• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 List of Glitches

D

Deleted member

This is the thread to discuss all glitches found in Super Smash Bros. 4 (doesn't matter which version, but Wii U version preferred). It doesn't matter whether the glitches are old or new, as some people may not know some of the older ones.

At first, let me share some of my discoveries:

Super Sonic Cancel - This glitch allows Sonic to cancel his super form and revert back to normal Sonic.
How to do?: Go to the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, grab a smash ball as Sonic, then wait for Nabbit, do the Nabbit Grabbit glitch, then use your Final Smash. What should happen is the emeralds will circle around Sonic as usual, but when the transformation hitbox activates (the one before Sonic transforms), he enters his grab release animation and Nabbit gets launched, still taking full impact from the attack.
How does this work?: I'm actually not sure, but i think it has something to do with the fact that "transforming while opponent is grabbed" was never an event that Nintendo tested or even found for that matter, and thus the game treats it as if somebody hit the opponent out of Sonic's grab, but the enemy still gets hit in full force by Sonic's attack.

Homing Attack Boost - Another Sonic "glitch", this one involves using homing attack and Nabbit. It as a good move to use for recovering
How to do?: Do the Nabbit Grabbit glitch as Sonic, then use homing attack. The result should be that the moment that the homing part of homing attack initiates, Sonic bounces off of Nabbit, yet Nabbit still remains attached to him, allowing for a faster and more efficient recovery.
How does this work?: For some reason, when Sonic does a homing attack on a glitched Nabbit, since he's there, Sonic does the homing attack bounce, but Nabbit doesn't get launched away. In additon, this can be done with Spring.

Super Sonic Galaxy Glitch - This glitch is hilarious. I don't know the specifics yet, but using the Homing Attack Boost enough, then mixing it up with the spring variant causes unique results.
How to do?: Use the Homing Attack Boost probably at least 10 times, then start using the Spring variant of it. What should happen is eventually, Sonic will use spring, and as oppose to Nabbit flying up with Sonic, he will take tremendous knockback, and actually get unattached to him, as Sonic rises up at least 4x the normal distance from his Up-B. Now you can visit the cosmos!
How does this work?: Maybe it has to do with the threshold of the Spring Attack?

Dragoon Flight Glitch - After doing the Nabbit Grabbit glitch, get the Dragoon Parts and take off! The result should be your character instantly killing Nabbit and whoever gets hit, while you character "spawns" about 3x the vertical height they usually spawn at upon using the Dragoon.
How does this work?: Nabbit Physics, most likely.

That's all i have for now. Not that any of these contribute to gameplay, but it's good for passing the time.

If you guys find anything, post it below, and i may add it to the main post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Contributions
Stuck on the ropes glitch:

Go to Little Mac's stage in Training Mode with any characters. Jump on the ropes so that you are continuously bouncing straight up and down. Now pause the game and watch what happens. :-)

This works with both your character and CPUs as well on any speed setting.

By @ D David Wonn

Last edited by a moderator:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Here is one of my own discoveries. I have others to come later, but it is late, so I'll make it brief....

Go to Little Mac's stage in Training Mode with any characters. Jump on the ropes so that you are continuously bouncing straight up and down. Now pause the game and watch what happens. :-)

D

Deleted member

Here is one of my own discoveries. I have others to come later, but it is late, so I'll make it brief....

Okay. I'll add it to the main post.

Kyris_Crass

Smash Rookie
Wario "Wectoring" was probably the funniest glitch in the game until it was patched. Does it count if it doesn't work anymore?

D

Deleted member

Wario "Wectoring" was probably the funniest glitch in the game until it was patched. Does it count if it doesn't work anymore?
Right now i am trying to focus on techniques that are still available. Wectoring was really cool, but just imagine how saddening it would be for the people who actually thought they could still do it, or, perhaps the people who were never able to do it at all.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Whether this one feels like a glitch or an exploit, it is in any event useful:

Effortless Boss Battle

Start up a game of Smash Tour with four controllers, ideally with 25 turns to increase the chances of getting a Boss Battle. Make sure that two players hit the boss once, then suicide three players, leaving one of the two attackers alive. Watch the results. :-)

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Unexpected death glitch

Take out the second target in the Master Fortress and pause the game while your character is in suspended animation. Normally you slowly fall safely and re-spawn where you beat Master Core. Pausing the game while falling will actually cause you to lose a stock.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
Vibrating GamePad Glitch
Go into stage builder (edit mode) and shoot from a large cannon. Then when your GamePad is vibrating press test. It should still be vibrating in your hand!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone before, and it only happened to me once, but I had a glitch happen during the vertical climb finale match of Smash Run on the 3DS. I used Marth's up-special to go through a pass-through platform and after he passed through the platform, he got stuck in a falling animation and just hovered over the platform. He never touched the ground to reset his control so I was stuck, I could only slide him left and right but could not in any way regain full control of him. The match ended normally, needless to say I lost thanks to this, and I never could reproduce this effect.

Top Bottom