• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SkillKeeper - TrueSkill™ Rankings Bookkeeper

Unclejdog

Smash Rookie
See, that is what I thought, too, but it keeps saying the subdomain doesn't exist when I type in the name after challenge.com/[name]. I tried it with the full link, just the name, www style, etc.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
See, that is what I thought, too, but it keeps saying the subdomain doesn't exist when I type in the name after challenge.com/[name]. I tried it with the full link, just the name, www style, etc.
Send me the challonge link I will try to import it using my API and see if it works haha

Rachman

be water my friend
Hey guys, I have found my skillkeeper to no longer be usable as whenever I load my world it says that "an item with the same key has already been added". Any way to fix this?

migszxc

Smash Rookie
Would you guys have any use for an app that calculates win probability using the values from the program? Made one for a couple friends just for fun using the PR data from skillkeeper but I'm not sure if it has any applicable use other than for amusement

Rachman

be water my friend
Would you guys have any use for an app that calculates win probability using the values from the program? Made one for a couple friends just for fun using the PR data from skillkeeper but I'm not sure if it has any applicable use other than for amusement
Potentially I would! Just for fun of course

KimiNewt

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, as you might remember I made http://sandpr.com a while ago to display SkillKeeper results (and it has a decent amount of users right now).

I just got off college for the summer so I'll resume work on it. I wanted to ask two things:
1. If there's anyone who's already using it, I'm going to be deleting the DB because the new one is quite different. If you do not have your original SkillKeeper files and need to migrate the data, let me know.
2. Any feature requests?

What I've already done:
* Account system
* Display player's ranking change
* Display player's matches.
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/RK4D1

Toony

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, as you might remember I made http://sandpr.com a while ago to display SkillKeeper results (and it has a decent amount of users right now).

I just got off college for the summer so I'll resume work on it. I wanted to ask two things:
1. If there's anyone who's already using it, I'm going to be deleting the DB because the new one is quite different. If you do not have your original SkillKeeper files and need to migrate the data, let me know.
2. Any feature requests?

What I've already done:
* Account system
* Display player's ranking change
* Display player's matches.
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/RK4D1
Hey man we use your program every week for our PR at our local smash scene. It would be great if you migrate Kamloops Smash 4 PR, and Kamloops Melee PR.

KimiNewt

Smash Rookie
If you have the SkillKeeper CSV it'll be easier to just reupload it. You'll also have to create a user now that we're out of beta. You can send the CSV to me or do it yourself when it's up.

If you don't, I can migrate it manually.

Toony

Smash Journeyman
If you have the SkillKeeper CSV it'll be easier to just reupload it. You'll also have to create a user now that we're out of beta. You can send the CSV to me or do it yourself when it's up.

If you don't, I can migrate it manually.
Yeah I have all the CSVs so it should be okay.

Did you know what approx date you were gonna migrate over, and update the program?

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
K KimiNewt Thanks for the heads up man! We love your website and I have told a bunch of people about it. I know the two Project M scenes would appreciate something like this, so my question is how hard would it be to add character images for PM? Or would it be an issue based on what it reads from the csv file?

Also, will I need to get a new password for the release/non-beta?

Finally, one feature I would love to see is to hide some of the columns, or if I hid them on the csv, not have them show up on the website. Eg. the score column with a number that people don't really care about if they aren't behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance!

KimiNewt

Smash Rookie
I've been held up a bit but hopefully the new version will pretty soon, though if I don't make it before Tuesday you'll have to wait a while cuz I'm going on vacation.

Yes, it's possible to add PM icons, I've added a "game" setting for each group. I might not have the icons for PM up straight away but could add them later. I'll add the column hiding to my feature list.

You'll have to register and recreate the group, no more beta keys (you can grant group editing permissions to other users). If you don't have an up-to-date CSV and need me to migrate from the old database, let me know.

StormofThunder

Smash Rookie
NNID
StormofThunder
I'm getting the same "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime". error as a previous user, but this time from one of SkillKeeper's own bcn files.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
   at SkillKeeper.SkillKeeper.fileLoadButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SkillKeeper
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents/Streaming/SkillKeeper/skillkeeper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Moserware.Skills
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents/Streaming/SkillKeeper/Moserware.Skills.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Why is this, what can I do about it? I don't want to reimport all of the matches because of this. I think the formatting is just fine, regardless of the short date format I choose on my computer.

Here's the bcn file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwxewduu9gODNVJVSU5xSTZwUmc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

TheMasterGinta

Smash Cadet
Is this being updated anymore?
I also have this problem to where sometimes I'll open the program and it will randomly close on me.

Would also be good to have smash gg brackets along with pools implication.

KimiNewt

Smash Rookie
Whoever's using SandPR needs to register and recreate their group. You can then just reupload the latest CSV (& BCN) file or ask me to migrate previous data.

joshcar16

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if it's possible to manually edit player rankings in Skillkeeper? Glickoman had the feature, but I can't find it now in Skillkeeper. Thanks

gamarad

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to use the difference in two players TrueSkill scores to find the probability of one player beating the other?

Edit: Never mind, the win probability calculator app posted above does this.

Last edited:

sauc3

Smash Lord
Would LOVE if you added smash.gg compatibility. Manually adding results from 200+ entrant tournaments with multiple waves has been .... tedious.

APESAUCE

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-1741-8331
running into a problem was seeing if anyone could help me out. ive used skillkeeper for over a year now and one of my friends wanted me to do a skillkeeper for his region and when i go to generate a new world and put in the API key it shows no tournaments i can import at all. any help would be appreciated.

-update

just figured it out, had to put somestuff in the subdomain or whatever its called, never had to use it before

Last edited:

gamarad

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain to me how decay works? I assume it puts more emphasis on recent results and I'm trying to figure out a good value to use.

Sayarrr

Smash Rookie
Hey can anyone explain to me how to use the import function for challonge I can't figure it out at all

Badnik96

Smash Rookie
NNID
Badnik96
3DS FC
2767-1706-8551
If this is still being updated, can I request a way to export match history into a spreadsheet? It would be super helpful.

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
Screenshot (11).png

Can someone help me out here with this? Was testing out the program to keep track of scores but this error keeps popping up. I'm fairly certain I've got the right API, maybe it's the sub-domain? I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong with the Challonge import. Any help would be appreciated. Also, a quick how to of how to enter tournaments manually would be nice because I can't get that to work properly either. A lot of the boxes are grey'd out and I can't do anything with them; including the p1 win and p2 win buttons.

~Thanks for your help

Longur

Smash Rookie
Where can I find the subdomain of a tournament. Sorry for the noob question

Update, I figured it out, but now get this error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`3 func)
at SkillKeeper.SkillKeeper.fileImportChallongeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
SkillKeeper
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/skillkeeper/SkillKeeper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Moserware.Skills
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/skillkeeper/Moserware.Skills.DLL
ChallongeApiWrapper
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/skillkeeper/ChallongeApiWrapper.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
RestSharp
Assembly Version: 104.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 104.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Desktop/skillkeeper/RestSharp.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

So I was getting this message as well. It works fine for tournaments on my personal account but when I tried my subdomain it fails 99% of the time. I guess it's because I have 100+ pages worth of tournaments on my subdomain and it was just failing on getting ALL of them in a timely manner and would timeout or something. So I went into the code (SKChallongeImporter.cs) and commented/deleted line 49 [tournaments = portal.GetTournaments().ToList();]. I haven't got the error since but the tournament list isn't filled out anymore so you must give a tournament name.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
So I was getting this message as well. It works fine for tournaments on my personal account but when I tried my subdomain it fails 99% of the time. I guess it's because I have 100+ pages worth of tournaments on my subdomain and it was just failing on getting ALL of them in a timely manner and would timeout or something. So I went into the code (SKChallongeImporter.cs) and commented/deleted line 49 [tournaments = portal.GetTournaments().ToList();]. I haven't got the error since but the tournament list isn't filled out anymore so you must give a tournament name.
Question: would archiving those tournaments on challonge make a difference? I don't have this issue but could see it coming up in the future. Might be worth a shot.

Longur

Smash Rookie
Question: would archiving those tournaments on challonge make a difference? I don't have this issue but could see it coming up in the future. Might be worth a shot.
I didn't realize archiving was a feature on challonge. I tried looking around for it but couldn't find it. A quick google search didn't come up with anything either.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I didn't realize archiving was a feature on challonge. I tried looking around for it but couldn't find it. A quick google search didn't come up with anything either.
Go to your tournament list and click on the little x in the upper right of one of the tourney listings. It will let you archive it. I personally haven't archived but if it somehow made it somewhat inaccessible, skillkeeper might then ignore it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sorry, it's been ages since I did anything here. Merged in a few changes that others had made on the github. I'm going to be looking into some more stuff this Sunday.

Toony

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, it's been ages since I did anything here. Merged in a few changes that others had made on the github. I'm going to be looking into some more stuff this Sunday.
Hey thanks for continuing to work on this! We've been using SkillKeeper for about a year now, and the only suggestions I had were:

1) Not sure if this is a SandPR thing, but some DLC icons for Smash 4 don't show up, eg Corrin.

2) Somehow allow for Smash.gg integration.

3) Also not sure if this is possible but displaying Skillkeeper stats in OBS during stream. Kinda like TafoStats, but when 2 players are playing having it so we can see their records and probability of winning etc.

Thanks!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
#1 is definitely a SandPR thing, my program doesn't even have character icons.
#2 I'm maybe looking into. If I can make the time, it's definitely something I want to implement.
#3 is beyond my level for the moment, but I'll keep the idea in mind.

TheEvilTurnip

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEvilTurnip
3DS FC
5386-7994-1326
I can't import from challonge either. When I enter my api key and tournament, this pops up:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=104.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'RestSharp, Version=104.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Fizzi.Libraries.ChallongeApiWrapper.ChallongePortal..ctor(String apiKey, String subdomain)
at SkillKeeper.SKChallongeImporter.importChallonge(String apiKey, String subDomain, String specifiedTournamentName, List`1 playerList)
at SkillKeeper.SkillKeeper.fileImportChallongeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

mscorlib
SkillKeeper
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Austin/Downloads/SkillKeeper/SkillKeeper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Moserware.Skills
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Austin/Downloads/SkillKeeper/Moserware.Skills.DLL
ChallongeApiWrapper
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Austin/Downloads/SkillKeeper/ChallongeApiWrapper.DLL

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Top Bottom