• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small issue i've been having, can't seem to get up air followups on certain DI

GRsmash

Smash Rookie
I know this might be a specific problem to me, but i can't really seem to follow up on the cargo upthrow when they di backwards or forwards. I know it's me because i've watched many videos of DK players and they mostly seem to be able to do it. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong, am i possibly not acting out of the grab fast enough? I can easily get a 0 to death out of bad DI, but i seem to literally never get an up air when they di backward or forward. Any help is appreciated. I've added a picture example of DI i can't seem to followup on. Also sidenote, what stick radius should i be using on dolphin? I have no idea as i usually play on console.

Last edited:

GRsmash

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure, i've definitely seen Phish it pull off an up air on DI away but maybe i need to look at the percents better. It's possible i was mistaken.

GRsmash

Smash Rookie
Yeah i'm pretty sure it was an issue with my stick radius setting in dolphin causing dashing to be more difficult, i have fixed it, thanks guys.

Top Bottom