• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the topic of things like Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Boom and Sonic 06, anyone have any guilty pleasures they'd mind sharing?

T

Trick or Treat

I actually liked what Sonic 06 was at the base. A story-driven adventure game with all my/our favorite characters (except Cream and Chaotix :() with 3 different story paths.

If it wasn't for the ****ty gameplay, and the whole Elise thing, it could have been a fantastic game in the same idea as SA2.

I have to say, I actually really like how edgy Shadow is, considering what he is. Its just an easy target for jokes

I wouldnt have Shadow any other way.
This is amazing and I love you for it

D

Deleted member

I'm guilty of nothing, but have a lot of pleasures.
Lucky you. My childhood gaming experience was made up of licensed games for the PS2, so no matter how subpar I know they are now, I still love them. I also really like Mario Party 8 if only for the real estate board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whenever SEGA does something new, they **** it up.

That's just how life works, buddy. :troll:
Strange isn't it?:yeahboi: (I loved this movie)
I actually liked what Sonic 06 was at the base. A story-driven adventure game with all my/our favorite characters (except Cream and Chaotix :() with 3 different story paths.

If it wasn't for the ****ty gameplay, and the whole Elise thing, it could have been a fantastic game in the same idea as SA2.

This is amazing and I love you for it
Alot of game have a fantastic concept but we're just badly excuted. Sonic is not a exception. (This picture is gold also.:denzel:)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Lucky you. My childhood gaming experience was made up of licensed games for the PS2, so no matter how subpar I know they are now, I still love them. I also really like Mario Party 8 if only for the real estate board.
The real estate board is amazing, isn't it?

Too bad traditional Mario Party died with Hudson Soft. and Bomberman :(

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Would you believe I though the game was good because of the demo they put out? But I waited for reviews and... well. Apparently the demo was better than the segment of the game it represented, which confused me at first, but also after some years made me realize that this style of gameplay COULD HAVE WORKED. Sonic 06 was too ambitious for its own good, and the fact that Sega rushed it for Christmas was its biggest fault. If they had more time to actually think things through and polish the game, it could have been something great, might just have been the Adventure 3 everybody wanted. But, the game was left outright unfinished and unoptimised, all because Sega wanted to have it out as fast as possible. Similar story about Sonic Boom, funny enough. Maybe they learned by now. Lets hope so....

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Too bad Nintendo would be like..
Well Nintendo have created thing like: Gigyas in Earthbound, The Twygz River song in SPM, the Dead Hand in OOT. Nintendo is kinda edgy when you think about it, nah?

T

Trick or Treat

Would you believe I though the game was good because of the demo they put out? But I waited for reviews and... well. Apparently the demo was better than the segment of the game it represented, which confused me at first, but also after some years made me realize that this style of gameplay COULD HAVE WORKED. Sonic 06 was too ambitious for its own good, and the fact that Sega rushed it for Christmas was its biggest fault. If they had more time to actually think things through and polish the game, it could have been something great, might just have been the Adventure 3 everybody wanted. But, the game was left outright unfinished and unoptimised, all because Sega wanted to have it out as fast as possible. Similar story about Sonic Boom, funny enough. Maybe they learned by now. Lets hope so....
It pretty much was going to be Adventure 3, which I still desperately want. But sadly for me, it seems like they have decided to get away from that style for good. Pretty much all of the games after that were one-shot stories where you only played as Sonic.

Those games are good, I am just stating that it seems they might be done with the Adventure and Heroes style.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

MUGEN reads damage values as ints only. Why? What's the point? Guess I'll have to figure out how to modify that as well...

Well Nintendo have created thing like: Gigyas in Earthbound, The Twygz River song in SPM, the Dead Hand in OOT. Nintendo is kinda edgy when you think about it, nah?
That's more disturbing than edgy though.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
True but they probably wouldn't ever make any of Super Mario characters have their own edgy games any time soon. They literally don't want to scare the children. :substitute:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That's not even the proper usage of edgy.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
On the topic of things like Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Boom and Sonic 06, anyone have any guilty pleasures they'd mind sharing?
My guilty pleasures are defending the kind of games you've mentioned in your post(incl. those 3 specifically) on internet forums..

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
1a9.gif

Learn what "edgy" really means before saying something like this. I don't remember hearing "Crawling in my skin" while fighting Gigyas, that's for sure.

Also, hi everyone.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My guilty pleasure is adoring the Disney cheapquels like Mulan II or Pocahontas II.

Still hate Chicken Little, Planes, and Cars 2 though. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 62158
Learn what "edgy" really means before saying something like this. I don't remember hearing "Crawling in my skin" while fighting Gigyas, that's for sure.

Also, hi everyone.
Of course i use wrong the term "edgy" and i got the two Memes guys on this thread correcting me. Why i am not suprised?

Well next time i will say dark, OK?
Also Hi.

Last edited:

Soul.

Guilty pleasure ....it's not Shadow the Hedgehog.
Ninjabread Man I guess. Or Devil's Third. Yes. Turns out that Wii U game is bad.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh yeah, I made doodles of the Principal of Nichijou in the costume of the Judge from the Ace Attorney games. I love his cheap santa beard that he bought in a crappy store. With his wig, he looks really dumb.
Principal doodles (smaller).png
Have the full page of doodles, as always.
Click the image or you won't have the Popemobile's blessing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Guilty pleasures?
hmm I'd have to think about that
OH
I thought Sonic 06 was fun, still enjoy a round of COD ummmm
just a couple of vidya game things I can remember atm

Welp, that's not how you increase hitstun...
We Skullgirls now
dont shoot me I've played it like once

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom