• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 app concept

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
I doubt that Nintendo would actually endorse this Idea, but what there was in app that you go to touneys, and based on your placings you would get points to show how good you are. I know this Idea already exists on smashboards, but I think this would a really good idea on your phone if executed properly.

Nintendo's been making mobile websites for some of their services lately like Miiverse and Mario Kart TV (I think those might actually be the only ones...), so I can see them creating one for Smash Bros.

An actual app is out of the question.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I doubt that Nintendo would actually endorse this Idea, but what there was in app that you go to touneys, and based on your placings you would get points to show how good you are. I know this Idea already exists on smashboards, but I think this would a really good idea on your phone if executed properly.
They could do something similar to Mario Kart 8, but I would like what you suggested.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Like people have said, I really doubt we'll ever see a official Nintendo app on a phone or tablet. However, I can see some fans making one, and Nintendo could make a website or an area of Miiverse for something like this.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
This is the one place Nintendo has really been dragging with. They do not have to put out core games on iOS as it cannibalizes their portable market, I get that, but in the name of all that is right with the devil, it just doesn't make sense in 2014 to not have some sort of interactivity with the iOS and Android marketplaces.

Top scores, messages, miiverse stuff - that should all have a native application.

This is the one place Nintendo has really been dragging with. They do not have to put out core games on iOS as it cannibalizes their portable market, I get that, but in the name of all that is right with the devil, it just doesn't make sense in 2014 to not have some sort of interactivity with the iOS and Android marketplaces.

Top scores, messages, miiverse stuff - that should all have a native application.
Maybe it's just me that sees it like this, but with all the pressure Nintendo's higher ups face from shareholders and investors to put games on the iOS and Android market, making apps as small as this can add fuel to the flames.

Last edited:

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185

It makes sense that they wouldn't actually do it. But at the same time, I would be surprised if it wasn't implemented in the Wii U or 3DS.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Maybe it's just me that sees it like this, but with all the pressure Nintendo's higher ups face from shareholders and investors to put games on the iOS and Android market, making apps as small as this can add fuel to the flames.
That's actually a fair call - it will only add fuel to the fire, but perhaps this could simply be remedied by making small eshop titles that could stretch across multiple platforms (i.e. never do a full pokemon game, but if you wanted to do like a small puzzle title that could come out for 3DS, iOS and Android that could be a good compromise)

Still - some sort of companion app for the wii u would be really nice.

Ellipsis

Smash Cadet
An actual app (on a mobile phone) is impossible, for copyright reasons.
I'm not so sure about this. Let's say Smashboards or some site like it maintained the rankings. Then we could theoretically get a Smashboards app instead of a Nintendo app, all without claiming to be associated with Smash Bros. Keeping track of scores in a game is not copyright infringement.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure about this. Let's say Smashboards or some site like it maintained the rankings. Then we could theoretically get a Smashboards app instead of a Nintendo app, all without claiming to be associated with Smash Bros. Keeping track of scores in a game is not copyright infringement.
I'm referring to NINTENDO making an app for Smash Bros.

Top Bottom