• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

HiIH

Smash Lord
You shouldn't be playing Marth on smaller levels, Yoshi's story should be banned. FoD is rough, but you can try running on platforms to at least pull a bomb and try using standing boomerang spam.
FoD V marth is kind of a weird platform stage. On one hand you don't want to be on the one that goes above marth's head, but if you can get around the one that his head sticks through you're golden just about anywhere you're at. If you're above him, you're dsmash hits him before he can utilt or Fsmash, plus you can tech into him if you get thrown onto it. You'll still get Fsmashed, but it's not going to be a tipper, and not really that scary. Plus you can platform camp like a ***** on FoD under the low platform. Your utilt hits EVERYWHERE on it, plus sometimes you can spin through it for more hilarity.

Etc Etc.

Not to mention the HUMONGOUS edges for you to sweetspot grapple. It's ridiculous.

AH! idk why i never thought of RC against him...silly me... FD and PS are not bad. Dreamland i avoid mostly. Idk the platforms agiant marth are scary.
I generally almost always take a marth to Dreamland. To me that's your best stage against him. The platforms mess up his combos, while still giving you platforms to do your normal stuff on (like Uairing through them or tech chasing onto them). Not to mention your OUTRAGEOUS recovery. You can easily live to 180>200% almost every stock if you avoid the gimp. You even get a good comboing space in the bottom middle.

Tamoo

Smash Master
This was a really good read, been looking into link for a low tier char.

Just one question, why is bf good against jiggs? I always cp this stage against the uk link player and it's suited me well so i was just wondering. It just seems to me that if jiggs is on the ledge against link, all i really need to do is drop down nair whilst he is trying to recover to cover most of the options.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I did that. I had even already changed it in the update that's coming soon, noooo idea why I put battlefield. It's like a worse FD for that matchup.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Sticky Time, been too long, might want to pm me if you want some of the the other stickies organized into this or something.

Skler

Smash Master
I have to move all my crap back into school this weekend :(

Might be able to do a saturday one but I don't know. I'll have to talk to mike about it.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
hey I remember a while back ppl were talking about jumping out of the bair into another aerial. thats after a full hop right? or can you do it out of a sh? i do it a lot by accident and when i do it on purpose its from a full hop.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Nah, IIRC you can't follow up with a jump or another aerial after a shbair. Not saying that bair isn't good,though.

Hmm...come to think of it, I actually have a question of my own.

I've seen a lot of link vids on YouTube, and I see a lot of us doing the occasional fullhop nair and sometimes combo after the end of it with another nair right before we hit the ground, which is awesome. However, I never see anyone fulhop nair then fastfall at the peak of their jump so that they still hit the opponent but also quickly reach the ground right after the ending frames of the nair, or fullhop nair into someone's shield and then double jump backwards and throw a boomerang. Why is that? I think we can milk a lot more out of link's juicy nair than we have been.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
*tries again*.
O_o

whoops, guess you can, sry - gl being consistent with that though.
It's just immediate just before the peak of the short hop. Being consistent with is definitely possible. You can also waveland out of this sh.Bair as well. It has it's applications in some situations, but eh... Link's wavedash/land isn't so great =/

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Ive been watching a lot of HDL vids recently. He seems to use jabs followed by dtilt as sheild pressure or just to combo with. isnt the dtilt a bit laggy for that? is not the dsmash better?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Ive been watching a lot of HDL vids recently. He seems to use jabs followed by dtilt as sheild pressure or just to combo with. isnt the dtilt a bit laggy for that? is not the dsmash better?
Well, you see, what he's betting on when he dtilts is that the opponent will stay in their shield after the jab. It's definitely a safer option than grabbing, and after the move comes out there isn't nearly as much of a wait afterwards before you're able to move again in compArison to his grab or dsmash, meaning that you can't be punished very much if they block it - the worst that a smart opponent will do is usually just roll or jump away.

Also, if it hits, free uair juggle or dair :p

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Prediction of opponent jump oos to U-Air is ****. Discuss.
I FREAKING KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?

It racks up SO much damage when you juggle afterwards, and they usually have one heck of a hard time getting back down.

Uair juggle all dai son! :3

Skler

Smash Master
Bah the update is on my laptop (I got a new computer) and I've been writing 4 papers for the past week. Then I've got to write up a plan for the class I'm teaching this weekend and write ANOTHER 8 page paper.

Get *****, me.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I was trying to hook shot on Kongo Jungle and I was wondering if the ledge was smaller then Battlefield?

And is Link and good on this stage or does the small ledge hinder him?

Edit: I noticed that there is no ledge besides what you hold onto. It's just some wood that looks like you can hook shot on it. D:

Skler

Smash Master
I've been like, reallllly busy lately. My laptop is also sort of being held hostage. Really weird situation, actually.

Anyways, I've been super busy since this is my second to last semester (and it's honestly my hardest, all my classes are 600 level or above). It's also crunch time now since I've got like 100000 projects due in a 2 week time period.

I also ended up doing a two person project on my own because all my partner did was copy wikipedia. Then I gave a presentation and he stumbled along and did horrible, failing at any questions that were asked about parts of the subject he was supposed to have covered. I still have to write a paper on the damn thing because he's too busy copying wikipedia and I really don't want to get hit by plagarism (he told me he did research and brought up a word document that was WORD FOR WORD copied from wikipedia). It's really a pretty awful story, right down to him not responding to any of my communications until the DAY OF OUR PRESENTATION.

This kid also failed the last test, so maybe he just stopped trying and/or is an idiot.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
I also ended up doing a two person project on my own because all my partner did was copy wikipedia. Then I gave a presentation and he stumbled along and did horrible, failing at any questions that were asked about parts of the subject he was supposed to have covered. I still have to write a paper on the damn thing because he's too busy copying wikipedia and I really don't want to get hit by plagarism (he told me he did research and brought up a word document that was WORD FOR WORD copied from wikipedia). It's really a pretty awful story, right down to him not responding to any of my communications until the DAY OF OUR PRESENTATION.

This kid also failed the last test, so maybe he just stopped trying and/or is an idiot.
Ah, such a typical modern school scenario, it makes me sick. I feel you lol

What has this world come into?... *geez*

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I know right? And it's always the link mains... Auuugh. Can't wait to relax and go to pound.
I would much rather play 1000 sheik vs link sets than type this paper i'm procrastinating.

Top Bottom