1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Matchup Chart

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Ordeaux26, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Ordeaux26

Ordeaux26
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    Ordeaux
    Hello Everybody This Is My Smash 4 Matchup Chart I Created

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JKXX_-y_y2gg5YUCfcaNj9RgKBuWkoJj1HBSQNdKYe4/edit?usp=sharing

There Aren't Much Matchup Charts Out There So I Have Provided One For The Community Its Incomplete But If You Have Any Ideas Of What I Could Add/Change Then Feel Free To Suggest I Would Love To Hear Other Peoples Opinions

There Are 4 Types Of Matchups Small Advantageous/Disadvantageous Matchup
    Advantageous/Disadvantageous Matchup
    Large Advantageous/Disadvantageous Matchup
    And An Even Matchup

#1 Ordeaux26, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Lord Fawful likes this.
  2. Lord Fawful

Lord Fawful
    Expand Collapse
    Bearer of the Kanohi Ignika

NNID:
    LORDFAWFUL
    I like where this is headed.
    But without looking at each individual matchup you have now, I would imagine that since there are so many characters it would be best to take these things one character at a time for the most reliable results.

But you probably knew that already.

#2 Lord Fawful, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Ordeaux26

Ordeaux26
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    Ordeaux
    Yes I Do But I Am Also Looking At Other Top Level Players Opinions And The Characters Themselves

#3 Ordeaux26, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Alpine

Alpine
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    4evrsmash
    I also appreciate the amount of effort put into this and would love for an “official” sm4sh matchup chart to be released but unfortunately I don’t think that’ll ever happen :/ not that I don’t respect your attempt but imo to do so accurately would take lengthy discussion from numerous perspectives

5. Ordeaux26

Ordeaux26
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    Ordeaux
    Yeah I Agree But Now I Feel Like I'm Started This To Late Because Smash Switch Was Reviled Only Hours After This Post So Nobody Will Pay Attention To It

6. Nah

Nah
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

NNID:
    Nah527
    You have Robin and Ike mixed up--it says "Robin" next to Ike's icon and "Ike" next to Robin's icon.

7. Ordeaux26

Ordeaux26
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    Ordeaux
    I Just Fixed It And Thanks

#7 Ordeaux26, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  8. maybe.

maybe.
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Any explanation to why you think sheik is a negative match up for bayonetta? I've seen people throw this idea around alot however I haven't ever really struggled against sheik. Ya, she can destroy bayo in neutral, alot of characters can, but I think sheik is kind of combo food for bayo, typically I only need to win like two neutral interactions to get her to kill %. I also think bayo has tools to mess with most of sheiks kill options, bat within can get her out of options that work on most characters like her bouncing fish finishers. Maybe I just haven't played against really skilled sheik players but typically the sheik player will just build up rage on me with her combos but eventually I'll be able to frustrate her by avoiding her kill options and eventually I can just rage jank her or catch her in a witch time for an early kill.

9. Ordeaux26

Ordeaux26
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

NNID:
    Ordeaux
    Yeah I get your point but sheik beats bayonetta in neutral so drastically that it’s hard to nearly impossible for bayonetta to get in at Worst it’s even