• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Got a code from an amazing smashboarder whose username I won't give out for fear of him being attacked in tons of PM's.

Ladies, @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate @Pega-pony Princess you two have my word that if I get the e-mail today, you'll each get codes too. And two back to the fine gentleman who gave me one as well.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I
I'm not sure I want to play against Villager anymore.
Help me ;_;
Dat smug look. Remember the Villager has been waiting and watching Smash fighters ever since Brawl.
I find the people begging for DLC to be desperate. I can't be the only person that's finding that to be pathetic.
I don't mind people asking for DLC as I don't mind paying for more for contents that expands on an already great game. Nintendo has been really good with DLC and I would trust them to do great with Smash.

I do agree that being desperate for it is an issue thought. As much as I love the concept of DLC, we have seen many cases where DLC has been abused and anytime DLC is used to scam gamers, the game is immediately off my check-list. Even if we do get DLC, the developer can do whatever they want with it and I'm not going to throw a fit if I don't get X character as DLC.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
3) Enabled the setting to receive information from Nintendo
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11320

By declining that option you said that you don't want to receive any information through Email from Nintendo.
Yeah I know that settings there and that's why I don't have a code. I'm saying that thats really annoying because I don't subscribe to those emails because they never mention anything I don't already know, and now suddenly I'm missing out because I didn't feel like having those emails cluttering my inbox.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I, as a Melee player who strongly dislikes Brawl, after playing the demo for an hour, think that the new Smash bros game is awesome!
It's awesome with items on, it's awesome with items off, it's awesome.
And my main isn't even unlocked!
I owned all the 5 characters at level 9, using all the characters.
I had some problem getting used to the key configuration though.

R0Y

Smash Master
OooooooooooOoOOoOOOO this demo is guuuuuuuuuuuuud.

I'm no Smash Bros. professional player unfortunately, so I can't weigh in on what's good or bad about each character in detail.

For anyone who's wondering how Smash Bros. looks on 3DS, however... you will NOT be disappointed. It is just god damn beautiful, and has flawless 60fps, even with 3D on.

The 30fps on ATs and Pokeball pokemon were a little unusual, but nothing too distracting. It's all worth it in the end.

I might just get sick from overplaying the demo itself before the retail version comes out.

GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYPED.

I should learn how to combo in Smash though. This is nothing like Street Fighter combos.
I think I noticed a tiny FPS drop. As in like, 58. It might get more hectic on your populous stages with more items turned on. Even with 30 FPS AT's and Pokemon, the game is a technical marvel on 3DS. Amazing it runs this smoothly

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I remember getting an EU code for the Welcome version of Tomadachi Life... yet I haven't gotten anything yet... Should I be worrying now?

I'm refreshing my page every 5 milliseconds... halp.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Boy I can't wait to try the demo. Only a week to wait! (Unless some generous soul has a spare code kicking around :p)

Till then, some more Phoenix Wright for me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is it cheaper to use a coupon for a 2 topping medium pizza and get 3 toppings than it is to use a coupon for a 3 topping medium pizza?

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think I noticed a tiny FPS drop. As in like, 58. It might get more hectic on your populous stages with more items turned on. Even with 30 FPS AT's and Pokemon, the game is a technical marvel on 3DS. Amazing it runs this smoothly
Well, I played a few matches with 3 players with items everywhere. Even if I did experience frame drops anywhere then, it wasn't noticable,

Unless I experience something when I get my hands on the retail version, I didn't notice any lag or frame drops in my matches. Maybe someone else will, but for now, it's almost as good looking as Uprising.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I do not understand, is the demo not releasing next week for everyone, do you need the code to access it?
If I understand correctly, there are two demos. One is available now through code, and is unlimited until the end of September. The other will be available next week and will be limited to 30 uses. The first one is obviously a better deal, so people will try to get it. :redface:

Also, damn Mario is brutal in this.

Morbi

Scavenger
No it's releasing next friday, but my birthday is on Tuesday and I want it by then :p
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. In that event, I could not give less of a **** if I tried; however, I hope that someone gives you a code. Out of most users on here, you are probably among the top tier in terms of being civil, kind, and generally a great person to talk to. Good luck and have a happy birthday!

R0Y

Smash Master
Well, I played a few matches with 3 players with items everywhere. Even if I did experience frame drops anywhere then, it wasn't noticable,

Unless I experience something when I get my hands on the retail version, I didn't notice any lag or frame drops in my matches. Maybe someone else will, but for now, it's almost as good looking as Uprising.
Oh I doubt most people would notice it. I'm kind of obsessed with the tech stuff and could notice a drop. Melee also dropped in the Fountain of Dreams. My friends never noticed until I pointed it out.

I'd say it looks even better than Uprising! And I don't think that was even 60 FPS, I can't remember.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why is it cheaper to use a coupon for a 2 topping medium pizza and get 3 toppings than it is to use a coupon for a 3 topping medium pizza?
The coupon is said to have a special effect on people. So I would appreciate the magic if I had the chance to.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I can really feel the 30fps with those assists. Its like someone inserted claymation into the game.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Just spent like an hour playing Mega Man in the demo courtesy of @ TJ-Works TJ-Works .
IT'S SO FUN. I LOVE IT ALREADY. THEY DID SUCH A GOOD JOB WITH HIS MOVESET. PRE-ORDERING BOTH VERSIONS A SECOND TIME BRB

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I can really feel the 30fps with those assists. Its like someone inserted claymation into the game.
I wouldn't go that far. I think the only one that looked so obviously 30fps was Ghirahim. You had to watch closely at the other ATs/Pokemon to notice their frame drops.

Poor Ghirahim.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't go that far. I think the only one that looked so obviously 30fps was Ghirahim. You had to watch closely at the other ATs/Pokemon to notice their frame drops.

Poor Ghirahim.
I'm sure they'll all look fine on the Wii U, better hardware and all.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. In that event, I could not give less of a **** if I tried; however, I hope that someone gives you a code. Out of most users on here, you are probably among the top tier in terms of being civil, kind, and generally a great person to talk to. Good luck and have a happy birthday!
Thanks! My cousin is a platinum member and he's trying to get us codes. I hope he gets them!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like streaming on youtube better than twitch. If you pause on youtube you can continue playing where you paused OR skip ahead to the live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom