• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Smash 4 @ Houston Arcade Expo 2016!

Smash 4 @ Houston Arcade Expo 2016!
Posted by Krebs
Crowne Plaza Hotel: Northwest-Brookhollow
Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Krebs

Smash Journeyman

Houston's Arcade Expo, running annually every single year since 2002, is now running Smash 4 tournaments with yours truly as the host!

First for the event at all, you must get a ticket. Tickets are $30 a day, $40 for a weekend pass on site.

Pre-pay 1 day tickets are $20, Pre-pay weekend passes are $30.

Ticket section of the website

Arcade Expo Website Homepage

The Smash 4 events will be on Saturday only, and we will be doing Singles and Doubles with standard Houston rules.

Singles and Doubles Ruleset
Saturday Schedule:

8am to 10am - Krebs begins setting up

10:00am - doors open to the public and registration begins!

1:00pm - Afternoon Singles

4:00pm - Doubles

7:00pm - Evening Singles

2:00am - Doors close to the public

Event Fees:

$2 TO Fee

After paying the TO Fee, you can pay to enter any of these 3 events:

$5 Afternoon Singles (64 entrant cap)

$5 Per Player Doubles (32 team cap)

$5 Evening Singles (96 entrant cap)

The 3 entry fee's above are 100% into the respective event's prize pool. Cash is rewarded to top placing players/teams.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: Do I need to bring my own controller?

A: Yes! In fact, see if you can bring a spare because there will be Expo goers looking to enter on a whim. I have 4 spare controllers, but every bit helps! Especially if you even lend your opponent a controller!

Q: Wait, why are there 2 singles events?

A: Normally at conventions/expos, passers-by walk by at say 2:00pm asking about the event, and how they can enter. In the past I've had to tell them "Sorry, we started one hour ago", and that's it. With THIS however, I can tell them hey, you can register for the 7pm Tournament!

Q: How many setups will there be?

A: I will be supplying all full setups. There will be 6 in the area we are given, hence the event caps.

Q: If I lose once... Am I out?

A: No! The bracket is double elimination so you get at least two tries! You could win the ENTIRE tournament overall even if you lose your first match in Winner's bracket!

Q: This is cool! Where can I find other tournaments like this?

A: In the Houston Smash 4 Facebook page! There are Tournament Organizers like myself all around the city, and there are various weeklies and monthlies that are all worth checking out! When you join, check the pinned post for a list of all events!

Top Bottom