• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

Roller

Smash Legend
Yoooo, I'll be in NJ for this. Count me in. =P

Just curious. How will you guys be doing out of region seeding? Looking at PR threads? Consulting top players from the states/regions attending? etc..

Just sayin' cause I was preseeded 4th seed at apex and beat the 1st seed.. I assume you guys will put more effort into finding out about other regions than dm and doom did for apex, just checking.

M@v

Subarashii!
Will know late may/early june if I can come for sure. I have the same internship I did last year, and they were pretty chill letting me off for COT5, so I don't see a problem here. Regardless, not gonna confirm until I start working again and ask them.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
will this have AE/marvel?

and is MK banned/legal?
Maybe Marvel, most likely not AE. And MK is legal.
Yoooo, I'll be in NJ for this. Count me in. =P

Just curious. How will you guys be doing out of region seeding? Looking at PR threads? Consulting top players from the states/regions attending? etc..

Just sayin' cause I was preseeded 4th seed at apex and beat the 1st seed.. I assume you guys will put more effort into finding out about other regions than dm and doom did for apex, just checking.
I STRESSED using the PR's from each region but somehow it was never used and I never got to help seed for Apex. Otherwise you would have most likely been a 2nd seed or at least 3rd seed tbh imo. I will strictly be using PRs for my own tournament so no worries if you're ranked. I will find how info about each player if there is info to find out.

Keitaro

It is actually pronounced like that lol.

Basically pronounced SKA-TAR. Like Skater but with a TAR at the end.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Aren't you missing some of the rules from the Japanese ruleset?
Don't they have a scrooging rule and an IDC rule?

DRN

Smash Lord
GA is gonna try to come to this. Atm kismet, Micaelis and I are all planning on going.

Keitaro

Thanks for the trailer input guys XD
Aren't you missing some of the rules from the Japanese ruleset?
Don't they have a scrooging rule and an IDC rule?
I'm not too sure. I will double check just to make sure though.
GA is gonna try to come to this. Atm kismet, Micaelis and I are all planning on going.
Nice! You were probably the most questionable guy in bracket since a lot of people didn't hear of you before Apex so it would be nice to meet you.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
TRAILER, Y U SO GOOD

I really hope I'll be able to come to this. It looks like it's going to be amazing, and it'd be my first time going to an out-of-region tourney.

Keitaro

Thanks, and I hope you can make it!

Info about possible special guests and other stuff coming real soon!!

Be sure to check out and read the Japanese ruleset. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

Keitaro

I'm currently trying to figure that out myself. I saw that Kadaj is running a Japanese ruleset tourney in NC so I'm going to check his page to see if he knows how the counterpick system works.

Keitaro

Aight, these are the rules I got from Kadaj's Japanese Ruleset tourney.

-----------Set Format-----------
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

So I'm guessing it is like that. Only thing I don't understand is what is a counterpick? If I remember correctly, there are no counterpicks for singles really, just the 3 main stages. Unless that counts as a counterpick? I gotta research this up some more.

Also I thnk Kadaj's tourney actually had 3 extra CPs for singles: Yoshi's, Lylat, and PS1.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You pick the stage before the character? Whats the point then?

Keitaro

If you think about it, it is similar to counterpicking in the American rulesets after game 1. We usually do bans and stage choice first then choose characters.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I guess when you only have 3 stages it sort of does come down to just 1 ban each.

Seems kind of pointless tho. You are going to strike based on one thing and your opponent could switch to something entirely different (Snake on BF, ICs on FD, MK on Smashville) and kind of remove the point of going to "neutral" fighting ground.

I guess its not that big of a deal with only 3 stages, but are you sure thats how they do it in japan?

Keitaro

There may be 1 non smash side event but I'm not having 3 or so like before. Any game you're particularly interested in?

@Tesh: I'm not 100% sure as I copied that format from Kadaj's tourney and for some reason he has 3 more counterpicks. I need to ask Vinnie since he researched the Japanese ruleset stuff very well.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Only 3 stages for Singles? I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
In regards to the Rock-Paper-Scissors, do you go on Scissors or after Scissors? I need to know before committing to going to this tourney.

Keitaro

In regards to the Rock-Paper-Scissors, do you go on Scissors or after Scissors? I need to know before committing to going to this tourney.
That's a good question. If I understood what you meant I'd be able to answer it, but it is completely understandable if this decides your attendance.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Keitaro I think at some point there was a translation error, they also have those 3 cps (they used to have delfino as well, but I guess they recently took it off).

In a few sets you'll see those stages come up here and there, but I'm guessing they are more comfortable just going back to a stage they won on or a different neutral lol

Tourney looks pretty tight btw

Top Bottom