• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash’s New Villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan2005

Smash Rookie
So, a lot of people are trying to pinpoint characters based on a hero vs villain debate, that starting during the Direct. A lot of people believe that this is pointing towards a lot of new villains joining the fight for the rosters when the game comes out soon. A lot of people believe that this works well, seeing as we got Ridley, Dark Samus, and K Rool. A lot of people are also pointing to this adding skull kid into the roster, seeing as he was the main antagonist to Young Link in Ocarania of time, and we have yet to see his assist trophy. A lot of people are also arguing Shadow could be the viallian for Sonic, however I see him as more of an anti-hero. But then again, I thought the same thing about Meta-Knight, so who knows what Sakurai is planning. However, if this is really what the game is going for, then would it be possible to get some main stream villians into Smash, however, not ones that are the antagonist to the main character.
Can we get some villians that are the main character. Bayonetta is kinda this, based on how you judge her actions in the game as, but I want a hard core diffinitve evil villain main character in Smash. I also want to hear other peoples ideas, seeing as their are plenty out their to choose from. So that’s what this is. I takes away you diffinitve amazing Nintendo hero speculation, which many people have used to argue their characters a possible slot on the roster, but instead, forces them to look for the dirty and grindy characters, the one that could bring a whole the level of depth to roster. My personal pick? The Overlord from Overlord Dark Legends. This is arguably one of the best villain franchises ever, where you as the player, are the main villain, and its your job to kill off all of the hero’s. That’s what makes the game so interesting. It takes a twist on all of the modern day two sided good vs evil debates, and adds a whole new level into the mix. This is something that Bayonetta has just barely been able to scratch in her games, meaning it something that Smash really has yet to tackle.
So, the question is. Can he work in Smash? I really done see why not. You can just copy and paste his move set from the main games, just like what you did with Bayonetta, however they may need to add a few moves of their own, such as a counter and a recovery. I suppose he could always be thrown into the by something. Now, the main question is more about the series then the character. He really does fall under an indentical boat as Bayonetta. Kinda of an inappropriate series, highly enjoyed character 3rd party, with installments that where Realesed strictly on Nintendo consel, one on the wii, being Dark legends, and a spin off game staring the minions for DS. However, both of the Nintendo exclusives in the series where majorly toned down, in order to make the more child friendly, vs the other two which would be questionable to be on a Nintendo consel. Now here is where things get tricky. Bayonetta did have her sequel on the Wii U. But, A: The Wii U is a arable mistake people are still trying to forget about, and B: It was still a little to much grown up to be a kids game, still having a big fat M as a ratings, vs Overlords two games, which were brought down from two M’s to two T’s, making them both far more child friendly. That does make it seem like overlord has far more going for it, it being on two far more successful Nintendo consels then Bayonetta, and just having far more games overall.
The main problem I see is the fact that Bayonetta was just more relevant than the Overlord. Her game may have came out on a worse consel, but it was a far more relevant consel, meaning she would have been in Sakurai’s eyes faster than the overlord. She was also much easier to put into smash, her entire move set being a copy and paste, and while you can do that for most of the Overlord, you will still need to do at least a bit of work on at least a recovery. Now, could I see them doing it? Yes.
Another main issue I see, is that the two games on the Nintendo consels, didn’t do so well compared to the other two games, one doing really well in the heart of PlayStation gamers everywhere. And in the end, they would use the Overlord from dark Lengends over the other two, imply because it was on their consel, and was the most child friendly of the overlords, not having a Mistress in the game, allowing it to revive that T for Teens rating. So, I could easily see them putting the Overlord into Smash, he has around just as much going for him as Bayonetta does, exsept for relevancy, however I don’t see Sakurai putting him the game, at least not as a original roster character, seeing as he got absolutely not rep at all in the ballot, which so far has decided most of the characters that has made it into smash. He would be an other 3rd party rep, and with Castlevania already added, that would be two third parties added to the game in the base roster alone, and wouldn’t be a case of Mega-Man, Sonic, and PAC-Man, seeing as those are all gaming legends, while the Overlord does have a decent fan base to back him up, he just doesn’t have th fame more iconic and recent 3rd party characters like Shadow from Sonic or Ken from Streefighter have. So I don’t see him getting into the main roster, I could see him as possible DLC, if that even happenes for this game, however I do know that he would be a great addition to the roster, could fit really well, and overall, is the one character of mine I really want to make in who I actually see as a decent possibility.
So tell me, what characters that are mainstream villians do you want in smash, and do you truly believe that they have a chance in smash. And in the end, its just fun to talk about new possible characters, and debating their chances just brings me with with joy. Cya! :)

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Okay, no.

I can’t see the Overlord being a character. I don’t even really know who the character is based on your description.

Here’s some advice, break your text down into paragraphs. You have a long wall of text that changes drastically from talking about the villains trend to talking about your favorite franchise, to talking about how you seem to hate Bayonetta. The more bullet pointed you make this, the easier it would be for me and others to read.

Also, if it’s villains you’d like to speak about, might I point you to my already pre-established villains thread.
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...read-talking-about-the-villains-trend.457139/

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Okay, no.

I can’t see the Overlord being a character. I don’t even really know who the character is based on your description.

Here’s some advice, break your text down into paragraphs. You have a long wall of text that changes drastically from talking about the villains trend to talking about your favorite franchise, to talking about how you seem to hate Bayonetta. The more bullet pointed you make this, the easier it would be for me and others to read.

Also, if it’s villains you’d like to speak about, might I point you to my already pre-established villains thread.
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...read-talking-about-the-villains-trend.457139/
161858-909c610d0a513b96d9d37aaf25c539ad.jpg

This is the Overload. (Guy in the armour)

Not bad games tbh

Attachments

Last edited:

Revan2005

Smash Rookie
Y’all are all right. Completely sorry. This was actually a copy and paste of a paper my friend gave to me. They don’t have access, so I did it all on in a rush and just re typed up what the paper said. They brought up the topic, I agreeed, and asked me to do a favor. I’ll try to do better in the future. I owed him a favor, and while I usually don’t do this type of stuff, he kinda begged and I couldn’t say no. I also had something to do, so I didn’t care about the way it looked and just sped threw it. I tried separating it a bit, however there was only so much I could do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom