• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sm4sh for Switch

Who thinks Smash 4 should come to Nintendo Switch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Tbh with ultimate there not much of a point.

I’ve thought of the idea of carrying over older smash titles in a collection, 64, melee, brawl, sm4sh.

It seems Nintendo is not as interested in that like Capcom is with older street fighter titles.

GhostM

Phantom
There’s no point really if Ultimate is a faster version of Smash 4. Smash 4’s speed at the time was fine until Ultimate got it just right, and many have moved on to Ultimate. There’s no point in bringing it back if everyone else is going to be playing Ultimate.

I don’t think they would bother to bring the older smash titles such as 64 and such since it’s not one of their priorities. Would be surprised if they brought them to Switch, but I highly doubt it.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Tbh with ultimate there not much of a point.

I’ve thought of the idea of carrying over older smash titles in a collection, 64, melee, brawl, sm4sh.

It seems Nintendo is not as interested in that like Capcom is with older street fighter titles.
I agree with the idea of a collection, though I'm not sure how they would handle the 3DS version. Most likely they wouldn't include it at all, though they could port the exclusive stages and modes to Smash Wii U for a "complete edition" of sorts.

There are, of course, other issues like online play and controller emulation; the games might feel slow (besides Melee), clunky or incomplete when compared back to back with Ultimate; and the potential cart/download size would be pretty insane (~20 GB from my research, compared to Ultimate's 13.6 GB). It might be worth a shot if Ultimate's hype ever dies down, but I don't see it happening in the near future, especially with DLC still on the way.

Top Bottom