• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slime is Good to goo! Here to cheer up your favorite DQ heroes!

D

Deleted member

Nope. Someone found out that the Japanese text said "Erodoriko" instead of "Loto". Why it took this long to translate, I don't know.
Different 5ch leak, not the Doomguy/Steve/Hayabusa one. The one they were referring to only had Joker and Erdrick, and listed various info for them including their stages (Mementos and Alefgard respectively), and parts of their moveset (in this case, Slime appearing in one of Erdrick's abilities or other animations). This one does use the correct Japanese name.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
A gut feeling is telling me that "brave" might actually be Slime instead of Erdrick, maybe it's because the situation is reminding me of what happened to Chrom back in Smash 4. With all that said, Slime is a character that I was interested in even before the hubbub about Dragon Quest came up in leaks. Count me in as a supporter, I do want to see this cute monster in Smash.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Different 5ch leak, not the Doomguy/Steve/Hayabusa one. The one they were referring to only had Joker and Erdrick, and listed various info for them including their stages (Mementos and Alefgard respectively), and parts of their moveset (in this case, Slime appearing in one of Erdrick's abilities or other animations). This one does use the correct Japanese name.
Well after the 3.0 update, things certainly have gotten interesting in regards to this leak's credibility. Jack Frost is nowhere to be seen...
Maybe this is the thing our slimy friend needed after all...

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Erdrick may be a more popular DQ pick by fans but Slime has a more unique moveset.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I made a speculation video about the Fighters Pass, and Slime is one of my 4 picks for DLC:
Please excuse the sandbag-like voice.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I find it funny that even when 4 completely different DQ protagonists end up playable instead of slime,

It still manages to make it front and center appearance in promotional material. It's like they had to put it there just so casuals would make the connection that the character behind it was actually some dude from DQ and not Android 17.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If nothing else, Slime is THE character #2 for them to go with when it comes to Dragon Quest.

...there just needs to be a character number #2.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And on the stage.
And in a victory animation, and a jiggly Mii hat, and both the Hero's classic mode and the spirit board have battles referencing Slimes, with the latter giving you an enhanceable spirit. It screams "We're not giving you Slime but at least you get a bunch of reminders of it."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And in a victory animation, and a jiggly Mii hat, and both the Hero's classic mode and the spirit board have battles referencing Slimes, with the latter giving you an enhanceable spirit. It screams "We're not giving you Slime but at least you get a bunch of reminders of it."
I expect nothing less from the mascot of the Franchise. It definitely got a lot of love~

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If nothing else, Slime is THE character #2 for them to go with when it comes to Dragon Quest.

...there just needs to be a character number #2.
That's most definitely helpful, at least we know which character most DQ fans would rally up behind next. If it concerned the secondary characters, we wouldn't know where to start.

Only issue is that none of the third parties have gotten a second series character that isn't an Echo so far, so we have no way of knowing if that trend will be broken this time (especially if there's no further DLC after the pass ends, like most people think).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's most definitely helpful, at least we know which character most DQ fans would rally up behind next. If it concerned the secondary characters, we wouldn't know where to start.

Only issue is that none of the third parties have gotten a second series character that isn't an Echo so far, so we have no way of knowing if that trend will be broken this time (especially if there's no further DLC after the pass ends, like most people think).
Though to be honest, a female Hero Echo variant does sound plausible, since they're the same style as regular Hero. Proportion issues might be problematic, though.

I'd totally take Slime first, of course. Yay for the bubbly blue creature of gooeyness~

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I never played Dragon Quest, but long before any of this Erdrick/Hero stuff, I wondered why Slime never got into Smash, especially when we got Square Enix on board. IMO, Slime was robbed last year, because sometimes mascots should be added before protagonists (ie Pikachu), and DQ was one of those times. Even if I never do play a Dragon Quest game, I will always believe that Slime is the rightful DQ rep. Add me to the support list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom