• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SM4SH iOS app for quick reference and guides

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
SM4SH is currently in development for the iOS app store.
v

instagram.com/p/ufV1ZVzZIr/?modal=true
(aw sorry I don't have 10 posts yet just copy and paste link)

Hi smashboards. wow it's been awhile since i've been here, but I've been excited to play smash again after playing Smash 4.
So I have started to work on this app of mine called SM4SH because I've no idea how the meta game is now days and I need a quick reference on maybe match ups and frame data. I like how other apps for fighting games tell me what I need to know and I don't have to remember every little thing about each character. A mobile app is a great idea to pull out during breaks and coach yourself on the match at hand.

Does anybody else interested in this sorta app? For me personally I need maybe all the general tech and then all the characters' tech to be readily available to me to learn about because sometime I wonder why I can't punish a certain attack or why I get beat out etc.

If people think it's a bad idea, it's okay for me because I'm learning from developing this app and I'll be using it for personal use.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I'd certainly be interested. It's much quicker and easier than booting up a laptop or flicking through a strategy guide, and it's easier to glance at for a quick reference mid-match if necessary. Go for it!

ezm1100

Smash Rookie
NNID
ezm1100
3DS FC
4313-2554-8581
This seems like something that I'd be interested in.

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
Smash 4 has a ton of characters O_O I think I'll be only able to just get every characters basic move sets and custom move sets with damage percents by Wii U release. Hopefully I get those custom moves... it just takes a long time and I capture screen shots for it too. I need help in maybe collecting techniques for characters, if anyone wants to contribute. I'll update on a new vid link once I got 10 posts lol.

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
Hi guys thank you for your interest in this app of mine.. I've been working hard on unlocking all the custom moves for everyone and didn't think that it will take this dang long! But I'm in the process of just getting all the basic info into the app. Working on this app with very little free time is hard but hopefully as I get time off on the holidays I'll get to work more on this app. If anyone wants to help out in the mean time like maybe linking me too cool tech of characters you want to see in the app or like smash 4 fundamentals, I'd very much appreciate it!

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
how's the app coming along? I'm extremely interested! If i had knowledge in the field I would love to help but unfortunately I do not.

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
Slowly but surely working on it. Taking snapshots of most of the moves takes a long time XD trying to find to time to play and work on it is hard.

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
Sound like a great idea, defintely a useful tool. I know eventhubs has a match up table. I don't know if anyone has frame data yet though.

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
yup this is going to be an on going project. Pretty much version one of this app will be very barebones with pretty much information most people would know or just know about their own characters. As time goes on I'll just update the app with the new info or changes.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
I could see this being a great resource for the smash community, I know I have used other similar apps for other games.

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
Major update! I now can focus more on actually filling info into the app. Right now mostly gibberish info.
instagram.com/p/x3NELfTZJH/ copy paste to view a small vid on what's up.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Posting here because I'd like to know as soon as it's up. The last app like this was taken down almost immediately. I intend to snag it before that happens.

Last edited:

Nintendoid

Smash Rookie
For a new player this would be great as searching google for information seems to give me variation of results and peoples opinions sometimes conflict making my choose of strategies etc... vary loads... one resource would be great :)

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
oh hey guys looks like there is an app like mines in the works that is being funded and looks like they have a lot more man power working on it. soo looks like my app will be put on hold for now if I don't find this app helpful. I've been doing this on my free time with no money to support me, so i'll be spending that time on building something new. Thanks guys for watching my progress.

Top Bottom