• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 3 Results - Over 450 Unique Entrants!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Melee Singles
Bracket: www.challonge.com/sktarm1
237 Entrants
SKTAR 3 Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
EG | PPMD
$1,303.50
2nd
P4K EMP Mew2king
$545.10
3rd
C9 | Mang0
$260.70
4th
EMP Armada
$118.50
5th
Westballz
$47.40
5th
VGBC | Hax
$47.40
7th
Zhu
$23.70
7th
MIOM | SFAT
$23.70
9th
MMG_Shroomed
9th
Larry Lurr

Project M Singles
Bracket: www.challonge.com/sktarpm1
256 Entrants
SKTAR 3 Project M Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Emukiller
$1,310.40
2nd
P4K EMP Mew2king
$504.00
3rd
REIGN|Professor Pro
$302.40
4th
ESAM
$201.60
5th
Rolex
$75.60
5th
EMP Armada
$75.60
7th
MOR ChuDat
$25.20
7th
Sethlon
$25.20
9th
VGZ | Junebug
9th
Strong Bad

Brawl Singles
Bracket: www.challonge.com/sktarb1
97 Entrants
SKTAR 3 Brawl Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
9B
$504.40
2nd
Nairo
$194.00
3rd
ESAM
$116.40
4th
CT ZeRo
$77.60
5th
ADHD
$29.10
5th
Ally
$29.10
7th
V115
$9.70
7th
XFIRE | CT Vinnie
$9.70
9th
CT | TLoc | Denti
9th
CT Vex

Melee Doubles
Bracket: www.sktar.com/sktarm2

Project M Doubles
Bracket: www.sktar.com/sktarpm2

Brawl Doubles
Bracket: www.sktar.com/sktarb2

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. Emukiller won PM Singles. Some random guy I see on the netplay IRC all the time actually WON at a huge event, and took out Armada (if I'm not mistaken) in the process. Hot damn.

Djent

Smash Champion
What happened to NAKAT and Seagull? What about NAKAT + False in Brawl 2v2? My guess is DQ.
I know Bloodcross lost to "a random" R1 and forfeited. Did NAKAT actually lose to 8bitman?

Also, I'm assuming Ken + KDJ both forfeited out of P:M at the last minute, because they were still in bracket. Or were they also DQed?

rundas1234

Smash Cadet
i find it hilarious that NAKAT wasnt at the venue and still outplaced someone LOL.

but in all seriousness, melee was super hype. brawl was hyper than people know, and pm was hype also (Would have been better if m2k didnt **** up winners semis IMO, cause then we would have gotten rolex vs prof. pro THE REMATCH).

this was just a hype tournament, good job to all - crazy upsets.

ShadowShlong

Smash Cadet
I'm upset that even though Project M had the most entrants when all three main smash titles were present, brawl was streamed over it? The hell is that? And the MLG stream doesn't show past broadcasts like twitch does, so we probably won't even see the majority of the PM matches if you missed the stream... i'm pissed.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Not bad for my first national as Yoshi :cool: Great tournament thanks for hosing Keitaro.

Edit: How do you claim you're a player in the results thing

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What happened to NAKAT and Seagull? What about NAKAT + False in Brawl 2v2? My guess is DQ.
I know Bloodcross lost to "a random" R1 and forfeited. Did NAKAT actually lose to 8bitman?

Also, I'm assuming Ken + KDJ both forfeited out of P:M at the last minute, because they were still in bracket. Or were they also DQed?
I forfeited in brawl. Nakat wasn't there. He had some prior things to do so he missed the tourney in general.

:018:

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I'm upset that even though Project M had the most entrants when all three main smash titles were present, brawl was streamed over it? The hell is that? And the MLG stream doesn't show past broadcasts like twitch does, so we probably won't even see the majority of the PM matches if you missed the stream... i'm pissed.
All the PM matches that were on stream should be uploaded to ClashTournaments' youtube in the next few days.

In addition, @HyperrCrow and Infinity recorded a bunch of matches that weren't streamed (shoutouts to them), they'll upload them on the TourneyLocator youtube channel.

Last edited:

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I have sooo many people to shout out.

First off, thanks so much to the Dolphin Netplay community. Seriously wish I was asked to do shoutouts on stream because the netplay community is too good not to explode in popularity. The amount of matchup experience and practice you get makes dealing with any latency so worthwhile, and I'm really excited to see other players be dedicated to hosting/streaming netplay tournaments and huge shoutout to Anther for his netplay ladder/matchmaking site. Shamelessly going to plug how to set it up , anther's matchmaking site , and the lRC Channel where you can find people to play or troubleshoot setting it up.

Thanks to Vex for housing me since Wednesday night and CT|Zero for the insaneeee amount of practice and for the advice while I was playing. Zero really helped my Mewtwo step up to a whole other level and get rid of some the bad netplay habits I have, and he seriously believed in me from the first time we played. His support has been amazing.

Thanks to the Easton PA crew and the NYC Free Saltines crew for the tournament experience. Each of the players there can give me a run for my money and the close sets really helped me. An especially huge shoutout to Frozen for teaching me a lot of FC nair techniques.

Along the same lines, thanks to Blue Cheez and Youngster Joey for their Mewtwo techniques too. I seriously just steal stuff from other Mewtwos and then have the tech skill to back it up in tournament play.

I also need to show my gratitude for the EU smashers that came out to SKTAR. Without them this tournament would not have been nearly as hype as it was, and being able to compete on an international level with a huge crowd behind me was amazing. I hope I get a runback with armada when he learns the matchup for a really fun set!!

Along the same line thanks to the Florida and Texas players who showed up. Wish I got to money match you Sethlon! Would have been awesome. But I think the results speak for itself that there's nothing great about dumb ol' Texas (OHHHHH LUNCHABLES WHERE YOU AT). Also shoutouts to Florida. Definitely has a hype crowd that after I played my set with ESAM I would have changed my tag from "FL SUX" to "FLs OK". Looking forward to playing plup, wizzrobe, hungrybox and master raven soon (although I won't be going to CEO so enjoy the free money!)

Thanks to the whole NJ smash scene for really believing in me when I didn't think my fundamentals were good enough to do well. Thanks to Zanguzen for being the one to get me back into SSBM after the EVO hype, because without him I would still be just another good not great player who doesn't show up to tournaments.

Thanks to Keitaro, RJ, Tantalus, TKBreezy, Dulor, ClashTournaments, VGBC, and anyone else who helped make the tournament possible. TKO calling matches on the mic Saturday was so hilarious I didn't mind waiting, and I'm glad Sunday could be as hype as it was.

Lastly, thanks to the Project M dev team for making such an amazing game. The tournament entrants speak for itself that PM isn't going to fade away anytime soon. There's enough players who specialize in it and are willing to host tournaments for it that the niche is there to stay, which is a testament to how great the game is.

Phew. Okay sorry if I forgot to shout out anybody else but I really want to watch all the Melee matches I had to miss because I was playing PM :D

Conti

Smash Ace
Good stuff to everyone that came! It was an awesome weekend. (i will edit this later for shoutouts and stuff!)

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I have sooo many people to shout out.

First off, thanks so much to the Dolphin Netplay community. Seriously wish I was asked to do shoutouts on stream because the netplay community is too good not to explode in popularity. The amount of matchup experience and practice you get makes dealing with any latency so worthwhile, and I'm really excited to see other players be dedicated to hosting/streaming netplay tournaments and huge shoutout to Anther for his netplay ladder/matchmaking site. Shamelessly going to plug how to set it up , anther's matchmaking site , and the lRC Channel where you can find people to play or troubleshoot setting it up.

Thanks to Vex for housing me since Wednesday night and CT|Zero for the insaneeee amount of practice and for the advice while I was playing. Zero really helped my Mewtwo step up to a whole other level and get rid of some the bad netplay habits I have, and he seriously believed in me from the first time we played. His support has been amazing.

Thanks to the Easton PA crew and the NYC Free Saltines crew for the tournament experience. Each of the players there can give me a run for my money and the close sets really helped me. An especially huge shoutout to Frozen for teaching me a lot of FC nair techniques.

Along the same lines, thanks to Blue Cheez and Youngster Joey for their Mewtwo techniques too. I seriously just steal stuff from other Mewtwos and then have the tech skill to back it up in tournament play.

I also need to show my gratitude for the EU smashers that came out to SKTAR. Without them this tournament would not have been nearly as hype as it was, and being able to compete on an international level with a huge crowd behind me was amazing. I hope I get a runback with armada when he learns the matchup for a really fun set!!

Along the same line thanks to the Florida and Texas players who showed up. Wish I got to money match you Sethlon! Would have been awesome. But I think the results speak for itself that there's nothing great about dumb ol' Texas (OHHHHH LUNCHABLES WHERE YOU AT). Also shoutouts to Florida. Definitely has a hype crowd that after I played my set with ESAM I would have changed my tag from "FL SUX" to "FLs OK". Looking forward to playing plup, wizzrobe, hungrybox and master raven soon (although I won't be going to CEO so enjoy the free money!)

Thanks to the whole NJ smash scene for really believing in me when I didn't think my fundamentals were good enough to do well. Thanks to Zanguzen for being the one to get me back into SSBM after the EVO hype, because without him I would still be just another good not great player who doesn't show up to tournaments.

Thanks to Keitaro, RJ, Tantalus, TKBreezy, Dulor, ClashTournaments, VGBC, and anyone else who helped make the tournament possible. TKO calling matches on the mic Saturday was so hilarious I didn't mind waiting, and I'm glad Sunday could be as hype as it was.

Lastly, thanks to the Project M dev team for making such an amazing game. The tournament entrants speak for itself that PM isn't going to fade away anytime soon. There's enough players who specialize in it and are willing to host tournaments for it that the niche is there to stay, which is a testament to how great the game is.

Phew. Okay sorry if I forgot to shout out anybody else but I really want to watch all the Melee matches I had to miss because I was playing PM :D
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I cannot believe you won. Good job man!

Master Raven

Smash Master
Real talk Emu I'm mad impressed. You are undoubtedly the best M2 right now. I learned a lot from watching you onstream and I'm going to incorporate all your strats taht I'm not doing enough of.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What habits did you develop and fix?

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
quoted for truth
Tourney was awesome and so was the food there

PokemonMasterJamal3

Smash Apprentice
wow wth really lol...if bloodcross called darkflame a random that's ridiculous xD evidently he's more random then darkflame :awesome:

it's his fault for not knowing/researching/respecting other regions besides new england and being unaware of virginia players. darkflame has won tourneys before.
Djent wasn't being specific (or maybe he didn't know), but the "random" Bloodcross lost to R1 was actually in PM (to Cosmic Fuzz). He didn't play out Losers of PM or any of Brawl Singles.

Djent

Smash Champion
wow wth really lol...if bloodcross called darkflame a random that's ridiculous xD evidently he's more random then darkflame :awesome:

it's his fault for not knowing/researching/respecting other regions besides new england and being unaware of virginia players. darkflame has won tourneys before.
I know Darkflame has actually put in some work before, hence the scarequotes. I was just going off of his Twitter status.

...although it seems like he deleted his Twitter now. :awesome:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
oh I see...but that's still even weirder o__o I didn't even know bloodcross played pm...to go all the way to new jersey and not even play the game he's been doing for years (brawl)? odd...

Djent

Smash Champion
Also, it's funny that Emukiller trained with Zero and housed with Vex before the event.

Reminds me of Salem's Apex 2k13 run. PA confirmed hyperbolic time chamber?

Last edited:

Degree

Smash Apprentice
I didn't get to see all of it live, but what I did see was awesome. Melee Doubles Grand Finals was probably the highest level doubles ever seen with probably the top 4 players in the world taking part, and mostly playing on point. Excellent stuff.

Last edited:

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
Yo Shout out time.

Infinity-That MK ditto money match was intense man. The set was fantastic!

Lawnchair-Keep up the great MK play, it was nice seeing you again.

Sethlon-Thanks for the matches, had an awesome time with our MM.

Agriff-Awesome meeting up again, your charizard is getting super solid!

Deff-Doing work with bowser as usual, awesome time as always.

Jreed- Your wario is phenomenal, wish we could've played some friendlies.

CruzyCakes-You and Jreed did work in teams, great seeing you again!

Gallo-Thanks for letting us stay with you that one night, it was mad chill of you.

Denti-Thanks for the MM! It was awesome facing your Ivysaur.

Poob- Had a fun time in our MM, loving the DK. Thanks for the set.

Uchi- Your ike was pretty damn good, it was nice meeting you!

K9-Thanks for the MK dittos, those were very fun.

Oracle- Double zard too strong.

I'll add more if I forgot anyone, sorry if I did!

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm super down about how I choked at this event at usual. really hurts this time more then ever due to the amount of practice I put in for this event. But bright side to that is that I was able to get my first big win in my 8 years of playing smash by beating junebug. And it happen to be at this event. So I guess this event will always be special to me because of it. Slowly getting better at the game but still can't control my heavy anxiety problem and nerves. Think I be a top player if not for that. I don't know what I can do about it and as long as I am like this, I will remain a mid level player.

Best Part of this event was the new friends I made and how so many people were hype to meet me at this event for the first time. One even wanted me to sign his book bag with names filled with top players and old school legends. That made me feel special. Idk what to do about this mental issue but I won't quit even when fighting with it for 8 years and still losing to it.

GG's to all that I played at this event, Old Faces and new friends I met. I'll see you guys around.

Last edited:

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
What habits did you develop and fix?
Playing online means spamming stuff that doesn't work, and not getting punished because people have significantly worse reaction times. So you'll see me go for a lot of up-smash out of shield, online people won't punish it because of worse reaction times. I also tend to not be safe on block, with bad hover back-air usage where I'm still "inside" my opponent' shield after shield stun runs out, ready to get hit by their OoS option. My shadowball game was also worse because of online play, where it's tougher to reflect or shield it on reaction even though a lot of my shadowballs are still missing, even after playing Zero who is on point with reflecting them with down-B.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Playing online means spamming stuff that doesn't work, and not getting punished because people have significantly worse reaction times. So you'll see me go for a lot of up-smash out of shield, online people won't punish it because of worse reaction times. I also tend to not be safe on block, with bad hover back-air usage where I'm still "inside" my opponent' shield after shield stun runs out, ready to get hit by their OoS option. My shadowball game was also worse because of online play, where it's tougher to reflect or shield it on reaction even though a lot of my shadowballs are still missing, even after playing Zero who is on point with reflecting them with down-B.
How was Zero able to notice all this for you and when/where? How does someone playing on Wifi/Netplay not develop the bad habits? How did you get at a level of ledge teleporting that seems to be past the likes of other M2's, and never mess it up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom