• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
That's wickedly harsh on their part.

It's the kind of thing I shouldn't laugh at, but I will laugh anyway, because it's just so scathingly wonderful~
I've seen this in the Robin and Lucina thread and as a Robin my, I will never stop laugh at this. IT'S PURE GOLD :joyful:.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
"Carbon copies".......*cough* dark pit *cough*

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Must. Not. Watch.

Also, glitchy Zales ring ads kept me from the site for days. Every single time I try to get my guide all fixed-up, something stupid happens. *sigh*

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I laughed way too hard with this lmao
Palutena and Viridi trolling Chrom is priceless
Those conversations were amazing, arguably better than the codecs in Brawl. As much as I like the MGS1 characters, you can't beat the charisma of the Kid Icarus Uprising cast. Spoilers about the conversations below, read at your own risk:

I can already see the tons of Viridi and Link fanart. Also, I will never see Ganondorf as anything other than the King of Porkness

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Those conversations were amazing, arguably better than the codecs in Brawl. As much as I like the MGS1 characters, you can't beat the charisma of the Kid Icarus Uprising cast. Spoilers about the conversations below, read at your own risk:

I can already see the tons of Viridi and Link fanart. Also, I will never see Ganondorf as anything other than the King of Porkness
Not arguably. Codecs were decent but were just general information about the characters, no one else can beat the charm those 3 can do in a conversation.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Lately, I've watching the Anime TV Show, called "Heavens Lost Property". Such a good show to watch for us pit mainers.

Because of Ikaros, I just had to use pink Pit. Otherwise, I could have gone with the red Pit, in which could've represented Goku in his kao ken form! xD

Last edited:

Turtal0s

Smash Rookie
NNID
tiptop34
3DS FC
2406-5288-9781
Hey @ CHOMPY CHOMPY good games, your footsies were on point, you definitely are skilled with Pit.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
My apologizes for interrupting your conversations with one another, but I have something very important to share with you all my fellow Kid Icarus: Uprising and/or Pit fanboys/girls. I give you a remix of Destroyed Skyworld for Smash Bros. Wii U. Enjoy! ^_^

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My apologizes for interrupting your conversations with one another, but I have something very important to share with you all my fellow Kid Icarus: Uprising and/or Pit fanboys/girls. I give you a remix of Destroyed Skyworld for Smash Bros. Wii U. Enjoy! ^_^

Must. Not. Listen. Until. Release. HNNNG.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Just because it was brought up, Pit's Angelic Ring in Brawl had some pretty cool uses. But mostly if you're being creative with your arrow spam.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Just going to advert here, but we have a tourney coming up Saturday for the 3DS version and I still need a Pit. We have a few other characters still available as well, if you're interested. Link in signature.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Just because it was brought up, Pit's Angelic Ring in Brawl had some pretty cool uses. But mostly if you're being creative with your arrow spam.
I actually liked that move quite a lot. I am still struggling to adapt to the Upperdash Arm...

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I actually liked that move quite a lot. I am still struggling to adapt to the Upperdash Arm...
Its a really good move but its pretty risky and is quite difficult to land on more experienced players :s.
I wish it at least reflected projectiles right back at the opponent instead of diagonally

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm not seeing much footage and players of Pit this time :/
Are some of you guys maining him too ?
I expected this board to explode after SSB for Wii U launch, because of the differences in playing with a GC Controller.

Anyone gets that "chaingrab"consistently ?Any news from the Pit metagame ?
I'm playing with him always I can, but I left my Wii U in other city (of my family/brother, not the city of my university) to end this year without **** my grades.
So I'm just playing one at each 3 days in the house of a friend, who plays competitive smash too.
But he is improving... his Falcon is becoming better than I expected.
He plays Rosalina and Peach, I play Mario and Sheik too... I'm feeling Pit will not be high tier again.
But it does not matter, I will never surrender the angel way

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Pits approach options arent too safe nor plentiful and he cant force people into approching him due to his arrows being sooooo slow and laggy compared to brawls....I reckon he will be mid

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Weeell, I've discovered ways to cancel Upperdash Arm lag completely. No, it's not as impressive as it sounds, since it only works on whiffs.

First, stand on the ledge. Roll away, and take another step. Upperdash for the ledge, and viola, you'll grab the ledge. I really can't think of a way to use it.

