• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slingshot link tech

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
I see a lot of neat stuff with slingshot, but nothing that's really particular for link that's practical....

I see a lot of neat stuff with slingshot, but nothing that's really particular for link that's practical....
The only thing I've noticed is that it makes down-tilt -> full hop back-air easier, which potentially then combos into up-B if you somehow land down-tilt at 0%. That's something like 42% off of a single interaction, but it may be susceptible to DI (I don't have a good way to test with how specific the DI would have to be) and is super limited in percent compared to a simple up-B. So not that useful, but at least it's something.

If I had to guess, it's mostly going to be useful as an extra tool to do bomb stuff, but that's never been something I've personally done well so I'm out of my element there. Hope you find something good.

iYi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wolfpacksounds
It's very useful at ledge traps to z drop slingshot back to center stage and do normal link zoning. Covers many options
I should be more specific ;slingshot to center stage > z drop > Nair, D tilt, D smash, U smash, run back rang, etc is what I usually do. It really does open up many options for ledge traps. I love slingshot > z drop > shimmy dupe walk swag mind games > oh? What's next there bud? Lol

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
I should be more specific ;slingshot to center stage > z drop > Nair, D tilt, D smash, U smash, run back rang, etc is what I usually do. It really does open up many options for ledge traps. I love slingshot > z drop > shimmy dupe walk swag mind games > oh? What's next there bud? Lol
You made me physically laugh out loud😆. But yeah that makes sense especially with slingshot nair covering roll

Reactions: iYi
Top Bottom