• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Collegiate

For anyone who find themselves fans of The Melee Games and how it brings together some of the best college Smashers in epic crew battles but have always wished something similar existed for Smash 4 this announcement is going to rock. It's time for the beginning of the Smash 4 Collegiate! Being hosted with efforts from Max Ketchum, Toronto Joe, and The Smash Hub Team, this will take some of the best Smash 4 college bound players from North America and Canada and pit them together to see who is truly the best.

Some events to compete at have already been announced and sign ups are available on its smash.gg page. More information on the event can be found on its announcement on TheSmasHub, its official Facebook page, and its official Twitter. Excited to see Smash 4 collegiate play? Let us know about it in the comment below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future Smash news!

Comments

There isn't any rules regarding Customs or miis, so i'm curious to see if they will make their stance on that. I'd like to join, but I need to know what they're going with.

Believe me, University of Illinois has been waiting. Sadly, I think the crown will go to University of Michigan though in the Midwest.

"North America and Canada"

Canadian Smashers are so good they define a whole new continent huh? Unless it's the northern US states the article is talking about. :p

Might check this out!

Cool.
Makes me wish Cornell had more Sm4sh mains, I don't get enough access/chances to practice to Melee to git gud but I do enjoy PM:b:

I wonder if I could scrounge up enough players if I tried :dizzy:

Last edited:
Oh man, DigiPen Institute of Technology is getting hyped. I'm organizing a team, already have at least 5 people interested. I just hope we have time to play games when we're not busy developing games!

Cool.
Makes me wish Cornell had more Sm4sh mains, I don't get enough access/chances to practice to Melee to git gud but I do enjoy PM:b:

I wonder if I could scrounge up enough players if I tried :dizzy:
I played with a bunch of them this weekend at Cusetown. Where have you been looking?

I played with a bunch of them this weekend at Cusetown. Where have you been looking?
Oh I know all about Cusetown. Had to miss it for work n' stuff though. I just mean Sm4sh only mains who would be dedicated enough to go all the way to MA. Though I wonder if the other smash games will be there...
Anyway, I'll probably/definitely be able to catch 4-5 guys.

Anyway, I let everyone know on the FB group. Cornell comin in!
Also TBH now that I go here I'll probably be able to find Melee practice -_-
Time to start prepping!

Times like these make me wish that I didn't live in such a desolate area for smash. (The closest place that anything happens in for me is like...10 hours away.)

As epic as this would be, it feels like Hawaii is left way out in the cold here... And it doesn't even drop below 60'F here!
No way could the airfare for a team be feasible... Oh well, UH will have it's day some other time.

The monthly I always attend will actually be holding this event next month, so I'll be seeing it firsthand. Can't wait to see how it goes down!

Top Bottom