• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Some day...
SOME DAY...
The number of posts I've posted on Smashboards will pass the number of posts I've posted on Miiverse.
(For refrence, I currently have 2243 Posts on Miiverse, and counting)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Some day...
SOME DAY...
The number of posts I've posted on Smashboards will pass the number of posts I've posted on Miiverse.
I currently have 169 posts, most of them to annoy Ridley fanboys

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
People can keep believing in Mewtwo all they want, but he had an ice cube's chance of surviving in hell, and that's all he ever will have!
Says the guy that supports Krystal.
Hey, I like Krystal too, but there was no way she was getting in, especially after Wolf getting cut.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Welp, I've accepted the roster for what it is since this morning. No major sadness, but a mix of disappointment in some places. (No Snake/Mewtwo/Toad) and happiness in others (Shulk)

I saw others who were rather mad. I've learned my lesson from Brawl not to expect too much. Anyone else who's accepted it yet?

---

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Every time I hear about the Koopa Kids being bowser's alts I think about that one interview (the same one where Sakurai talks about Ridley, I think?) where Sakurai asked the interviewer who out of anyone he would most like to see in Smash bros. and the interviewer's answer was all the Koopa Kids. I like to think that when Sakurai asked that question he was secretly thinking "what this man doesn't realize is I'll put whatever character he names in the next Smash Bros.."

I also like to think that afterwards, Sakurai whispered in the interviewer's ear, in disturbingly clear English, "this contract is sealed", and that Sakurai now owns that interviewer's soul.

In other news, it's weird to think that Dr. Mario is the first, and so far only, character to miss a game and then come back.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Says the guy that supports Krystal.
Hey, I like Krystal too, but there was no way she was getting in, especially after Wolf getting cut.
Krystal's an entirely different story, I'd say she's a sure shot guarantee for next title seeing as how there's a StarFox Renaissance coming.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Every time I hear about the Koopa Kids being bowser's alts I think about that one interview (the same one where Sakurai talks about Ridley, I think?) where Sakurai asked the interviewer who out of anyone he would most like to see in Smash bros. and the interviewer's answer was all the Koopa Kids. I like to think that when Sakurai asked that question he was secretly thinking "what this man doesn't realize is I'll put whatever character he names in the next Smash Bros.."

I also like to think that afterwards, Sakurai whispered in the interviewer's ear, in disturbingly clear English, "this contract is sealed", and that Sakurai now owns that interviewer's soul.

In other news, it's weird to think that Dr. Mario is the first, and so far only, character to miss a game and then come back.
Oh yeah, I always think of that. I also remember the interview where people suggested Pac-man. (Though that one was more obviously going to happen anyway).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never noticed how much better the touch screen is on the wii u controller than the touch screen at work

I hate typing on a touch screen anyway

Why or why does a job that requires so much typing only allow a touchscreen keyboard

"Because it's the future!!!"...

D

Deleted member

Some day...
SOME DAY...
I surpassed my 203 posts from MKW.com with this site. In Miiverse, I have like 125 posts I believe.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So guys what are your thoughts on Dr. Mario's return?
Neutral, but I don't get the following reaction:

"No, why he was chosen over Paper Mario?"

I can understand you would support him, but please, Dr Mario has nothing to do with this.

No joke I got comments like those in my thread and it makes me feel bad for those who read the thread and support Dr Mario.

It's not something I feel comfortable to deal with, but now, It's done so I won't have to.

Unless it's greatly affecting the view on the game to the point where it just becomes annoying to hear. I don't think it will be that bad forever and that people will decrease complains progressively, but the beginning shall be rough.

Btw, I don't care about gameplay, but does it have great improvements?

IDK, just curious.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Welp, I've accepted the roster for what it is since this morning. No major sadness, but a mix of disappointment in some places. (No Snake/Mewtwo/Toad) and happiness in others (Shulk)

I saw others who were rather mad. I've learned my lesson from Brawl not to expect too much. Anyone else who's accepted it yet?

---
I think almost everyone in this thread is at some level of acceptance at this point. But then the social thread has always been the chilliest thread in the Smash WiiU/3DS forums.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346

---
I've just accepted it. While I don't like the fact that Lucas, Wolf and Snake aren't returning, those negatives were far outclassed by the positives (DHD, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Bowser J.r., Villager, Shulk, Robin, etc.) imo.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I love it.
He was not a waste of a clone slot if that is a thing.
But I need his theme to return too.
It's on pictochat, i was ecstatic to hear it on the streamer's first few playthroughs.
Reminds me of someone saying that Sakurai brought in doctor mario as a clone so they could add his music into melee, i think that's why he's a clone in this one as well. ;)

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I accepted it the second I saw the ESRB leak. Sure I think it's kinda lame that Lucas couldn't exist at the very least as a costume, but eh - them's the breaks.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I feel like in honor of the Ice Climbers I should try and main them in Melee or Brawl now...

D

Deleted member

I feel like in honor of the Ice Climbers I should try and main them in Melee or Brawl now...
I admit, it's both really strange and weird to see them being cut. Oh well, maybe they can appear as a trophy similar to that of Wolf?

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Guys, you know how yesterday in the famitsu we see Luigi with an extra default instead of another color swap? Well you probably know he is my main if you can't tell you're dumb. Well anyway, was that just a mistake on Famitsu's part and if so what was the real color. I really want to know if it was shown in the stream!

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Guys, you know how yesterday in the famitsu we see Luigi with an extra default instead of another color swap? Well you probably know he is my main if you can't tell you're dumb. Well anyway, was that just a mistake on Famitsu's part and if so what was the real color. I really want to know if it was shown in the stream!
It was probably just a mistake. Although now that you mention it, I don't think I saw any Luigi gameplay at all during the streams. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom