• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If I do remember correctly, Smash 64 doesn't have a lot of content as Melee and Brawl...
It's production had a very low budget and was planned to be Japan only.

Compared to Melee and Brawl, who were actually given lots of more development, SSB64 is low on it (doesn't means the game isn't fun though).

Soul.

Isn't everyone going to like, play all the other modes one time and after you complete all of them, the Online is there for you?

D

Deleted member

Still, I know what xSoul says with all the 3DS stuff, but personally I don't believe the 3DS was meant to compete with the Wii U. Kinda like with 64, Melee, and Brawl, it looks to be that the 3DS and Wii U versions are clearly meant to be different games focusing on different audiences.

But worse case, that's why DLC exists.
I'll give you that, but even then I still think way too much effort went into the Wii U compared to 3DS, especially when it comes to polish. Just compare this:

To this:

It might be just me but the Wii U CSS catches the eye more, and this even goes for the gameplay. I know you could attribute this to 3DS processing power but even stuff like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon had more atmosphere and nice looking areas. The 3DS version just feels lifeless compared to the vibrant colors and effects of the Wii U.
Isn't everyone going to like, play all the other modes one time and after you complete all of them, the Online is there for you?
The different modes are part of the replay value for Smash though. I know I'm going to play Super Smash Party and 8-player Smash when I got buds over.
And it's not just modes, it's other content like stage builder and event matches, for example, 2 things that the Wii U looks to have and the 3DS doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Man, Crashboards was real.
Anyway you know the challenge beat 10-Man Smash in 20 seconds or less.
I kid you not, before I knew this was a challenge, my high score was 20:00:01!!!!!
I beat it later but it stings man. :cry:

D

Deleted member

It said one of the Wii U exclusive characters is Ness.
...Really now?
inb4 ToS characters. :troll:
But then again, having different characters on different systems would be unfair (somewhat).
3DS owner - I want Ice Climbers on 3DS! .. but they are on Wii U.
Wii U owner - I want Mewtwo* in Wii U! ... but he's on 3DS.
*Used Mewtwo as an example.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
inb4 ToS characters. :troll:
But then again, having different characters on different systems would be unfair (somewhat).
3DS owner - I want Ice Climbers on 3DS! .. but they are on Wii U.
Wii U owner - I want Mewtwo* in Wii U! ... but he's on 3DS.
*Used Mewtwo as an example.
about ToS

R.I.P tower of smash

we got word that sakurai said something about magicant being a 3ds only stage not in both

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Anyone else thinks there should be a Custom shop?

I love Smash Run, but it's so random and rarely get any new Custom anymore.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I'll admit they're only really there for giggles. Many play the game mostly to duke it out.

Cool mate
And i can safely say i still don't have an 3ds yet.
Which means i hold no value to what you've said and i cry myself to sleep each night because of that
Don't worry, you're not missing much.
To be honest the most fun I've had with them as of right now was giving Ness Lucas' specials. Because I'm nice and not cold hearted at all.

I'll give you that, but even then I still think way too much effort went into the Wii U compared to 3DS, especially when it comes to polish. Just compare this:

To this:

It might be just me but the Wii U CSS catches the eye more, and this even goes for the gameplay. I know you could attribute this to 3DS processing power but even stuff like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon had more atmosphere and nice looking areas. The 3DS version just feels lifeless compared to the vibrant colors and effects of the Wii U.

The different modes are part of the replay value for Smash though. I know I'm going to play Super Smash Party and 8-player Smash when I got buds over.
And it's not just modes, it's other content like stage builder and event matches, for example, 2 things that the Wii U looks to have and the 3DS doesn't.
Well, if you want me to be honest, you said it yourself, a lot of it has to do with limitations. As powerful as the 3DS is (heck, being able to put Smash on the DS and as big as it is, now that's a marvel in of itself), the hardware on the Wii U is superior. Now while superior =/= better, it does mean you can do a lot more things with it. Such as add more modes or make things look prettier.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
and for those playing at home about what I mean

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...ersion-changes-in-final-smashes-stage-tidbit/

What was the reason to make the Nintendo 3DS [version of Smash Bros.] before the Wii U [version]?
Compared to the 3DS [version], the Wii U [version] is larger in scale and also has many modes so the production takes time. It is that simple.
There are fighters that got their Final Smashes changed and fighters that didn’t; what is the reason for this?
It differs depending on the case. Lucario['s final smash changed] because Mega Evolution was introduced in the latest installment [of Pokemon]. Pit because Palutena turned into a fighter. Moves, too, were modified due to balancing and elements of the new game were factored in.
Are there any interesting things in pictures from during the development?
There are many… The Flying Men of 3DS stage Magicant are expressed as pixel sprites, but actually a 3D model was also produced. A pixel sprite was chosen since it has lower strain [on hardware].

Goodbye Tower of smash

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is it bad that I tend to forget Tower of Smash exists?

I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Just finding that Rosalina is a bit too good, among a few others. Does anybody else find the koopa kid tough to play at a high level? He seems to get wrecked by ROB and Rosalina.
Eh, in my opinion he's a character that requires a lot of thinking and strategy. Like Duck Hunt Duo.

Last edited:

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Just finding that Rosalina is a bit too good, among a few others. Does anybody else find the koopa kid tough to play at a high level? He seems to get wrecked by ROB and Rosalina.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't know man, but I know I'm going to keep playing the 3DS version even if the Wii U one is out. I just think I'm going to get bored of the Wii U version after a while. HD for the first 5 days of release may be great but that magic will be gone as the other months come. There's also the fact that I'm not interested in the console itself.
I know modes are part of the replay value Smash has, but as said before Smash being able to be on a handheld is a good thing, even though they could have waited for the New 3DS to add at least some modes.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Is it bad that I tend to forget Tower of Smash exists?
Not really, I don't tend to care about leaks as most are proved false or the ones that are right ruin surprise factor.
As someone who moderately uses Bowser Jr., I don't find that much difficulty.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Bowser Jr. is really fun and I find him easy enough to use on high level play. With that said, I find it easy to make mistakes with him.

D

Deleted member

I don't know man, but I know I'm going to keep playing the 3DS version even if the Wii U one is out. I just think I'm going to get bored of the Wii U version after a while. HD for the first 5 days of release may be great but that magic will be gone as the other months come.
I know modes are part of the replay value Smash has, but as said before Smash being able to be on a handheld is a good thing, even though they could have waited for the New 3DS to add at least some modes.
Different strokes, I just think the visuals of Smash U just add more life to the game. And handheld Smash is really great, don't get me wrong, but I just can't help but feel disappointed by it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't know. If by some chance I can get my hands on the Wii U version, I'll play it. But I think the 3DS is just fine for right now (even with it's flaws).

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Since both versions of the game was announced, I always planned to get both versions to not miss any of the fun.

Not to mention I have a Wii U since my last year's birthday.

D

Deleted member

Back when Smash Bros. was announced for both consoles, I actually thought the 3DS version would just be a downloadable application available for free, but when it was revealed at E3 2013, I was wrong, and that's a good thing. Smash on the handheld is a great thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Ever since Smash 4 was announced to be on the 3DS too I started to be more interested in it instead of the Wii U one.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Had a WiiU since 2012. Always planned to buy both.
This. I thought of the 3DS one as just being a "lite" version, but Smash Run is surprisingly fun; the one thing I don't like about it is the final battle. Let us define what the last battle is, or at least tell us.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Got all of Kirby's moves. :4olimar::4kirby::4fox:One left on Ness.
He's actually one of the more special Lumas.
Oh, that's neat. I really wish they weren't random, or there was some way to change them, or even if Luma's colour just matched Rosalina's palettes (it would make things a lot less confusing with four Lumas on screen too). I do like the black one best (matches black and gold Rosa), but it seems like he's the rarest one to find. I didn't notice if his voice was different though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today I finished getting in 1st place on Smash Run with all characters. Why does the game not keep track of who of the 49 characters did or did not get in 1st?

Still haven't gotten all custom moves for any single character (not including the ones finished from the get-go :4palutena::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Just got the "You encountered Mew for the first time!" notification.

...I didn't even notice him

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
At the most inopportune moments it seems, my character always does a ****ing tilt-attack whenever I mean to do a smash-attack, even though I tapped just fine. It's so annoying and it shows how suboptimal the Circle Pad is for Smash. I feel like I have to give it double the force to get my character to do my bidding, and I don't know about you, but I do not enjoy having the feeling that I am destroying my controls just because I want actual agency in my game.

Can't wait for the Wii U version to remedy my plight.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I already have Smash Wii U preordered and paid in full. It's still my most anticipated game of the year regardless.
My birthday is today and my brother preordered mine for my birthday gift.

Im buying the adapter seperate to save a little money (also getting the book so i can unlock all characters in the wii u version in a jiffy.)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dayum, Ganondorf is good. He kicks ass in Smash Run, except during Climb Battle and Race Battle. Cause, yeah... he can't jump or run well. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom