• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Will come to this just cuzz its my boy Keitaro! Will MM all PA players going (good old times)

Kingtoon
squall
vex
chibo
MIB
Nasty

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I figured out that going down with my girlfriend would be just way too expensive. $150 each way in her car, plus $200 for the hotel, plus any additional costs... Even if we split, it'd still be way, way cheaper to find my own way down on public transit.

You know thats not the real reason why you aren't bringing that gypsy down.

NNID
Budget_Player
Ahh I gotcha well good luck on that and I'm still trying to figure something out with Sunday Housing because I realize that OOS people coming here need housing for Sunday night, yourself included. I'll keep everyone updated and tell you guys something after my finals are over this week.

:phone:
This is a very good idea. Plus, Best Western does three-day deals that make everything cheaper... ^^

You know thats not the real reason why you aren't bringing that gypsy down.
Dude, it wouldn't have been the gypsy. It would've been the marshmallow.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
A question for Keitaro

I really don't have much of any tourney experience. I meant to attend CoT6 and play in some friendlies against pros and whatnot, but I worked all night the night before and overslept that day. So, just inquiring, could I potentially attend this event, play some friendlies, and, if I'm feeling my game isn't up to snuff, not enter in the actual tournament? I'd still be willing to pay the venue fee if necessary, as I'm really just looking to go head-to-head with some professionals and get some pointers, and, really, even just watch.

NNID
Budget_Player
Downeast Maine. There's a bus from Bangor (which I can get to) to Boston, and from Boston to NYC. I still have to catch my transits, though, and make sure I can land everything. :laugh: Although if someone could pick me up/drop me off in NYC, that would be an absolutely amazing help.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
You mean this is inclusive, Ally? Like, I have to be part of an online community? Sorry to be so ignorant about all this, I'm new to the competitive scene.

NNID
Budget_Player
@Josh: you have to register online beforehand to even get in, but you can decide on the fly to participate or not. You still have to let Keitaro know in advance that you're coming, though... Although I could be wrong about that.

Keitaro, when does the venue close on Sunday?
Tony, could you keep us posted about the hotel Sunday night?
Is anyone planning on driving back from NJ to NYC on Sunday night? Cuz Ally gave me this crazy idea of taking the night bus home. :laugh:

Tony T

Smash Ace
IDK if I have the funds for three days but if people are serious on housing for friday, sat, and sun night I'll need to set up a paypal post on AIB in order to get the money in advance so my bank card doesnt get declined. If at least 8 people agree to this then its all good. If you want 8 people in a room for three nights for $31 dollars each via paypal give me a hell yeah.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I really don't have much of any tourney experience. I meant to attend CoT6 and play in some friendlies against pros and whatnot, but I worked all night the night before and overslept that day. So, just inquiring, could I potentially attend this event, play some friendlies, and, if I'm feeling my game isn't up to snuff, not enter in the actual tournament? I'd still be willing to pay the venue fee if necessary, as I'm really just looking to go head-to-head with some professionals and get some pointers, and, really, even just watch.
You have to register online with a credit card or paypal or something so that you will be allowed in the venue. You also need to register for the actual tournament online as well, so he can create the pools before the tournament actually happens so it isn't super hectic for he/his staff. I mean, maybe you can talk to Keitaro about that personally, but as of now you have to sign up before the tournament for allowance in the venue (which you need regardless) and then entering the tournament
IDK if I have the funds for three days but if people are serious on housing for friday, sat, and sun night I'll need to set up a paypal post on AIB in order to get the money in advance so my bank card doesnt get declined. If at least 8 people agree to this then its all good. If you want 8 people in a room for three nights for $31 dollars each via paypal give me a hell yeah.
Hell Yeah!

Player-1

Smash Legend
hell yeah

drn for hell yeah too

edit: granted that we get a ride back to Long Island Airport on Monday (our flight is at night around 7) so if someone in Long Island drives us to the air port and it'd be more convenient for them to house with them Sunday night instead then we'd do that

NNID
Budget_Player
hell yeah

drn for hell yeah too

edit: granted that we get a ride back to Long Island Airport on Monday (our flight is at night around 7) so if someone in Long Island drives us to the air port and it'd be more convenient for them to house with them Sunday night instead then we'd do that
Jesus christ I just realized that NYC is ****ing huge, and that "Getting a ride to NYC" may mean ending up miles away from where I need to be. /badatgeography

archer.

Smash Lord
Hell yeah @ Fri/Sat/Sun night at the hotel.

Haven't bought my plane ticket yet but I'd like to fly into Newark on Friday and leave sometime on Monday, will there be someone who can pick me up/drop me off there?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Glad to see you plan to come Archer! If you score some good wins maybe you can get ranked even higher than your already nice 4th rank in North Carolina. Yup I'm a stalker!

For now I will put you down on the list of people who need a ride from Newark Airport. If you happen to find arrival and departure times let me know.

@ Jigglymaster: You got a month dude, you can do this!

archer.

Smash Lord
I already know I have plenty of options for arrivals and departures, I just wanna know the best times for both, so I don't inconvenience the driver too much or wind up having to wait at the airport for too long.

LOL why stalk NC we're bad.

Keitaro

I plan on doing airport runs friday night the day before the tournament. Each person I pick up will have to pay $10 for gas/tolls. Was planning on leaving my house around 6 PM July 13th and heading to Newark airport for pickups at 6:40, then JFK at 7:40, then La Guardia around 8:30.

If people are interested in getting picked up by me please let me know. I will only do this if I can get at least 5 people to be picked up.

Tony T

Smash Ace
well me and DRN are supposed to arrive at the Long Island airport at 2:45 p.m

our flight leaves on monday at 6:40 pm
Uh checkout on anyday from the hotel is 11am so I think you need to figure out what you guys are going to do for 4hrs. -_-

And I need a ride to the hotel since I'm going to have a full set up on me for the room/Venue, can anyone be able to pick me up and drop me off at the hotel around 1pm because I have to check in at 3pm.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Uh checkout on anyday from the hotel is 11am so I think you need to figure out what you guys are going to do for 4hrs. -_-

hourish drive to airport, then sit there the rest of the time would be fine with me if I have to.

Me and DRN would prefer get housing from someone in Long Island and for them to give us rides though.

Keitaro

I should be good for MVD and Seibrik so far then. Just need at least 3 more people. I can fit up to 8 total in my van btw. I never knew there was a LI airport, and it is likely out of the way for my already long trip :( Best I can do for that is give directions on how to get into the tourney area via public transit or you can possibly ask one of the LI players to get you.

Top Bottom