• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Worthless AT

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
To my knowledge this hasn't been discovered. Basically ROB can throw a banana and catch it (called a weak glide toss), but instead of going the full distance of the glide toss its possible to do with a soft glide toss. To my knowledge this is not possible do both a weak glide toss and a soft glide toss with the gryo, meaning this is only useful against diddy players.

Here is a link going in depth into weak glide toss:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229508

and a vid on how to perform weak glide toss:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVezocdi2uI

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to make and upload a vid of this technique in particular so if anyone can help me w/ that it would be much appreciated.

To actually make this thread kinda useful I'm going to post an old technique that is extremely useful, but I don't believe is widely known despite being mentioned in the ROB community guide (I could be wrong though).

It is simply you do a dash then an up-B. The up-b will preserve momentum making you travel quicker through the air. Where it can get useful is if you RAR then do the up-b so your forward momentum is preserved but your facing away. The edge guarding possibilities alone impressive. Here is a vid demonstrating this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz8QUMdMij8#t=1m33s

Also this can be performed from both a standing position (if you buffer the up-b) and at any time while running (both going forward and RARing). I personally find doing it while running easier to perform if your having difficulty.

Hope this was all easy to understand.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
alot of rob members know this but its far too taxing for us, especially being as said "immobile", especially when MK is taken into the picture. any time time wasted being immobile will cost us bits and pieces of oppurtunities to actually do something worthwhile. it is nice to be able to do this especially if one is mentally guard broken or mindF*** as others may call it.

and about the upB thing, you should try that out of a glide toss :D fun stuff. aerow (hawaii ROB player?) he uses that stuff too. and that japanese ROB player, his name eludes me does alot of that stuff and more.

cool **** on taking the initiative to help us add more stuff to ROB's game <3

edit: didnt noticed you put "small worthless AT" teehee

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Wait... can R.O.B. glide-toss and simultaneous drop an item (like a Fan)?

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
wow completely mixed up my terminology let me fix it really quick.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't understand what you're trying to say is a new (and worthless AT).

It almost sounds like you were trying to say something about a Soft Glide-toss and then went on to a different AT which sounds like the Dash Burner & Reverse Dash Burner.

Top Bottom