The next is an old one, but Onett and Lylat Cruise let you make great use of it. Upperdash off of a platform and land on another. Bam, canceled lag. On Onett you can use it for positioning or if you're not sure if the opponent will land somewhere.

And I can also confirm that Upperdash canceling on hit (to be referred to as "the holy grail" henceforth) still exists on the Wii U version. And you can grab an opponent who shielded your attack like this. Damn, somebody get to work on this.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Weeell, I've discovered ways to cancel Upperdash Arm lag completely. No, it's not as impressive as it sounds, since it only works on whiffs.

First, stand on the ledge. Roll away, and take another step. Upperdash for the ledge, and viola, you'll grab the ledge. I really can't think of a way to use it.

The next is an old one, but Onett and Lylat Cruise let you make great use of it. Upperdash off of a platform and land on another. Bam, canceled lag. On Onett you can use it for positioning or if you're not sure if the opponent will land somewhere.

And I can also confirm that Upperdash canceling on hit (to be referred to as "the holy grail" henceforth) still exists on the Wii U version. And you can grab an opponent who shielded your attack like this. Damn, somebody get to work on this.
Theres one other way to completely cancel lag. Hang off a ledge. Roll onto the stage from the ledge them upperdash arm right back off the stage, This leaves you at a certain distance. For some reason at this distance the upperdash's lag is cancelled once it reaches the air. From this position you can do whatever u want e.g nair or even do an upperdash arm back on to the stage instantly after your previous one. If you manage to somehow miraculously master/memorise this distance it can lead to some interesting edge gaurding

Also, what is this upperdash cancelling on hit you speak off ('the holy grail'), and you can grab after hitting a shield with the upperdash......holy......I must know more about this :O

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Theres one other way to completely cancel lag. Hang off a ledge. Roll onto the stage from the ledge them upperdash arm right back off the stage, This leaves you at a certain distance. For some reason at this distance the upperdash's lag is cancelled once it reaches the air. From this position you can do whatever u want e.g nair or even do an upperdash arm back on to the stage instantly after your previous one. If you manage to somehow miraculously master/memorise this distance it can lead to some interesting edge gaurding

Also, what is this upperdash cancelling on hit you speak off ('the holy grail'), and you can grab after hitting a shield with the upperdash......holy......I must know more about this :O
In some conditions, an aerial Upperdash will cancel on hit and can immediately be acted upon. Being, like, an inch of the ground seems to give us a .5% chance of it happening. Sometimes it'll happen if you use it to recover directly onto the stage, or when hitting somebody with it on a platform. The ramification are obvious: We'll essentially have a technique that'll let us close the gap in any situation where the attack starts, and it'll even start on spotdodges and rolls. As a side note, sometimes the attack will be canceled entirely. This is a minor issue, though, since it's more about the immediate action combined with the Super Armor approach.

If I knew more, Pit would be freakin' top tier.

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Decided to try Pit out today, holy crap is he good. I've boosted the amount I've won by a solid amount. Definitely feel like he has to be at least high tier with the amount of tools he has, not to mention damage potential.

So new Pit main here :)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Decided to try Pit out today, holy crap is he good. I've boosted the amount I've won by a solid amount. Definitely feel like he has to be at least high tier with the amount of tools he has, not to mention damage potential.

So new Pit main here :)
Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "damage potential"? That's something I'm interested in improving with as a Pit player and any advice would be appreciated~

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "damage potential"? That's something I'm interested in improving with as a Pit player and any advice would be appreciated~
It's really just the ability to damage the opponent quickly. For example, I've found that (in my opinion) Wario has a solid move set overall, but I can't do as well as him as with other characters because he has a hard time getting opponents to kill percent. A big part of this is being able to follow-up from throws, which is something Wario can't really do well.

One of the reasons I like Pit quite a bit is because he can get people to high percents without much difficulty. I've been able to follow up from DThrow until pretty late percents (like 90% ish, depending on the opponent) which can rack up damage. His dash attack is also crazy fast and does 12% which is a ton for an attack that quick. He also has pretty good and quick smashes.

