• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [Sm4sh Mods] (Unofficial) Patch 1.1.7: The Fan Patch [Discontinued. See Updated Thread for details]

D

Deleted member

Has this mod been abandoned? I can understand if people lost interest or if they can't find the time to work on it anymore, but at least post an update saying as much.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
this is what i feel is all falco needs :
  • weight : 82 > 94.
  • running speed : 1.472 > 1.55.
  • air speed : 0.93 > 1.
  • laser : travels faster, FAF 59 > 46
  • HUGE weight increase. I do like the rest though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even I find a weight buff that high to be too much for Falco. The only change that I gave to him is a run speed increase, but he could also go for a start-up lag decrease for his d-air.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
His Blaster is terrible, too. And what's more, they really need to get rid of that dumb sourspot on his down smash.

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
I hope the project is continued. I always found it fun to explore and try out the changes that patches brought.

Also, am I misunderstanding, or are the Dr. Mario changes not released yet? They aren't in the download linked in the original post.

Last edited:

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
If the mod IS dead, then it would be a real shame, since its intentions sounded very nice (even if my Doc suggestions were completely disregarded...).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the mod IS dead, then it would be a real shame, since its intentions sounded very nice (even if my Doc suggestions were completely disregarded...).
Some people are quite busy with their personal lives. That's pretty much the reason why Sm4shExplorer has not been updated for quite a while.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This project isn't dead, but progress is rather slow, so I have a minor announcement to make.

As development on Patch 1.1.7 has slowly came to a crawl, we chose to merge with another group which happened to share our common goal, but that's all I can say at this time. Stay tuned for any future announcements.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I hope the project is continued. I always found it fun to explore and try out the changes that patches brought.

Also, am I misunderstanding, or are the Dr. Mario changes not released yet? They aren't in the download linked in the original post.
Since they came from a balance mod I made while back, I could probably release it (separately) soon.

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
If were still updating this project I was gonna have some suggestions for :4link:. Hopefully these aren't too much.:

Link:
Jumpsquat: frame 7->frame 5.

Run speed increased: 1.3944->1.52.

Air acceleration: increased(0.04->0.055).

Air speed: increased from 0.88->1.00(now matches:linkmelee:).

Jab 1 startup:7->4.

Jab 1 faf:28->23(now in between where it was pre patch and now).

Jab 2 and 3 also receive a endlag reduction 21->19(jab 2) 37->31(jab 3).

Neutral air:now frame 4 like melee.

Up B: sourspot removed,faf decreased (82->60) startup decreased(8->5).

Uptilt: faf:36->30 Base knockback and damage increased9% 30 bkb-> 11% 45 bkb knockback to make it safer at low % growth reduced a bit 122/130/123/124->111/119/111/112 to balance out the damage and base knock back increase.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the update guys. Glad to know it's still being worked on :)

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
how about don't give mewtwo a buff at all, he's already good.
Everyone except the top tiers should be buffed. Mewtwo isn't top tier. High tier maybe, but not top.

how do you even program that, there are no ingame values for being onstage or offstage.
It would be whether the character had ground beneath them or not.

i'd like to see pit's f-throw stronger to kill earlier and give pitoo a better d-throw for combos (reduced endlag).
How about instead of focusing on grabs and throws (which are used loads), we should look at something else that doesn't make much sense; Side Tilt. Pit's is randomly stronger than Dark Pit's, even though they have exactly the same frame data and hitbox. I suggest Dark Pit's either deals more damage than Pit's to compensate for the less knockback, or Dark Pit's gets a reduction in lag so that he can use the move for some combos.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Everyone except the top tiers should be buffed. Mewtwo isn't top tier. High tier maybe, but not top.
why? abadango has shown time and time again that mewtwo is perfectly viable in top level play, his pros/cons makes him very fun to play as or against.
It would be whether the character had ground beneath them or not.
well most rests are done after a short-hop, alot of characters rely on aerials on-stage to kill, you can be away from the ground while still being onstage, i thought everybody knew this.
How about instead of focusing on grabs and throws (which are used loads), we should look at something else that doesn't make much sense; Side Tilt. Pit's is randomly stronger than Dark Pit's, even though they have exactly the same frame data and hitbox. I suggest Dark Pit's either deals more damage than Pit's to compensate for the less knockback, or Dark Pit's gets a reduction in lag so that he can use the move for some combos.
pitoo's f-tilt can jab reset while pit's can't so it does have its uses/pros, plus if you watch Earth (the japanese pit) you'll realize that pit/pitoo's throws aren't very rewarding at high level play as DI ruins d-throw combos past 40ish percents and f-throw doesn't kill until much later when staled making it not very rewarding considering how much pit relies on it.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
well most rests are done after a short-hop, alot of characters rely on aerials on-stage to kill, you can be away from the ground while still being onstage, i thought every body knew this.
Dude I mean whether there is ground below them, not whether they are on the ground. You canbe in the air and have ground below you, I thought everybody knew this.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
There is indeed no current way to have the game recognize whether or not there is ground below you for an attack's specifications. The only thing it has is recognition to ledges for obvious reasons.

Halcy0n

Smash Cadet
Time for some brain dead buffs to characters that they probably don't need:

:4myfriends: Jumpsquat: 7 Frames -> 6 Frames
Uthrow: KBG 72 -> 70

:4falco:Blaster: FAF 59 -> 49
Blaster (Aerial) FAF 50 -> 40
Run Speed: 1.472 -> 1.51
Air Speed: 0.93 -> 0.96

:4luigi:Air Speed: 0.73418 -> 0.78418
Down Taunt: Damage 2 -> 3
Dthrow: KBG 83 -> 80

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Time for some brain dead buffs to characters that they probably don't need:

:4myfriends: Jumpsquat: 7 Frames -> 6 Frames
Uthrow: KBG 72 -> 70

:4falco:Blaster: FAF 59 -> 49
Blaster (Aerial) FAF 50 -> 40
Run Speed: 1.472 -> 1.51
Air Speed: 0.93 -> 0.96

:4luigi:Air Speed: 0.73418 -> 0.78418
Down Taunt: Damage 2 -> 3
Dthrow: KBG 83 -> 80
i like this but falco's blaster needs the shots to travel faster, they are curruntly very slow and cover a small distance before dissapearing, and luigi doesn't need the air speed buff since it will make his throw combo game scarier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i like this but falco's blaster needs the shots to travel faster, they are curruntly very slow and cover a small distance before dissapearing, and luigi doesn't need the air speed buff since it will make his throw combo game scarier.
On the other hand, Luigi's recovery is not very good when he has the second worst air speed in the game. And not everyone can tap buttons at super fast rates, which can make it tough to gain height with Luigi Cyclone.

Better air speed would at least help fix those issues, and it should be noted that Luigi's aerial attacks are less effective at being follow-up attacks against higher damaged targets.

Last edited:

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Then why not more distance to Green Missile?
As a Luigi main, one of the most infuriating things is being off-stage without a double jump. Green missile doesn't slow falling speed and has to be charged. Also, if the opponent knows what they're doing they will purposely get hit by it so it doesn't go as far. Luigi Cyclone is better for horizontal because of increased air speed and being able to rise. Due to his air speed he is dead without double jump, even if you're ConCon. The only way to recover without a double jump is hoping for a misfire and not getting gimped during his slow recovery.

Halcy0n

Smash Cadet
Here's a welcomed buff for Samus:

Dsmash:
  • (Hit 1) BKB 70 -> 80
  • (Hit 1) KBG 46 -> 50
  • (Hit 1) Damage uncharged 10 -> 13
  • (Hit 2) BKB 70 -> 80
  • (Hit 2) KBG 48 -> 50
  • (Hit 2) Damage uncharged 12 -> 15
I'm not sure what the fully charged damage values would be, if someone could tell me that would be great.
Watch someone ***** about this being broken.

Last edited:

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Here's a welcomed buff for Samus:

Dsmash:
  • (Hit 1) BKB 70 -> 80
  • (Hit 1) KBG 46 -> 50
  • (Hit 1) Damage uncharged 10 -> 13
  • (Hit 2) BKB 70 -> 80
  • (Hit 2) KBG 48 -> 50
  • (Hit 2) Damage uncharged 12 -> 15
I'm not sure what the fully charged damage values would be, if someone could tell me that would be great.
Watch someone ***** about this being broken.
The thing is dsmash is a useless move and if I remember correctly dtilt is stronger anyway.

Halcy0n

Smash Cadet
The thing is dsmash is a useless move and if I remember correctly dtilt is stronger anyway.
Dtilt is stronger than Dsmash but the difference is really small. The changes I listed make it so Dsmash can have a use and kill before 150%.
Also, Dtilt can't catch rolls very well.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
The main purpose of her DSmash is for it to be a "get-off-me" move rather than a kill move. Each move has a certain use you know; not all smash attacks would have a single purpose of being a KO-move.

Last edited:

DX '99

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alex1-up
3DS FC
1934-1654-0351
Someone's got to speak up about it. I'm just trying my best to make myself VERY clear about this problem. It's been there since the release of this game, and it's been long enough. I want everyone to be happy when this problem gets fixed.
That's just part of the game though. Sure it sucks, but it kinda makes sense for the guy who was offstage before the guy who was launched upward. And if anything should be changed it should be the instant upward KOs being removed.

If I may suggest a change, I feel like Ryu's end lag after throwing hadouken is a little long. Honestly, it's even longer than it is in Street Fighter, and it's not even that good of a projectile. This leaves Ryu, VERY vulnerable after throwing a hadouken. Not to mention there can only be one thrown at a time. What I want is the end lag decreased. That's ALL I want changed on Ryu, I know he's on overall okay character, but I don't see why he needs so much end lag on Hadouken. It's much easier to avoid than the other projectiles.
So, please, decrease end lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom