.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Morning Smashboards.
How's everyone doing today?
My band director called me out of class because all my friends were talking and he only saw me. Now, because I was 3rd band (reject band) already, I may be getting cut from the program.

If that happens I swear to God I will flip **** and hurt someone, it's been a less than stellar week if you can't tell.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't like character cuts in any shape or form. I was overjoyed to see Doc return. The more, the merrier.

Honestly, while I like Mario and Luigi's playstyles, I always felt like it would be cool if their playstyles were combined, and I really kinda wanted that. That's sort of what Dr. Mario is like. I guess you could say that I felt it was time for a change of pace!
:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom