• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 BR: Top 25 Players (Summer Of Smash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Alright so here's the deal. The top 100 players thing kind of took a dive with some hardcore negative reactions to the idea of ranking players before Genesis 3. Well Twitter is buzzing again and asking for a top list. I wanted to revive the project to be done right at the end of 2016 moving into 2017 but as MIOM likes to do updates mid summer (or how Tafo likes to do little things like a Melee PR on Redbull eSports) I think it's time we took a stab at this again. I'm going to quickly make a list of people worth voting on. These are all names you prooobably should know by now. A bunch will be at POUND 2016 as well. Watch the heck out of that event. Check out my list, see if I'm honestly missing anyone who could potentially be top 25, we vote, I'll make some nice blurbs... BOOM. Ready for this?

Tweek
9B
K9
SS
Ito
falln
Tearbear
ZeRo
VoiD
ANTi
Dabuz
Ranai
FOW
Nairo
Larry Lurr
Hyuga
Mr. R
ESAM
NAKAT
Mew2King
Ally
Abadango
Trela
6WX
MVD
StaticManny
Nick Riddle
Seagull Joe
Zinoto
Marss
False
Karna
Trevonte
Cacogen
Shaky
Tyrant
Rain
Ryuga
Xzax
Koolaid
Ryo
Pink Fresh
Fatality

Now when looking for names to add, let's keep in mind THIS IS A TOP 25. I already stretched it thin with these 50. If you want to suggest someone PLEASE make sure it can be backed up. Folks who visit the states enough to be able to rate.

ALSO pop names in here from that list that stand no chance. I see no reason to make voting much harder than it already is. I just popped in 50 relevant names, let's get them down to reasonable numbers, like 30-35.

Let's do this. After Pound 2016 I want the list finalized by APRIL 4th so they can start having discussions and be voted on the rest of the month. Let's make this project happen guys!

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
How did you go about choosing these names? Was it just names you knew? I know not all of them are meant to be on the final list, but I'm a bit shocked by names like C3P0 and The Wall.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
How did you go about choosing these names? Was it just names you knew? I know not all of them are meant to be on the final list, but I'm a bit shocked by names like C3P0 and The Wall.
A lot of em people I knew, others at the top of power rankings. It's a solid enough list to at least work with for who needs in/out. It's why I asked for input though for sure.

Edit: As a worthwhile note, some folks in a big S4 facebook group are making name suggestions too for who to keep/remove.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The main suggestion that comes to mind is Komorikiri, who is currently ranked #1 on the eSports Runner Japan PR. I'm well aware that his US tournament history is quite limited (being that he's been in the US for about a week's worth of time) and his main US result was 17th at GENESIS 3. Despite that, I find it major enough to warrant his inclusion.

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
This is actually a pretty solid list of names. Although I would add Tyroy and Ned (Both players from Chicago) player onto the list.

Ned (Zero Suit Samus/Cloud)

-Ally
-DKWill
-Zinoto

Tyroy (Bayonetta)

-Hyuga
-Mr. R
-MJG

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
What have Ned and Tyroy done? I've never even heard of Ned, and only heard about Tyroy once for Bayo? On that note is there certain criteria that needs to be met to be on the list?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What actions should we take now that it's post-Pound? The list looks solid.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom