• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword SPOILERS Thread (SPOILERS I TELL YA)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
haha yeah that first skulltulla on the narrow walkway killed me too :X
5 times in a row here, if not more. Then again in Hero mode. :reverse:

Am at Demise in Hero Mode though and DAMN, the second phase is hard! How can I avoid not getting killed by his charge attack? Shield Bash works, but not for the offensive, as the electro blade gets in my way. :/

Stabbing is quite idiotic in this game indeed.

The Horde was quite easy with 2 heart medals equiped though :awesome: Could finish them of and Ghirahim easily enough without healing. Trick is to be patient, easily lasted about 15 minutes fighting them, but I don't care. ^^

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, I always wondered if everyone experienced issues stabbing in this game. It was my very least favorite thing to do, the Beamos things always got me several times before I successfully performed a stab and not a vertical and horizontal slash. Although, I do finally know the trick, you just have to be careful not to move faster than Link's hands, I believe his placement while you quickly stab with the mote will just make him slash or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was very glad to get the Bow to handle with em Beamos. Stabbing I honestly never used untill I looked it up on the internet that I needed to stab Ghirahim to beat him in that final fight. Just a regular stab with the Wii Remote wouldn't do, I really had to grab the thing on a different way to make stabs work :/ overall, the controlls are quite smooth though. Except for the balance the rope thing. Never could do that.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Stabbing was really easy for me. I heard lots of complaints about it before I even played the game, and I gotta say (like many of the common complaints regarding the controls) I don't understand what the fuss is. I just do a small thrust motion and it works fine nearly every time.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Stabbing isn't hard in SS, it just feels unnatural. For me, it felt like there was more of a delay stabbing than swinging. I suppose that's because you have to try more to stab since it's an unnatural movement even for a Wii game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A controll stick pointed forwards should've been enough. Would also allow for some variations. Then again, should we get all too familiair with doing stabbing motions by playing a Nintendo game? :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone ever noticed that Impa is in fact the first protector of the Triforce? She said so in the ending... Could explain her living for thousands of years.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Maybe the Sheikah have much longer lifespans because they were designed to be the protectors. We only see Impa as a Sheikah in SS and OoT and OoT's is different that SS's. Perhaps OoT Impa is actually fairly old?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She has white hair, but I don't think its her, otherwise OOT would've happened in between Skyward Sword's ancient past and present.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
She has white hair, but I don't think its her, otherwise OOT would've happened in between Skyward Sword's ancient past and present.

He said he knows that the Impa in OOT is different. He said that it's possible that the Impa in OOT is actually older than she appears (comparing to humans, that is). I would agree with the conclusion that Sheikahs simply have a longer lifespan.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thousands of years though...?? And they are pretty much extinct before OOT? Ain't that some ****...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So I finally got around to beating this game. WTF was Demise? i was ready to go at him, maybe 2 or 3 tries, as his sword disappears and he starts speaking I was just waiting for him to turn into some gigantic freakshow of an enemy...he evaporates. I was also hoping Ghirahim and Fi would do something during the battle oh well, the game is still sick, after the 6th temple it just got loads better, not that I didn't like it but the 6th temple just felt like a waste of time to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You mean the Sand Ship? Yeah, it was kinda weird, but the whole surrounding part was cool

Demise is a ***** in Hero Mode though. And its hard not getting damage from him in the second phase cause of that rushing attack. Or try beating him without shield.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
You mean the Sand Ship? Yeah, it was kinda weird, but the whole surrounding part was cool

Demise is a ***** in Hero Mode though. And its hard not getting damage from him in the second phase cause of that rushing attack. Or try beating him without shield.

Without a shield I can imagine it being hard, I dodged most of his rush attacks but I he did seem to deicde to rush every time I raised my sword while I was stuck and unable to move but without even planning to use my shield my reflexes just seemed to keep blocking by accident.

In Hero mode I'd just imagine I'd get an infused guardian potion for second phase and 2 infused red potions and a fairy.

I'll admit the battle was cool but there should have been a third phase, Ghirahim got it.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I'm no artist, so I can't do it myself, but I feel that since Nintendo didn't incorporate the Ghirahim vs Fi thing in the battle with Demise, someone ought to treat the fans to that pleasure. In my mind I see it as Link and Demise either with swords locked (a la TP's final battle with Ganon), and Fi and Ghirahim above them/extending from them with arms locked (as if they were wrestling or something, I guess), or have them both standing behind their respective masters giving advice (I see Fi just standing there, slightly leaning towards Link's ear, while Ghirahim has his arms up as if he's really getting into things while praising Demise).

Or, maybe Link and Demise could be volleying one of the Skyward (lightning) Strikes with F/G in one of the above poses.

I do agree that, once you figured out that you could use the skyward strike, Demise went down fairly easy. There really should have been a third bout/form.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^I like the way you think, because it's the way I think, and I'm sure it's the way others thought as well.
Once I saw how similar Ghirahim could look like Fi I was like hell yes, please be some dialogue here and some action as well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Oh wow I am abusing the **** out of that when I replay this, as if this game needed anything broken in it -_-

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I love Peatrice. Is this a bad thing I want to kick Zelda to the curve?
Zelda pushed me off a mile high island and when she had to come save me she neither apologized nor asked if I was okay. She just played with her bird...and then you know what? she told me to kill demise while she made it so he could not break the seal. He still broke the seal and after I killed demise, he came back.

So, if you liked her then that's fine, I chose her side of the quest rather than her father's. Zelda and Impa can suck it, if I didn't hook up Karane and Pipit I'd have chosen her over either of them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pffft, Groose totally wanted Impa. Link wouldn't even stand a chance to his manliness. :smirk: Am I late even wouldn't do it. Link is still a pimp though. It's clear he played Peatrice, just to get her goods
Graditute Cystals, don't get me wrong :rolleyes:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Finally I can post in this thread!
Finally you can say Zelda=Hylia=goddess
Granny=Impa
Ghirahim=Sword
The Imprisoned=a pre-Ganon
And you actually get the entire tri-force(as if you were getting dragonballs) and it's pointless towards the game because you forgot to close the gate.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What do you mean as in you forgot to close the gate?

Also Granny = Impa was obvious and Demise = Ganon was obvious (not the Imprisoned as much though). Zelda being Hylia and Girahim = Sword was way out of left field for me though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Granny = Impa was more shocking to me than anything else. Impa is awesome!
But all the mind ****s where great in this game! Love it therefore.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Granny = Impa was more shocking to me than anything else. Impa is awesome!
But all the mind ****s where great in this game! Love it therefore.
It was pretty obvious at least halfway through the game. What connected it for me was the hair.

Chibo, forgot to close the gate as in they left the gate to the past wide open for Ghirahim to go back in time and do his stuff there.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Once I realized young Impa was not from the present, I knew grannie was Impa.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
w/e getting the Triforce like that was the coolest thing ever
Sky Keep was the most fun I had and the idea of attaining the full tri-force was making me giddy but they way you got it was pretty uneventful. Like literally got it, thrust your sword into a mark that was randomly placed behind a bars. You didn't get to walk up a set of stairs where light was shining on the mark, and once you entered the spirit realm to get it, which was cool, you picked each piece up as if it were pearls from a chest in WW. I was expecting the room to light up as the piece shot into my hand or something, I mean honestly they may as well made it so every piece you got opened up your inventory and showed that piece going in as if it was a bug.

Little issues though, entering Sky Keep was so awesome and the puzzles were so much fun, a little sad that each piece wasn't like the courage one, roomful of enemies going through a gauntlet that actually tested you. Getting the tri-force of power was pretty much a rehash of the fire room in the temple, we already had to have 2 fire temples, why 2 fire rooms?

Once I realized young Impa was not from the present, I knew grannie was Impa.
This, I had assumed that Granny was just her mother or mentor. Since there's no mention of time travel until after you become acquainted with her it's impossible to come to that conclusion until after she blows up the first gate. By then I was just enjoying the cutscene.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't have guessed it because Granny explained who Impa was to Link before. Was probably in hard denial though...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, pretty much everyone saw the relation between the two. I think their inspiration was to mix Akuma and standard Ganondorf together.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Speaking of the triforce, I've said this before - I find that the idea of granting wishes is more powerful than when it does grant the wishes. What I'm trying to say is maybe it's not as powerful as the myth has you believe. Take a look at the course of action taken when Link finally acquires it - drops the mother****ing island on Demise. If it was as powerful as it is in legend, it should have done it without having to do that. Basically, Demise should have just disappeared. :glare:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Speaking of the triforce, I've said this before - I find that the idea of granting wishes is more powerful than when it does grant the wishes. What I'm trying to say is maybe it's not as powerful as the myth has you believe. Take a look at the course of action taken when Link finally acquires it - drops the mother****ing island on Demise. If it was as powerful as it is in legend, it should have done it without having to do that. Basically, Demise should have just disappeared. :glare:
They're like the Dragon balls or a monkey paw. You have to careful with the hubris in your wish. Be specific, wish Demise was never born/created or wish your entire bloodline had the power to kill Demise. Actually I think that's what Link did, and the dropping of the statue was just a hilarious result of the power of the tri force being gone from the statue after the wish and it fell.

Top Bottom