• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 - Running & Walking Speed Rankings

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wow, Robin is slower than freaking Ganondorf. :p I thought Palutena would be down in the bottom with the Ganny and Jiggs.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You shouldn't need to eyeball these speeds, Aerodrome. You can just set each match to one stock, play on Final Destination, dash off the stage, then check "max ground speed" in the results.

Or am I thinking it's easier than it really is? :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
You shouldn't need to eyeball these speeds, Aerodrome. You can just set each match to one stock, play on Final Destination, dash off the stage, then check "max ground speed" in the results.

Or am I thinking it's easier than it really is? :p
huh

let me look

Edit: There's no max ground speed here. Just launcher speed, which is for knockback.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
My bad, I thought it was one of the statistics measured in the aftergame. That's what I get for not checking first, lol.

It may not have been totally accurate anyway. Isn't initial dash speed sometimes faster than run speed?

Last edited:

brentosfreshness

Smash Cadet
NNID
brentvickers
after playing online last night with Sheik against a ZSS, i thought ZSS was faster. This just confirms it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I wonder how this would change assuming everyone is Fox trotting. Peach's speed is just as fast as Greninja's when she fox trots. It's a huge boost.

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
We could always do a variation of the Bridge test from Brawl. Using either Unova or Gerudo and just watch the clock for how long it takes to hit the blast line.

(Although Coliseum in the Wii-U version would be the easiest stage to do this with.)

Last edited:

Bralef

Smash Cadet
Damn, Bowser can outrun Toon Link? Dude's a beast in this game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
kay

just a few small things to clean up and running speed will be done, then I'll start on walking speed

i think i like seperating buffs from the main list, i might do this more often

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Are running and dash speeds correlated this time around?

Last edited:

Bralef

Smash Cadet
Huh, Dog feels a lot faster than he actually is. I would have guessed he was closer to the top.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's nice knowing that Rosalina's running speed is slightly above average. As for Dr. Mario, very weird how he's now slower than Dedede, when in Melee, he runs just as fast as Mario.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer : Is there any chance that you can investigate the aerial mobility and falling speed differences as well?
I saw a cool reddit post that someone linked me to which involves a tanooki suit and lots of time which sounds promising.

Fall speed should be easy enough if I make two characters drop down at the same time from a platform.

So yes, I am thinking about this.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for this very informative post. I never realized how fast Mac Really is, and it's a pleasant surprise.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So.... Charizard is faster than Pikachu yet again! And the gap between their speed is a little bigger now too I see.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Ooh nice speed buffs for Yoshi, Charizard and Bowser (Yoshi's not too big of a buff, but being as fast as Pikachu is great). Kinda surprised that Dr. Mario is slower than even King Dedede though.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Pit is slower than Bowser.
Being a lot weaker than half of the cast wasn't enough this time around. I'm sad.

kylexv

Smash Master
My main Bowser is looking GOOD. Faster than Pit and Toon Link? Wow.
Running speeds that are surprising:

:4bowser: faster than :4pit:, :4tlink:, :4mario:, etc.
:4drmario: slower than :4dedede:
:4charizard: faster than most of the cast (including :4pikachu:)
:4myfriends: faster than :4falco:
:4robinm: slower than :4ganondorf:
:4dk: faster than :4wiifit: (Aren't you supposed to be fit? You're slower than :4bowser:!)

DoomLich

Smash Rookie
I wonder how this would change assuming everyone is Fox trotting. Peach's speed is just as fast as Greninja's when she fox trots. It's a huge boost.
I would like to know this as well. Fox trotting is huge on some characters, and inconsequential on others. (On D3 it feels pretty pointless)

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
:4dk: faster than :4wiifit: (Aren't you supposed to be fit? You're slower than :4bowser:!)
I feel like DK being a friggin gorilla with huge arms propelling him should be taken in to account when compared to what amounts to the most normal of humans. White skin notwithstanding.

Still, Bowser tho! He leveled UP in practically everything! Haven't touched Robin outside of stadiums yet so it's surprising to see he/she's only faster than the Jiggster in running. As for the Doc, he did feel a lot slower than Mario in every respect when doing Solo modes. I'm no competitive Smasher by any means, but still.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Bowser's actually fairly high up when running?

That's a change.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Not really, he was about mid-tier in Brawl's running speed list. People just have this misconception that he's slow because he's big.

Top Bottom