Mixing up your moves or playstyle also helps quite a bit, and Pit's pretty good at that. The opponent's gonna catch on if all you do is run up and try to Shield Grab. Pit can use his arrows not only to get some good damage at the beginning of the match, but also to switch to a more defensive playstyle. I like to do this to get opponents to kill percent, especially for Uppderdash Arm or FThrow. If you need to get someone from 85% to 110%, switching to the defensive with Arrows is a pretty good way to do that, and will force your opponent to re-adjust his playstyle.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I kinda do want to see some Pit dittos sometime, but he's just so uncommon to me, and Palutena's my #1. Poor angel needs more attention, and wonder if there's others around besides us.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
After careful and much internal discussion, I've ruled Pit as a main/secondary for SSB4. Glad to use such a versatile character.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I kinda do want to see some Pit dittos sometime, but he's just so uncommon to me, and Palutena's my #1. Poor angel needs more attention, and wonder if there's others around besides us.
I'd love to take you up on your offer if I wasn't so busy in and out of SSB... People keep asking me to fight and I can't find the time.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If you fancy a Pit-on-Pit match-up, do tell me that you're interested and I'll be sure to take you up on that offer!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you fancy a Pit-on-Pit match-up, do tell me that you're interested and I'll be sure to take you up on that offer!
I'd enjoy it whenever we both are available, and we can show off some Palutena goodness as well.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay so this is going to seem like a really really stupid question buuuut...

Can anybody tell me how to activate Palutena's Guidance in Palutena's Temple? I just can't seem to figure it out. Does it have to be in a specific mode or with a specific amount of characters or something?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Okay so this is going to seem like a really really stupid question buuuut...

Can anybody tell me how to activate Palutena's Guidance in Palutena's Temple? I just can't seem to figure it out. Does it have to be in a specific mode or with a specific amount of characters or something?
Play as Pit and use his down taunt, but only tap the button. If you did it right Pit will strike a different pose and the conversation will start shortly after. You probably don't want to get hit while he's posing, since that happening with the other secret taunts causes them to cancel.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks guys, I just wasn't pressing it quickly enough. Been having some good times with it after I figured it out~

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Well, I just went a smash tournament last night and I managed to take 1st at another tournament with Pit. That makes it my 4th tourney win in a row!

; )

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, I just went a smash tournament last night and I managed to take 1st at another tournament with Pit. That makes it my 4th tourney win in a row!

; )
Show-off.

I'm kidding sweetheart. That's wonderful! Who did you play against~?

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
@ Wintropy Wintropy

Mad River Wednesday Bi-Weekly #5
12/10/14

Standings:

1st. Chompy: :4pit:
2nd: BigDamien: :4wario2:
3rd: SMH: :4shulk:
4th: Shane: :4link:
5th: Lordsturn: :4lucina:/:4yoshi:
6th: Handy Man: :4charizard:
7th: Joe Fattal: :4kirby:
8th: DVO: :4zelda:/:4ludwig:
9th: Hip: :4falcon:

The guy has the matches, so he should be able to upload them pretty soon.

R1: Handy Man :4charizard:

Game 1: Smashville 1-0
Game 2: Battlefield 3-0

R2: Shane :4link:

Game 1: Battlefield 2-0
Game 2: Smashville 2-0

Winners Finals: BigDamien :4wario2:

Game 1: Smashville 0-1
Game 2: Final Destination 0-1
Game 3: Smashville 1-0
Game 4: Town and City 2-0
Game 5: Smashville 3-0

Grand Finals: BigDamien :4wario2:

Game 1: Smashville 3-0
Game 2: Smashville 2-0
Game 3: Smashville 3-0

Last edited:

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
what are you guys' opinions on airdodging in this game

does anyone else feel like if people couldnt airdodge multiple times per jump that pit would go straight to top quartile? it feels like airdodging beats pit more than it beats other characters and its the most frustrating thing. people just phase through all my fantastic edgeguards, and all my arrows just go through people ;_;. airdodging is making me wanna quit smash 4 ugh lol. like my other characters right now are wario and pikachu, and aside from pika thunder & wario clap (and bike toss hoho), airdodging is way less of a hair puller against those characters for some reason, but then when i play pit, people just phase through every damn thing i throw at them and its so lame.

i dunno if i could drop all my characters and solely main pit then i would be ecstatic, he is the character i wanna main more than anyone, but like its so frustrating sometimes. like do you guys ever feel like pit got the short end of the airdodge stick or is it just me? people like ness and cfalc and stuff gain so much from not having to worry about projectiles catching their jump & forcing them to use their interceptible up-b and all that. but pit already has tools to deal with heavy edgeguarding and i seldom find myself needing to resort to airdodge whenever im recovering.

lol whatever im just mad

seriously tho dodging in this game is too stupidly good

Last edited:
Top Bottom