• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slippi/Competitive Community

Chillen-

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
chill#283
I personally hate the mentality of the players online. My favorite character to play as is Link in most smash games including Melee. So when Slippi came out I sought out to get as good with the character in Melee as I could. I'm actively trying to figure him out and understand matchups. I know he isn't the best but it's just fun for me to play him. The part I hate is that probably 60%-80% of the time I get people who quit out as soon as the match starts just because they don't want to play against a Link. I honestly don't understand the way of thinking that you HAVE to play certain characters or else it isn't playing the game. I wish this was rare but it seems to be most of the people I match up against. It's to the point now where if I find someone who doesn't quit out before it starts I just play them over and over again to try and avoid those guys. I know this community has a deep long history but I just with this narrow mindedness didn't exist. Otherwise I'm having fun playing online.

Tahjima

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Amir#786
Yah bro I'm tryna find some really good people to fight so I can get rocked over and over to level up exponentially

Top Bottom